December 18, 2014 | 1163 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Arcane Magic eyeshadow in Evocation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- originally this had 5 lippies. The reformulated version is ugly to me. A dark, dull, purplish-grey taupe (like a bruise) with random specks of glitter. It is very different to the old version. They don't look at all similar. I hate the new version but have left it at three lippies because someone ele may prefer this? Dunno who. Someone with bad taste. The old version applies better too, smoothly, whereas this one is a bit of a horror to apply evenly. I did swatches of the two in my profile and you can make out the textural difference without a magnifying monocle or squinting... AnOther MUAer swatched the old version for me, and posted pics on the board, and her swatches came out exactly like mine...i.e. Way better and brighter, more glowing, and smoother, than the new version. And I emailed Fyr about it and this is apparently how it's gonna stay. Dull and ugly.

A sweet, pale, silvery taupe, with a gentle, barely-there, lavender/pale green "colour shift" (more of a gleam than a full-on obvious shift). I recommend this to whoever wants a soft colour, that is more of a highlight on the lid than a darker taupe would be.
It's a perfect neutral! I paired it today with Mac Patina in the crease and a soft black eyeshadow as "eyeliner"--match made in heaven, it looked soft and defined without being harsh.
I'm hardly seen without dark smokey eyes--even in the daytime--but this will DEFINITELY be my new go-to, everyday look. I was so happy with the look, I went right away to MUA to post this review (and record the e/s combo).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My NEW HG for taupe! as the previous reviewer said so eloquently this does NOT look like it does on the website you definitely need to go by their description. Its times like these I wish I had a GOOD camera to try to capture this. I am going to order 2 backups of this because this will be my everyday work goto along with the Species color in my crease. I will admit, I am a Fyrinnae hoor and I am ok with this but if you LOVE taupe you should find this extremely <3 worthy. And for the cost of a sample (2 freakin BUCKS!) you can take a chance to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Evocation is an ash grey in the pot, but on the skin it is a soft taupe with cocoa pink undertones, and the famous Arcane Magic color shift, in this case a shimmer that shifts from green to a pinky lavender. It sounds like a lot going on, but the overall effect is that of a soft, cool-leaning (but not too cool) taupe, but so lovely and complex that taupe-fiends might come up to you in public and say "where in hell did you get that?!" (this actually happened to me.) The picture on the website makes it look somewhat golden/warm-leaning which it is not at all... their text description is far more accurate than the picture (sorry Fyrinnae guys, I know it's hard to photograph the Arcane Magic line). This is complex enough that you can wear it on its own, lid and crease, for a simple look.. but it does play well with others, particularly soft, cool-leaning colors. it looks really great with a plum liquid liner like Urban Decay's Roach. Another smashing neutral/taupe from Fyrinnae.