October 24, 2014 | 1060 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by hippiechique

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this brand but DID NOT for the following reasons:

I saw no improvement in my skin after 2 months of use.

There are no independent studies proving that ANY of the ingredients have anti-aging properties.

The ingredients are all "derived" from nature but have undergone tons of chemical processing and cannot be considered natural anymore. (Everything on the planet is loosely "derived" from nature!) Ex. Superoxide dismutase??? Haven't seen one of those trees...

It stinks.

I's expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by bobbiek

I went to a spa to have a facial done. They used the Tata products and then convinced me to buy $600 worth of the Elixir Vitae and the Restorative Eye Cream. I have used both products twice a day for over two months now, and there is absolutely no change to my skin. I am so disappointed that I may never go back to the spa again, but mainly, I will never buy any Tata products ever again. They are a major rip-off. The eye cream smells good, but the skin cream stinks and sticks. I always have to wash my hands after using it. It is especially insulting to have paid the high price and then know that I was stupid enough to fall for their promises.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jacquelina23

I am an esthetician and was lucky to try the whole Tata Harper line before purchasing anything. While impressed with their natural/organic/vegan/anti-aging concept with not a single drop of synthetic chemicals whatsoever, I find the fragrance in many of their products overpowering. Most of the products use chamomile, frankincense, neroli, geranium - for me it's an unpleasant smell and caused me a migraine. I didn't find that this serum did anything to enhance my skin, nor make it break out or cause any damage, so I guess I feel neutral about it but would I purchase it? I think their newer serums are much better that just launched, the elixir vitae is much better in my opinion, it has plumping action and Spanish lavender offers a natural botox effect ($365)

Having said that, there are some great TH products that are worth the money - what I WILL be purchasing is the cleanser (bergamot, pomegranate, grapefruit, neroli, pink French clay), exfoliant (has exact same ingredients as the cleanser but with ground apricot seed), mask is incredibly refreshing (pink French clay provides beautiful detox, pomegranate, tangerine, chamomile), body oil (Vitamins A-E plus omega 3 and lipids). Cleanser, exfoliant and mask smell amazing and will leave your skin fresh and glowing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by PrimroseHill

I have used 2 travel-sized containers of this serum and I'm half-way through the bottle of the regular-sized, and I see no difference. When I used the travel kit, I thought I could see a difference in the size of my pores, but since buying the whole line I have to say that nothing has changed. This serum didn't make my face break out, and didn't make it dry, but it didn't make it look any better, younger or more radiant.

There's no reviews out for the Tata Eye Cream, but trust me and don't buy it. For $90 it GAVE me wrinkles, and dried out the skin under my right eye so badly I couldn't even wear makeup. I had pink flaky wrinkly skin under my eye and I've never had that before in my life. Terrible stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, not so impressive for that price. It is a nice lotion (although it is called serum?) with a lovely herbal scent. I personally like the scent; for some people, the scent could be too strong and headache-inducing. Upon application, it makes your skin very soft. It is not that moisturizing; at least it did not heal my dry patches on cheeks. Overall, it is a nice product. But! After a few weeks of using it twice per day I have not noticed any drastic change regarding my skin. I have the same effect (smoothing) using my own oil blend (rose hip, jojoba...), or with an organic face cream that cost me $30.00 USD. If you do not mind paying for a nice product doing nothing special, you would probably love this lotion. If you mind, skip it. Besides, there are no published double-blinded scientific studies that could prove what Tata Harper claims. So, no scientific data that support "anti-aging" properties of her ingredients.

Bottom line: I would not purchase it again.

I hope this helps!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by calleyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There should be a "hell no" option under "would you buy this product again?"

Honestly, I think this is the worst skincare brand out there. Go buy yourself some Duchess Marden, Nuxe, Decleor or Sundari. This gave me wrinkles where I previously had none while simultaneously making me break out. Save your money.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by marba1

Just another crap brand and product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is much better than the cleanser but still a few too many 'derived from' ingredients which leads me to ask yet again, just how much processing has gone into producing these ingredients and just how far removed from 'natural' are they?
However, it did the job. It is more like a cream than a serum but does absorb pretty quickly which makes it good for applying makeup. And it hydrates, so my little dry patches don't flake. I would use it as a moisturiser rather than a serum per se.
Overall a good product which leaves my skin soft and hydrated.
Not sure it justifies the price point though - I'd prefer to spend my money on Olio Lusso.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lillamyspysen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this serum! I live in northern Europe with a cold winter and warmer summers. It`s more like a lotion but it sinks in rather fast and I layer it with replenishing nutrient complex for best results on my skin. i have normal skin that tends to be dry. My problem is hyperpigmentation. Although it doesn`t work specific on that I do think that the glow my skin gets from this serum helps to eaven out my complexion. The smell is lovely but strong. Overall it leaves my skin with a nice glow, it eavens out my skintone, it keeps my skin moisturised and it works well with makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Nada12

I like the natural aspect of this serum. But that's about it. First of all the texture is more cream than serum like but it sinks in. So on my normal to dry skin I need to use a cream on top as this isn't enough on it's own but I find it somewhat too rich for a serum. The smell is heavy and very overpowering. The packaging looks very green and cheap. The price is hefty and you need to use it within 4 months as there are no preservatives in there. The ingredients are said to be antiaging (jasmin, everlasting, date etc) but I don't think there's any independent research proving that.