October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Love, Chloé

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by stls

Love Chloe is a simply structured fragrance and easier to wear than I thought. Starts quite fresh with a burst of moist lilacs and the sweetness of orange blossom. Then it becomes increasingly powdery until the creamy drydown.

I expected to get bored with the overload of powder pretty soon but the fresh/green opening keeps it interesting. Has good sillage for the first few hours and lasts 8+ hours.

It really smells like loose makeup powder after the top notes fade and I find it quite comforting, would never be inappropriate. It is compared with Pour Femme by Bvlgari but although they are both powdery florals I don't agree; Love is less romantic, more dense and potent. Would wear it when in the mood for an effortlessly feminine perfume with a touch of glam that doesn't try to impress.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Thrillmore1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Chloe seems to have become my favourite brand when it comes to fragrance. This was another home run for me. Soft and powdery. I was surprised to like this as much as I did considering I am not a powdery smell fan but man, something about the way this smells on me makes me feel elegant regardless of what outfit I have on. Not for the faint of heart as this can be a bit much so you have to spray with a light hand but the scent has lasted a fair amount of time on me. Just a beautiful scent that I feel alot of women would feel luxurious in, regardless of age. Very timeless. The price was a tad steep but considering how long a bottle will last, its worth the splurge. The bottle is also very elegant looking and would look nice on anyone's vanity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I actually do like Love, Chloe, it still isn't the fragrance I expected or was looking for. It features many of my favorite notes: lilac, violet /iris (it smells much more like violet than iris TMN), the fresh rose quality of pink pepper; slight greenness from hyacinth; the spice & lilacs quality of wisteria; and the almond-like quality of heliotrope. The combination of rice and powdery notes do add softness to it but be that as it may, this fragrance is still a POWERHOUSE.

It is intense (I cannot imagine the scent of, as well as the need for, the "intense" version of Love, Chloe), sweet (though not candy-like in its sweetness), musky, heavy and warm. What I remembered it smelling like (when I had what must have been a watered down sample, years ago) was a clean but delicate floral powderpuff-like scent. A softly scented powder of days gone by when a woman might pat it on daintily after a leisurely bath and drying with a big fluffy towel.

A fresher scent would have been nice, as well -- soft & breezy with tender blossom and hints of their green leaves and stems.

As I said, I do like it, but it does pack quite a punch. I'm thinkng that it might make a much better springtime scent / early fall, spray-and-walk-into-the-mist type of fragrance (so it is more diffused over the body). I can see how after doing that if, you then catch the scent of it on a passing breeze, it would be heavenly to smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I'm one of those people that this fragrance just doesn't like. I received a sample of this and really wanted to like it. The descriptions I had read sounded great. But on me, this is very screechy from start to finish. It never develops into anything different during the dry-down, it simply softens very, very slightly. The softening is not enough to make it tolerable for me to wear, though. Interestingly, while it overpowers me all day long, I don't think anyone else can smell it - no one around me commented on it. Maybe it's my chemistry, but this was a definite no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by xrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had two samples of this perfum...I like it so much,it has a very sweet scent.But I have not buy it yet because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

I received this scent in a sample size bottle I tested it twice and loved it. The scent is just so powdery and very unique. I decided to hunt it down since is hard to find. I got it at Sephora and it was pretty pricey but I decided to get it. I love it so very much, every time I wear it I get compliments on how soft is and how wonderful the smell is. Wow I just think this is one of my all time favorites.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read some of these reviews & think there can be no way I have used the same product. Perhaps it is an issue of chemistry, I do think it smells rather pleasant when I sniff the cap, but upon application it goes all wrong on me. It smells like very potent insect repellant on me & something in there gave me a headache at the base of my skull & up behind my eyes at the same time. I get no flowers or powder & it didn't improve on the dry down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I do like the dry down. Love chloe has a interesting range of purple flowers. as notes including one of my favorite wisteria flower. Love chloe perfume smells similar to Sensuous by Estee Lauder perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Love, Chloe is like a powdery musky rosy-beige "nude" perfume. Like the face on a cameo. It's a neutral warm powdered scent (same family as Sensuous Nude, Rihanna Nude, JLo Glow, Lacoste Pour Femme, SLP Lovely).

Yet it's a powder I feel like I can almost bite into. Does that make any sense? Like the scent has been compacted into a chew, and I can almost bite into it.

Love, Chloe has an old-fashioned feel to it, like the scent of retro make-up. The scent of lipstick, foundation, and loose face powder all rolled into one -- plus a soft dusty rose. It's demur and ladylike -- Rose from Titanic could wear this -- or Esther (played by Judy Garland) in Meet Me In St. Louis.

It's almost like White Shoulders to me (my first perfume love), only featuring a rose heart instead of tuberose.

Do I like it? Yes, very much. For me, it's much easier to enjoy than Chloe EDP 2005, because it has none of that one's sharpness. Love, Chloe, being powdery, is much more soft, smooth, round, & gentle than Chloe EDP. Very pretty scent, "feel-good", calming, comforting, uplifting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Rather bland but pleasant light floral with watery notes, with a faintly powdery vanilla base. Overall nice but nothing new or different in any way. Okay. When sprayed in heavier concentration, it is a stronger Aldehydic orange blossom, like an old-style cologne but without heavieness or formality. Much nicer used with a more lavish hand, and since I abhor heavy perfume use, this is saying somthing. Pretty and easily worn.