October 2, 2014 | 951 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Ever since I figured out how much my hair loves protein I have been golden. So I've been trying the various protein conditioners that the market offers. Tried this for the first time last week (I wash my AA hair weekly) and I was left with soft, coconut scented curls. Seriously, this gave me just enough strength but without any brittleness. I will be using this for the next several weeks as I need to do some repairing for the intense heat I have been applying to my hair. I highly recommend this, though and will certainly be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up sample pack of this to try. I wanted a good protein treatment on my fine, wavy/curly hair in the hopes that a solid dose of protein would help my hair curly up more.

This did not do it. After using the treatment my hair is overly soft and kind of limp. I think this would work better for someone with straight hair. I will stick with Joico K-Pak instead for protein treatments or the GVP version, which I still like better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by shooootor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted a good protein treatment for when my protien thirsty hair needs a protien fix. This fits it perfectly. And much cheaper than 30 dollars I spent on aveda damage remedy or joico k pak.. And aphogee works better anyway. Soft shiny hair. Will be using this from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently had my hair bleached at the salon....went from dyed black to a light copper ombre - so obviously there was a bit of damage (not much though surprisingly). My hair is fine and straight with a bit of a wave for reference. Oily with dry-ish ends. I heat style as well.

This product is great. Makes my somewhere fragile bleached hair strong and has helped with some damage. I use it once a week and then condition afterwards. This is a protein treatment so most people will need to condition after. My hair LOVES protein! YMMV though as some hair hates protein, so it may not work for your hair. You can buy a sample pack at Sally's if your not sure. The full size bottle is cheap. If your hair feels dry and/or brittle after (which is not uncommon with any protein treatment), you need to deep condition afterwards.

Of course nothing truly heals damaged hair, but this certainly helps keep it strong.

The product smells good, is very easy to work through your hair, didn't bother my scalp any.

I wash as normal, towel dry my hair, put a generous amount in my hair and scalp, wait a couple minutes (2-5 depending on how my hair feels that day), wash out and again, depending on my hair's condition, I either use a deep conditioner or a spray in conditioner (usually Aussie), dry my hair and style.

Highly recommend for protein starved hair :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I finished the bottle and I'm going to repurchase today. I usually use the Aphogee 2 step treatment but now that my hair is not that damaged anymore I use this one a week and I'm pleased with the results. Leaves my hair smooth, shiny, soft and easy to comb thru...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ThePrettyPinkRanger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually leave this on my head for 5 minutesvit works good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This is the only product out of the Aphogee line that I've tried that I actually really like. It really does work to soften and strengthen the hair. Plus, it has a pleasing smell to it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this way back when I was high school and dying my hair numerous shades and it really helped to get my hair in shape. Fast forward 13 years (wow, has it really been that long? lol) and I recently rediscovered this while browsing through Sally's. It still has the same wonderful tropical scent that is a cross between coconut and pineapple to my nose, plus it came in handy now that I am growing out my highlights. I leave it in my hair for the recommended 2 minutes and then rinse. Sometimes I follow with a light conditioner or just apply a leave in after I get out the shower. My hair always looks and feels healthy and soft and I get nice curl definition. I prefer the two step treatment to this but it is still a great product if you are looking to get some protein into your hair. I would not use this everyday but once a week if you have extremely damaged hair or you color treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pnktiger09

So I've been trying to get my hair healthy since around 2010. This product has been with me this entire time! I use to have the shampoo, green tea leave in, and leave in from this line but I've faded those products out now that my hair isn't as damaged as before. I will use this product as recommended (2 minutes then wash out and proceed to deep conditioning), or back in the day I would use it as my deep conditioner for about 45min (I don't do this anymore, my hair never broke off but I think it needed it back then), or sometimes I will mix it with my Lekair Cholestorol and prepoo with them overnight (my protein treatment that always makes my hair bounce back!)
This product smells like coconut but doesn't really last in my hair, but it smells good! The consistency is creamy and nice and it's white. I always give my hair wonderful slip no matter what. I use this product on a need be basis, but I'm sure I could get away with using it everytime I wash my hair (1x a week). I LOVE this product and will always have it in my hair product bin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ceedubbs

I purchased the Aphogee Keratin treatment through Sally's Beauty store and I am pretty impressed.
Years of dying, and after perming then straight perming then dying and dying it - my hair was in a less desirable state. It wasn't so damaged to the point where it was obvious with the naked eye but one touch of my hair and one could see the effects that I made to it. So off I went in search of a product that would bring life back to it. I purchased the Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, Aphogee Protein treatment, Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructer, One N' Only Argan Oil, Hask Macadamia Oil and the Roux 233 Conditioner and Roux Leave In.
Because I was extremely excited to receive my new package from Sally's, I knew I had to try something! I want to trim my hair before I use the protein treatment, so I figured lets do the Keratin treatment and see what happens. I shampooed using the Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair and followed up with the Intensive Keratin treatment. It says to towel dry hair but I aint got time for dat, so i just massaged it into my strands. The smell was wonderful! Kind of like coconut milk.. I put a plastic cap that I snagged from a hotel and let that sit for 5 minutes. Climbed back into the shower and washed it out and at this point was hair was feeling stronger and a tad more resilient. I, then, used the balancing moisturizer and let that sit for 3 minutes, washed it out completely and BAM. Hair felt stronger, silkier.. just amazing. I air dried my hair and couldnt stop touching it. Applied some Roux 233 leave in treatment and argan oil to the ends and that was yesterday. My hair is bommm tings. Can't stop touching it. Its as if I trimmed my hair and all the tangled, snaggy ends have disappeared.
If you are considering purchasing this product-please do so. You wont be disappointed.