April 18, 2014 | 1827 users online

Treatments - Aphogee - Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ThePrettyPinkRanger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually leave this on my head for 5 minutesvit works good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This is the only product out of the Aphogee line that I've tried that I actually really like. It really does work to soften and strengthen the hair. Plus, it has a pleasing smell to it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I used this way back when I was high school and dying my hair numerous shades and it really helped to get my hair in shape. Fast forward 13 years (wow, has it really been that long? lol) and I recently rediscovered this while browsing through Sally's. It still has the same wonderful tropical scent that is a cross between coconut and pineapple to my nose, plus it came in handy now that I am growing out my highlights. I leave it in my hair for the recommended 2 minutes and then rinse. Sometimes I follow with a light conditioner or just apply a leave in after I get out the shower. My hair always looks and feels healthy and soft and I get nice curl definition. I prefer the two step treatment to this but it is still a great product if you are looking to get some protein into your hair. I would not use this everyday but once a week if you have extremely damaged hair or you color treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pnktiger09

So I've been trying to get my hair healthy since around 2010. This product has been with me this entire time! I use to have the shampoo, green tea leave in, and leave in from this line but I've faded those products out now that my hair isn't as damaged as before. I will use this product as recommended (2 minutes then wash out and proceed to deep conditioning), or back in the day I would use it as my deep conditioner for about 45min (I don't do this anymore, my hair never broke off but I think it needed it back then), or sometimes I will mix it with my Lekair Cholestorol and prepoo with them overnight (my protein treatment that always makes my hair bounce back!)
This product smells like coconut but doesn't really last in my hair, but it smells good! The consistency is creamy and nice and it's white. I always give my hair wonderful slip no matter what. I use this product on a need be basis, but I'm sure I could get away with using it everytime I wash my hair (1x a week). I LOVE this product and will always have it in my hair product bin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ceedubbs

I purchased the Aphogee Keratin treatment through Sally's Beauty store and I am pretty impressed.
Years of dying, and after perming then straight perming then dying and dying it - my hair was in a less desirable state. It wasn't so damaged to the point where it was obvious with the naked eye but one touch of my hair and one could see the effects that I made to it. So off I went in search of a product that would bring life back to it. I purchased the Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, Aphogee Protein treatment, Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructer, One N' Only Argan Oil, Hask Macadamia Oil and the Roux 233 Conditioner and Roux Leave In.
Because I was extremely excited to receive my new package from Sally's, I knew I had to try something! I want to trim my hair before I use the protein treatment, so I figured lets do the Keratin treatment and see what happens. I shampooed using the Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair and followed up with the Intensive Keratin treatment. It says to towel dry hair but I aint got time for dat, so i just massaged it into my strands. The smell was wonderful! Kind of like coconut milk.. I put a plastic cap that I snagged from a hotel and let that sit for 5 minutes. Climbed back into the shower and washed it out and at this point was hair was feeling stronger and a tad more resilient. I, then, used the balancing moisturizer and let that sit for 3 minutes, washed it out completely and BAM. Hair felt stronger, silkier.. just amazing. I air dried my hair and couldnt stop touching it. Applied some Roux 233 leave in treatment and argan oil to the ends and that was yesterday. My hair is bommm tings. Can't stop touching it. Its as if I trimmed my hair and all the tangled, snaggy ends have disappeared.
If you are considering purchasing this product-please do so. You wont be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Shiahyr

Love this product! I am middle eastern and have Japanese straightened hair which is pretty long, so my ends are damaged and dry.. I blow dry or curl my hair almost every day so you could imagine the damage I have at my ends. I used the two step protein treatment first and after couple of uses decided to try the two minute reconstructor. I found that it makes my hair much stronger and gives it shine, not a crazy shine (which you can get with oil masks) but a subtle shine. My hair responds well to protein so this treatment is pretty good. I use it twice a week and I think it may be too much, so I will probably buy a repair mask to alternate with this product (and use it once a week). I put this product on wet hair in the shower and live it in my hair for 5-7 minutes, although I know it says only 2 to 5 minutes (5 minutes if you have very damaged hair), but I feel that this amount of time is fine for me, and I don't experience my hair being over-dried because of it. After 5-7 minutes I put the macademia oil mask to provide hydration to my hair after this protein treatment, because protein can be somewhat drying. Overall, I am very happy with this product and will repurchase. The price is awesome too! Thanks Aphogee!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Great value for the difference this has made to my hair after just one application. I have fine, thinning hair which has suffered damage from repeated home colouring. I am avoiding ammonia now and trying to mend my ways ... I normally use Philip Kingsley Elasticizer on a weekly basis but I need something more intensive while my hair recovers. I used the 2 minute treatment just this morning, after using my usual organic shampoo, leaving it on for 2 minutes and covering with a warm towel. I didn't follow up with my regular organic conditioner as I feel the two combined would have weighed down my fine, oily yet slightly frazzled hair. The end result is gorgeously shiny hair that looks in fantastic condition. I am totally sold on this as a weekly treatment. UPDATE: Still using this every week five months on and it is definitely HG stuff. It doesn't add body but gives my hair a sleek look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I forgot to add- use a light conditioner after using this product. It is a protein treatment and therefore needs to be balanced out with a conditioner afterwards. This fixes the issue of the hair feeling dry or brittle after use, like a lot of commenters complained about.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

5 lipsticks all round for me and this is why...
I really couldn't justify spending high for Kerastase even though the range has rave reviews. Im so glad I chose Aphogee
This product is truly excellent. Its extremely moisturising and a fast worker. y'see folks I don't have afro hair, but what I do have is caucasian long fine hair #3 on the natural colour lifted to #8 Ash blonde via 40 vol YIKES i hear you cry! Yup. I think straw is a good word.
After reading reviews, it seemed the main feedback from this product was 'softness' and 'repair' I can confirm yes to both. So my once a week routine is the aphogee shampoo, followed by this, then the aphogee gloss spray which is also amazing. The price is great for such generous bottles I did try after this conditioner, the aphogee keratin & green tea spray, but it seem to dry my hair a little. Although I dont think this product give glass like shine, the gloss therapy hair polisher does!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by jenakaminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to go blonde (natural brunette/level 5-6 with golden/red undertones), so I had it done in phases, but due to my previous colorings, it was very golden and too warm for my liking. Having little funds to keep getting it done, I made the mistake of listening to someone who suggested an all over high lift blonde to get where I wanted, and that my hair was strong enough to do it. I used a High Lift Natural Blonde. It did make the highlighted sections a shade I was happy with (a very pale blond), but still a warm gold on the base areas. But the bad part was my hair got very cotton candy in texture.
I went to Sally's, and I asked about the Aphogee 2 part reconstructor. I was discouraged from using the two step process, because I was told my hair didn't appear to be that damaged. I was shown the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, and as an alternative, the Hask Placenta and Olive Oil treatment packet.
I don't want to completely put this Aphogee product down, but I feel the same as a few other people on here; it felt and looked like it made my hair worse; frizzy and drier to me than when I put it on? I wish I had used the 2 part instead, so I can say I wouldn't use this particular product again.