April 17, 2014 | 1649 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Love, Chloé

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I actually do like Love, Chloe, it still isn't the fragrance I expected or was looking for. It features many of my favorite notes: lilac, violet /iris (it smells much more like violet than iris TMN), the fresh rose quality of pink pepper; slight greenness from hyacinth; the spice & lilacs quality of wisteria; and the almond-like quality of heliotrope. The combination of rice and powdery notes do add softness to it but be that as it may, this fragrance is still a POWERHOUSE.

It is intense (I cannot imagine the scent of, as well as the need for, the "intense" version of Love, Chloe), sweet (though not candy-like in its sweetness), musky, heavy and warm. What I remembered it smelling like (when I had what must have been a watered down sample, years ago) was a clean but delicate floral powderpuff-like scent. A softly scented powder of days gone by when a woman might pat it on daintily after a leisurely bath and drying with a big fluffy towel.

A fresher scent would have been nice, as well -- soft & breezy with tender blossom and hints of their green leaves and stems.

As I said, I do like it, but it does pack quite a punch. I'm thinkng that it might make a much better springtime scent / early fall, spray-and-walk-into-the-mist type of fragrance (so it is more diffused over the body). I can see how after doing that if, you then catch the scent of it on a passing breeze, it would be heavenly to smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I'm one of those people that this fragrance just doesn't like. I received a sample of this and really wanted to like it. The descriptions I had read sounded great. But on me, this is very screechy from start to finish. It never develops into anything different during the dry-down, it simply softens very, very slightly. The softening is not enough to make it tolerable for me to wear, though. Interestingly, while it overpowers me all day long, I don't think anyone else can smell it - no one around me commented on it. Maybe it's my chemistry, but this was a definite no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by xrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had two samples of this perfum...I like it so much,it has a very sweet scent.But I have not buy it yet because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

I received this scent in a sample size bottle I tested it twice and loved it. The scent is just so powdery and very unique. I decided to hunt it down since is hard to find. I got it at Sephora and it was pretty pricey but I decided to get it. I love it so very much, every time I wear it I get compliments on how soft is and how wonderful the smell is. Wow I just think this is one of my all time favorites.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read some of these reviews & think there can be no way I have used the same product. Perhaps it is an issue of chemistry, I do think it smells rather pleasant when I sniff the cap, but upon application it goes all wrong on me. It smells like very potent insect repellant on me & something in there gave me a headache at the base of my skull & up behind my eyes at the same time. I get no flowers or powder & it didn't improve on the dry down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I do like the dry down. Love chloe has a interesting range of purple flowers. as notes including one of my favorite wisteria flower. Love chloe perfume smells similar to Sensuous by Estee Lauder perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Love, Chloe is like a powdery musky rosy-beige "nude" perfume. Like the face on a cameo. It's a neutral warm powdered scent (same family as Sensuous Nude, Rihanna Nude, JLo Glow, Lacoste Pour Femme, SLP Lovely).

Yet it's a powder I feel like I can almost bite into. Does that make any sense? Like the scent has been compacted into a chew, and I can almost bite into it.

Love, Chloe has an old-fashioned feel to it, like the scent of retro make-up. The scent of lipstick, foundation, and loose face powder all rolled into one -- plus a soft dusty rose. It's demur and ladylike -- Rose from Titanic could wear this -- or Esther (played by Judy Garland) in Meet Me In St. Louis.

It's almost like White Shoulders to me (my first perfume love), only featuring a rose heart instead of tuberose.

Do I like it? Yes, very much. For me, it's much easier to enjoy than Chloe EDP 2005, because it has none of that one's sharpness. Love, Chloe, being powdery, is much more soft, smooth, round, & gentle than Chloe EDP. Very pretty scent, "feel-good", calming, comforting, uplifting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Rather bland but pleasant light floral with watery notes, with a faintly powdery vanilla base. Overall nice but nothing new or different in any way. Okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by raquelo

Love, Chloe.
Chose me.
It's absolutely beautiful. It's powdery, floral, and spicy. But it's sexy, extremely sexy. I think the wearer has to have a weird seductive side yet be innocent at the same time. The shy/confident type. The lover and a fighter.
Men and women alike love this. I'll catch people smelling me. They can never get enough but they can never figure me out. They look at me more confused.
I made a man fall in love with me while wearing this. His face was buried in my neck the entire evening while he promised the world to me.
But more than that, when I wear this, I am so in love with me.
Sadly, the scent doesn't last as long as I hoped. Only a few hours.
The bottle its perfection. A small gold chain connects the caps to the bottle.
When I went to buy another, I attempted to try a new sent, but in the end I realized Love, Chloe was so me. And so gorgeous. So unique. And perfect.
So my relationship with this perfume continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this perfume should get 100%. It's a really feminine and elegant perfume. Perfect for day/night time.I received a few samples and immediately after I smelled it, I know this is it, this is the one. It has been my favorite for years. Out of every perfumes, I chose this. Best perfume everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr