July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Rose Confidentiel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is one of those nail polishes that you use all the time - for years and years - almost take it for granted and then realize you have never shared it with MUA! For my complexion, this polish is the perfect rose/pink color. It is just a classy shade of polish that one can wear anytime for any occasion. It is not too bold nor is it too nude, it is just a creme polish that will never go out of style. Definitely a classic nail polish - it goes on beautifully - I like it with two coats - color is true to the look in the bottle. Worth the money for the color and quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in the process of purging all my excess stuff and replacing with great basics I LOVE. This is one of them.
A classy muted rose that looks great on my PPP skin,and doesn't pull pink out of my skintone...
I can get much more use out of this than all the OPI,China Glaze and Butter Londons and Essies I wear once or twice and lose interest in,,,
I am making this my signature color,goes well with all my neutral wardrobe colors.
Better to spend more $$ on something I LOVE and USE,than wasting $$ on "meh" stuff that just sits there.......

NOW this has been discontinued? It was a classic for soooo many years! I got 3 back ups ....I am sad

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ccee2k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

First tried this from a friend, and even though I don't normally wear nail varnishes, I have to make an exception for this.

I am pretty dark-skinned with warm brown undertones (NW50), and this looks so subtle and classy it never goes un-noticed or without compliments.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour so much. It's as simple as that. Goes on a like a dream, zero fuss. I do worry if the colour, a brownish rose pink, is flattering on me. I am very fair cool toned. But as a few reviews here seem to think its fine for fair skin I'm not going to worry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Newyorking

I LOVE this color! My skin tone is medium, and this color is like a pink brown. It matches my Laura Mercier Dry Rose lipstick perfectly! I fell in love with this color at the Chanel counter. It is not as pigmented as Chanel nail colors, I needed at least 2 coats, maybe 3, to make it work. The color is very nice and perfect for spring and fall. It looks better on the hands. I have not tried it on my feet yet but I tend to reserve bright colors for my feet. I highly recommend this product. I think it would go with any skin tone. It is slightly neutral and very elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm a cool-toned PPP (NW10), pale with blue undertones and pink in my skin, and this polish works beautifully for me. It's a dusky rose with mauve tones in it, and the first day I wore it, I got a compliment on it within 30 minutes of leaving the house. I was buying cigars for a friend who just had a baby, and the SA said, "That nail polish is beautiful on you" and asked me what it was. That has only happened to me a handful of times with polish. I also get a lot of compliments with Nailtini's Pink Poodle, and Chanel Rose Confidentiel reminds me of Pink Poodle but it lasts longer (although it's slightly pricier). Rose Confidentiel is a little more muted, but they are in the same family. Very flattering for cool-toned PPPs. And very professional. They are colors that work well for work.

This is the first picture I've ever taken of my nails, so it doesn't fully do the color justice. Plus I wasn't planning on taking a picture so I didn't devote a lot of time to painting my nails. But this polish applies so easily and is not at all streaky. I do find have to touch it up a little every couple of days (on the tips of my nails but not my toes). I love this color and hope Chanel keeps making it. The wear of this is decent -- much better than OPI, Essie and slightly better than Nailtini. It is not as good as Rescue Beauty Lounge but few polishes are. RBL polishes hold up SO well on me, but sadly she hasn't made a shade like this. If RBL would, I would stock up. For some reason I can't get the picture to post in my review. :( But it is in my profile.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This kind of dusty "ballet" pinks are tricky to sport. If you don't get the right shade they can be the most unflattering polishes on earth, giving you dirty hands or lobster claws. I'm very fair (NC15), neutral-warm, but the skin on my hands often has a lot of redness. I have lots of polishes in similar colors, because I'm a sucker and I can't resist them, but Rose confidentiel is one of the most flattering on me and, although it can be seen as a conservative color, I really think it can also display an edgy character, like a creamier, lighter sister of Opi Parlez-vous opi. Formula-wise it has a perfect consistency, not too thick and not runny, and it's perfectly opaque in two coats. I pair it with Seche Vite as a top coat and it doesn't shrink. I would certainly rebuy. In fact, I already bought a backup. I read somewhere that Opi Kreme de la Kremlin is a dupe for this, but since it's harder to find, I haven't seen it in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gorgeous dusty pink itīs very classy and discrete. Would say that it suits all year round. On me itīs more long lasting than others Chanel polishes i have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally wear dark reds or deep purples and can't stand most pink or nude polishes. However, this is a very nice, neutral pink that has become a favorite of mine. The color is a little flat/grey, which makes it great for all seasons and it works for professional settings too.

This is my first time using a Chanel polish, but I found that it chips a day or so earlier than OPI or Essie would. However, since the color is on the lighter side, it's not as noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When i tried this polish on at the store i thought it was a nice neautral shade and looked good with my skin tone. However i wasnt "grabbed" by it, I knew i had O.P.I shades close to it.
I bought it anyway, before it sold out and i changed my mind!
Im so glad i did. I`ve worn it a lot recently and really like it!

Its a nudey/beige/creamy pink! It looks like the classic warm safe pink an older woman would wear. But like i said i`ve used it more than i thought and its great for this time of year, not hot enough to get your bright polishes out yet.....but want to get away from those wintery blacks and plum shades!
I think it looks really sophisticated on my short sqaured off nails. It adds just a touch of feminine colour. Very pretty in a subtle mature way. Now when i say subtle i mean the shade itself...not at all the consistancy! It is a very smooth opaque creamy formula which goes on very even and easy to apply!
For something i thought was kind of boring, i love it now. Its very pretty and flattering.
I would re-buy!
The ONLY reason i didnt give this the full 5 lippies is because its not nessasarily unique to Chanel. There are O.P.I shades like it, if you were on a budget!