October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - The Black Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back when it was being clearanced out from the Urban Decay website for $16. I almost didn't buy it because of the bad reviews, but I'm so glad I did. I wear black eyeshadow at the outer corners of my eyes at least 3 times a week and will do a dark smoky eye occasionally. The quality of these eyeshadows is awesome. They are extremely dark, but have zero fallout! I like Black Dog even better than the Urban Decay Perversion eyeshadow single I own. The other shades do look a lot darker once applied to my eyes than you'd expect from looking at them in the pan, so I can understand some people's disappointment. However, I wanted to mention that I used this palette on a friend that has dark skin and the colors showed up more true to pan on her. I wish I had purchased a backup of this when it was still available.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by JustForKicks95

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is just okay . It's pretty decent if you want something for dramatic smokey eyes, but you'd be better off buying a palette with a wider range of colours that includes a few darker colours than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Wickedwaste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I honestly love this!! A lot of people are saying that the colors are too close to each other.. but was that not the point? It is called the Black palette for a reason. I use any of the colors with S&M to make an awesome smoky eye look. The shadows are an awesome texture as always with UD.
I will say I can not wear the eyeliner on my waterline... they irritate my eyes terribly. =(
I really can not say anything bad about this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by opheliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh ho... I purchased this on a whim in a store when I was visiting London. The conversion rate killed me but I was so greedy I had to have it.

The colors are fantastic, I use it with a primer. Any will do. I've had UD Primer Potion, the Benefit blue tube one (Shadow Insurance? I can't remember, too lazy to check) and even the NYX primer in a balm tub. They're all great.

They're perfect for a night on the town (do people still say that anymore?) or just to vamp up your pretty eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this and immediately wanted it. I really love the darker shades and find that as I explore doing my make-up more and more that I really love the dark and smokey eye looks. I mainly do make-up for my self portraits, not so much to wear out or for other photo shoots.

So far I have only used the Libertine (the green one). The color is quite interesting because it is a black, but does have a subtle green shimmer in photos, and it is quite striking in person. I do kind of wish the green were a bit more apparent in photos, but at the same time I like the fact that it is a black with a bit of color to it.

The texture is a bit dryer than my other higher quality palette (Kat Von D), but it still goes on nicely and that was not a lot of fallout.

I will include more details as I use the other colors a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette while it was on a clearance sale, like 12 dollars or so? Obviously, this palette is a steal for 12 dollars.
I'm not much of a dark color person, but if I ever feel the need to use dark colors I will definitely go to this palette!
As always, UD has outstanding shadows.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried so hard to like this palette. I used multiple primers (UD, NARS, Fyrinnae PE) and it still looks like different shades of black, nothing like the intense colors in the pan. The worse parts is there i couldn't even blend it because then it just looked like a bunch of black on my lids. I don't like having to put this much work into a product for such little payoff

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

Currently. my favourite palette! I am a fan of dark eyeshadow colors and this black palette has the basic colors.
The amazing part of this palette is that, the more you blend the eyeshadow, it become darker and darker which resembles black eyeshadow but you still see hints of the actual colors like Barracuda which is silvery grey.
The color texture is good, easy to blend, intense color and long lasting! You just need to apply 1 or 2 layers to get the look!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by carrietutorials

I bought this palette a while ago, and the tester i tried had far more colours true to the oan than the version i took home,which irritated me.
I wish I had bought the Ammo palette instead, as the shadows are all really pigmented and easy to blend,but once you actually blend them you cannot see the seperate colours very well,and they all just look blacky-grey.
Very disappointed in this product.Nice pigmented colours though,with easy blending and good for a smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooo fond of this palette ! Finally I can create a smokey eye look without looking like I have blackeyed. I am really impress on how this blends well with my skintone (NC40), I can used one color alone and it still delivers a very impressive smokey eye look. when mixed and blend with the other colors it adds more dimension, more depth and really emphasized beautifully my brown eyes. Just perfect !