Chloe Love, Chlo

3.6

This perfume does not work on me at all. It smells nice - creamy, powdery, warm - seemingly perfect for an autumn or winter day, non-offensive upon application. Then the dry-down comes and it is stinky musk, but the kind only noticeable up-close, no sillage there. I don't like musk to begin with, but this one is particularly bothersome - I had to go wash it off. Perfumes rarely bother me enough to wash them off. I will give my delightfully adorable mini bottle to someone who will love it more than I,

on 1/13/2015 11:27:00 PM

LOVE ITTTTTT <3

on 12/24/2014 1:36:00 PM

This perfume is repulsive. It smells like a masculine bar soap, not pretty at all. I bought it based on raving reviews and was purely disappointed. In the trash it went.

on 5/24/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love Chloe is a simply structured fragrance and easier to wear than I thought. Starts quite fresh with a burst of moist lilacs and the sweetness of orange blossom. Then it becomes increasingly powdery until the creamy drydown.

I expected to get bored with the overload of powder pretty soon but the fresh/green opening keeps it interesting. Has good sillage for the first few hours and lasts 8+ hours.

It really smells like loose makeup powder after the top notes fade and I find it quite comforting, would never be inappropriate. It is compared with Pour Femme by Bvlgari but although they are both powdery florals I don't agree; Love is less romantic, more dense and potent. Would wear it when in the mood for an effortlessly feminine perfume with a touch of glam that doesn't try to impress.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Chloe seems to have become my favourite brand when it comes to fragrance. This was another home run for me. Soft and powdery. I was surprised to like this as much as I did considering I am not a powdery smell fan but man, something about the way this smells on me makes me feel elegant regardless of what outfit I have on. Not for the faint of heart as this can be a bit much so you have to spray with a light hand but the scent has lasted a fair amount of time on me. Just a beautiful scent that I feel alot of women would feel luxurious in, regardless of age. Very timeless. The price was a tad steep but considering how long a bottle will last, its worth the splurge. The bottle is also very elegant looking and would look nice on anyone's vanity.

on 2/18/2014 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While I actually do like Love, Chloe, it still isn't the fragrance I expected or was looking for. It features many of my favorite notes: lilac, violet /iris (it smells much more like violet than iris TMN), the fresh rose quality of pink pepper; slight greenness from hyacinth; the spice & lilacs quality of wisteria; and the almond-like quality of heliotrope. The combination of rice and powdery notes do add softness to it but be that as it may, this fragrance is still a POWERHOUSE.

It is intense (I cannot imagine the scent of, as well as the need for, the "intense" version of Love, Chloe), sweet (though not candy-like in its sweetness), musky, heavy and warm. What I remembered it smelling like (when I had what must have been a watered down sample, years ago) was a clean but delicate floral powderpuff-like scent. A softly scented powder of days gone by when a woman might pat it on daintily after a leisurely bath and drying with a big fluffy towel.

A fresher scent would have been nice, as well -- soft & breezy with tender blossom and hints of their green leaves and stems.

As I said, I do like it, but it does pack quite a punch. I'm thinkng that it might make a much better springtime scent / early fall, spray-and-walk-into-the-mist type of fragrance (so it is more diffused over the body). I can see how after doing that if, you then catch the scent of it on a passing breeze, it would be heavenly to smell.

on 2/12/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I guess I'm one of those people that this fragrance just doesn't like. I received a sample of this and really wanted to like it. The descriptions I had read sounded great. But on me, this is very screechy from start to finish. It never develops into anything different during the dry-down, it simply softens very, very slightly. The softening is not enough to make it tolerable for me to wear, though. Interestingly, while it overpowers me all day long, I don't think anyone else can smell it - no one around me commented on it. Maybe it's my chemistry, but this was a definite no-go for me.

on 1/30/2014 7:16:00 AM

I had two samples of this perfum...I like it so much,it has a very sweet scent.But I have not buy it yet because of the price.

on 11/6/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received this scent in a sample size bottle I tested it twice and loved it. The scent is just so powdery and very unique. I decided to hunt it down since is hard to find. I got it at Sephora and it was pretty pricey but I decided to get it. I love it so very much, every time I wear it I get compliments on how soft is and how wonderful the smell is. Wow I just think this is one of my all time favorites.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I read some of these reviews & think there can be no way I have used the same product. Perhaps it is an issue of chemistry, I do think it smells rather pleasant when I sniff the cap, but upon application it goes all wrong on me. It smells like very potent insect repellant on me & something in there gave me a headache at the base of my skull & up behind my eyes at the same time. I get no flowers or powder & it didn't improve on the dry down.

Popular Fragrances