July 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Styling Products - Redken - wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pretty much don't use high-end hair products any longer, due to budget constraints, but this is the exception - I can't believe I haven't seen any reviews here (or anywhere else) on what a great product this is for finishing a beachy/scrunchy look. My hairdresser recently turned me on to this, and used it after using a finger-style diffuser on my hair. It definitely takes out any of that "frizzy" look that invariably happens after scrunch-drying with a blow dryer, and adds some volume as well. I do finish with a high-hold aerosol hairspray afterward, but this product definitely gives a more finished look while still being fun and texturized. After you're done scrunch blow-drying, spray some of this lightly thru your hair, and scrunch again with your fingers. Then finish with hairspray. Oh, and I definitely like this waaaaay better than the Paul Mitchell Spray Wax I had on hand...this isn't as heavy and hold my curl and volume better throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jlatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just can't get past the smell. It's horrible. I had to wash my hair part way through the day to get the smell out. My hairdresser assured me the smell would go away after it was sprayed in my hair, so maybe it was stuck in my nose or something. I am very finicky about smells though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have long, fine, curly hair. My haircut is long, blended layers, with face framing layers and long side-swept bangs. I have always been on the hunt for a product that would help define my curls without the stickiness given by other products, such as gel, mousse, and regular pomade/wax. I still use some leave-in conditioner, mousse, and a little hairspray (because otherwise I'm a frizz ball), but this helps me use less of the other sticky-inducing products. Because of the texturizing from this product, I also get a little bit of volume, which is nice. I like the volumized, natural curly look. I will definitely be buying this again....new staple hair care product!

EDIT: I had to come back and agree with people commenting on the scent. Although I don't hate the actual scent, it is so overpowering, that it lingers ALL day and I even feel like there is no point to wearing perfume because it is undetectable in comparison to this. I decided to try the KMS spray wax, which I will be reviewing soon. Sneak peek: WAY better scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

My hair stylist turned me on to this product. I love it. I like the 'choppy' affect it gives me short hair. It has a bit of hair spray in it but it's a very light hold, which is ok because I don't use it for the hold but the chunky affect. I wish the can was bigger but oh well. I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Kari1

I said I would buy this again, but I haven't purchased it quite yet...but I would. My hair stylist use this on me, and I have to say that it does deliver the finished look of a wax/pomade, etc. with the hold of a light hairspray, without any crunchiness at all. Yes, I do believe that it doesn't have the hold on it's own to last "all" day without some hairspray, but my short hairstyle still has separation, volume, and texture several hours later, and is very soft! I think the price is a little high for the amount, and as you spray it seems like quite a bit comes out. It's one of those things where I think you may end up using more of the product than you thought, so I can see the bottle emptying fairly quickly! But, this is just my thinking from the beginning only. I personally liked this product, but styling products are different for everyone....I say give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Great smell. Nifty seeming product which is misted on hair to add texture and some 'choppiness'. Very workable. Very expensive, I paid about $17 at the salon. Doesn't hold without being topped off with hairspray. If you have thin, fine hair like mine, skip it and go straight for the hairspray.