October 25, 2014 | 1773 users online

Powder - Graftobian - HD PRO POWDER FOUNDATIONS

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has changed over the years - I went from having pretty oily skin to having practically dehydrated skin! So it's been a battle to find products that work for me now since most products I used for years no longer do the job. Most of all foundations - I always used liquid or cream, not anymore, they really do settle into and highlight any dry spot I have. I've read/heard others with dry skin talk about powder foundations NOT doing that, when it always seemed to me that would be the opposite. NOPE! It's true, this foundation does NOT highlight my dry patches, or lines. It also does NOT oxidize on me, which is huge. I use FAIR MAIDEN and it stays true AND doesn't lean pink or yellow. (I've used MAC NC15, for reference) But many foundations either go too pink or yellow, not this one. Whether I use it dry or with a slightly damp brush the color stays true to my pale skin, it covers well and I find that for me it lasts longer than Mac's Studio Fix. I've bought this repeatedly now, and these days it's rare I go back for more of the same! Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by WhitneyCostner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can anyone please post an ingredient list for this? Especially interested in if it contains Mica or Titanium Dioxide or Bismuth. Thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful finish, and excellent, flexible coverage. Great for photos too. I wear Fair Maiden, the lightest neutral, and am sort of a not-very-yellow-at-all NC15 in MAC. I first bought the refill to try it out for around $9 and I love it, so will be upgrading to the compact in the near future. The refill is the size of a large eyeshadow, like La Femme or Bobbi Brown. Mine just came in a little plastic sleeve so I moved it into a small Z Palette with a depotted contour powder (La Femme Taupe) and a blush (La Femme Nectar Peach), perfect for my everyday face.

I pat it on with a damp sponge for full matte coverage, with a dry sponge over sheer liquid foundation to give it a perfect finish, and with a brush for a very sheer finish. If applied with a damp/wet sponge, it does tend to make my skin feel dry and tight once the powder dries and sets, so look out for that if you're dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by sunnykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got Porcelain Doll, too yellow, too dark. So then I got Fair Maiden, also too dark.
So that's unfortunate. It makes it just as crap-tastic as every other powder- because really, all I'm ever looking for is a foundation that's white enough without being too white... or too yellow, or too pink (but the right gradient is a good start).
I'll give it points for not being as dark as el cheapo brands which hues start at some kind of blonde shade, and bypasses about us super white redheads, goths and other just general no-the-sun-is-not-fun types making me look like I tried to fake tan with my foundation (not a good look).
So yes, the shades are an okay range, but from a professional brand I'd expect at least a half shade lighter (and come to think of it they could probably do with at least one shade darker in either neutral and cool too). You know, because some of us are actually *almost literally black* and *almost literally white*, and we generally tend to be on the more on the pinkish/ blue side than the orange/ tan side.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by HES

Like this powder/foundation. I use it when I want to go a little lighter with my makeup. A good variety of shades and provides good coverage. You can apply it with a dry sponge for light coverage or dampen your sponge first for a more opaque finish. Make sure you moisturize and prime well before using.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by amymont

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Porcelain Doll based on reviews here on MUA. I was aware it could be a tad too yellow. When I tried it I found I really liked it. I haven't used a powder foundation before as I usually wear liquids. I wanted to try this for use when in a hurry or for a natural look for less formal days. I applied it with the Ecotools powder brush (telescopic) but didn't open the brush much so the surface would be firmer. I opened up the brush afterwards to buff the makeup slightly. It goes on really quickly and looks very natural. The shade is a tad too yellow but not much. (I'm an NC 15 - 20 for reference, neutral tone with no pink, leaning towards yellow undertone). Porcelain Doll adds a subtle warmth to my complexion and I can see this being good for summertime for that added warmth, as I don't ever let my face get tan. I will try Fair Maiden next as another reviewer mentioned it is slighly more neutral than Porcelain Doll but I can see myself repurchasing Porcelain Doll and I imagine I may use both in the future. Applied lightly it looks natural. I haven't tried heavy coverage with it but I imagine it would also look nice. Very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Sarahalwan

Fantastic because my skin looks flawless from afar. The only trouble is is does not keep oil at bay so when you touch up certain areas it starts looking really cakey because its very heavily pigmented. So close up I felt very conscious people could see just how much make up it looked like I was wearing. I must say wearing this over concealer and a liquid foundation will be too heavy..which is sad for me because now I don't know how to get around that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by chrissypoo327

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this with an order for other products. It's hard to pick the right color, and the one I chose was too dark and a tad orangey ... I believe it was "Buff" which I chose because that shade in other brands always is a no-brainer for my lightish-medium skin. However, I tried it just to see if it even warranted getting in a more suitable color. I think this would work for oily and combination skin ... dry skin might require a good moisturizer underneath. The finish was very, very nice ... filled in pores and gave a really flawless look. My skin is not too bad, a tad blotchy, visible pores on the cheeks next to my nose, and a few broken capillaries. I'm combo in summer and getting drier every year in the winter. It did not seem to accentuate fine lines that are really almost wrinkles by my mouth/chin area, which is very important to me. I think I will be trying samples of more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

really LOVED it at first. it really does give you PERFECT healthy, airbrushed looking skin but for me, only for an hour at most. Doesn't keep the oil at bay at all! Looks even better with wet sponge but the problem with oilyness remains. for refrence, i'm lighter than NW15 and FAIR MAIDEN was a bit dark and maybe to yellow on me. This would be such a perfect powder for someone with normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by BizzyBunny

my hg powder. the coverage, performance and price. Im fair and when I want to look amazing I wear this ontop the HD creme foundation. I always get compliments on my skin wearing this....if they only knew..lol