Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

4.2

on 4/1/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the keratin treatment that better suits my hair needs, not to heavy, easy to use
definetly i will make a comitment with this product

on 1/16/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS and have already recommended it to at least 3 or 4 friends. I'll be forever loyal to this product. I have a LOT of fine-textured shoulder-length medium/dark blonde hair that I used to have professionally highlighted regularly, but had taken a break from it for the past year trying to let my hair repair from the bleaching damage. I LOVE blonde and healthy hair...I HATE that damaged look and feel. Well, the day after Christmas, feeling very one-toned overall dark-haired, and I also had a little bit of "ugly-itis" going on, I couldn't take not feeling like "me" and blonde again, so I went right in and had a full head of foil highlights done. Ahhh, I LOVE the color and I'm blonde and feel like "me" again, but as my hairdresser was blow-drying my hair I started noticing all these teeny tiny little platinum blonde pieces of hair falling all over the dark cape. Like, a lot! I FREAKED out. My hair has always been my best feature and it was like, disintigrating and breaking off all over me! I am really blessed because I actually have really good hair, and I love it and get lots of compliments on it all the time, so I really was FREAKING OUT, lol! I went nearly sobbing onto the hair board here and some lovely knowledgeable ladies there recommended the ApHogee 2 step process, this product, BTZ Smooth Criminal products, GVP Conditioning Balm, and a good heat protector. I was really scared of the 2 step, and I bought a packet of it Sally's, but I was too afraid to use it. I had also bought this product and started using this one right away. A good, gentle shampoo (Redken All-Soft) and this product left on for about 5-10 or so minutes in the shower (no towel or cap, just worked through and then clipped up while I finished my shower). I followed it with the GVP Conditioning Balm (LOVE). Towel dried. Sprayed on the ApHogee green tea spray and also the BTZ Smooth Criminal Primer (I adore BOTH products, btw) and blow dried. I did that ONE TIME and the breakage STOPPED. NO MORE BREAKAGE. So...I did that exact routine for about a solid week (I wash my hair every day). I've now started to feel my hair getting a little bit dryish so I've backed off this particular product to twice a week - don't want to overdo on the protein. My hair feels and looks SO much better and is not breaking off, the split ends look/feel better, my wet & dry tangle issue is MUCH better, and my hair looks and feels so much shinier and healthier overall. This is AWESOME because I don't want to stop being blonder, but I HATE the damage, and was seriously considering stopping the highlights and trying to get used to being a non-blonde because I hate the ratty-looking/feeling hair so much. With this product (which I think is the one that is making the MOST difference) and the others, I don't have to!!! SO happy to have heard of it and I will keep buying this forever. I also found some other truly amazing products at Sally's, which have absolutely and totally turned me around from my "expensive hair products are the only thing I will use on my precious hair" snobbiness! :) This girl got herself a Sally card! The whole ApHogee line is really good and I love the green tea spray too. Will absolutely repurchase...regularly and forever!

on 1/13/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is a great, inexpensive protein treatment and an absolute MUST if your hair is damaged in any way (heat, dye, bleach, etc). it's also great if you have curly/wavy hair that's lost its definition for one reason or another. follow the instructions on the packaging (2 to 5 minutes tops, then rise) and you'll be golden. i use this once a week on a wash day after shampooing, and i always follow it up with a hydrating deep conditioner or mask -- protein-based products will make your hair stronger but they will also dry it out.

on 9/27/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Ever since I figured out how much my hair loves protein I have been golden. So I've been trying the various protein conditioners that the market offers. Tried this for the first time last week (I wash my AA hair weekly) and I was left with soft, coconut scented curls. Seriously, this gave me just enough strength but without any brittleness. I will be using this for the next several weeks as I need to do some repairing for the intense heat I have been applying to my hair. I highly recommend this, though and will certainly be repurchasing.

on 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I picked up sample pack of this to try. I wanted a good protein treatment on my fine, wavy/curly hair in the hopes that a solid dose of protein would help my hair curly up more.

This did not do it. After using the treatment my hair is overly soft and kind of limp. I think this would work better for someone with straight hair. I will stick with Joico K-Pak instead for protein treatments or the GVP version, which I still like better than this.

on 6/20/2014 10:24:00 PM

Wanted a good protein treatment for when my protien thirsty hair needs a protien fix. This fits it perfectly. And much cheaper than 30 dollars I spent on aveda damage remedy or joico k pak.. And aphogee works better anyway. Soft shiny hair. Will be using this from now on!

on 6/20/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently had my hair bleached at the salon....went from dyed black to a light copper ombre - so obviously there was a bit of damage (not much though surprisingly). My hair is fine and straight with a bit of a wave for reference. Oily with dry-ish ends. I heat style as well.

This product is great. Makes my somewhere fragile bleached hair strong and has helped with some damage. I use it once a week and then condition afterwards. This is a protein treatment so most people will need to condition after. My hair LOVES protein! YMMV though as some hair hates protein, so it may not work for your hair. You can buy a sample pack at Sally's if your not sure. The full size bottle is cheap. If your hair feels dry and/or brittle after (which is not uncommon with any protein treatment), you need to deep condition afterwards.

Of course nothing truly heals damaged hair, but this certainly helps keep it strong.

The product smells good, is very easy to work through your hair, didn't bother my scalp any.

I wash as normal, towel dry my hair, put a generous amount in my hair and scalp, wait a couple minutes (2-5 depending on how my hair feels that day), wash out and again, depending on my hair's condition, I either use a deep conditioner or a spray in conditioner (usually Aussie), dry my hair and style.

Highly recommend for protein starved hair :)

on 6/11/2014 2:15:00 PM

I finished the bottle and I'm going to repurchase today. I usually use the Aphogee 2 step treatment but now that my hair is not that damaged anymore I use this one a week and I'm pleased with the results. Leaves my hair smooth, shiny, soft and easy to comb thru...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I actually leave this on my head for 5 minutesvit works good.

on 2/8/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only product out of the Aphogee line that I've tried that I actually really like. It really does work to soften and strengthen the hair. Plus, it has a pleasing smell to it too.