Japonesque Mineral Smudger Brush (BM-664)

4.3

on 1/24/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Bought this brush cause I need one that is similar to NARS No. 15 Smudge Brush. The bristle is similar but I am not sure how soft is NARS'.
This kind of bristle is perfect for small-ish asian eyes which is why I already have 2 now. The bristle is not as soft as the Coastal Scents' dupe. But it is denser and the stiffness helps at packing dark colours on the eyes.

For everyday neutrals, I would not use this brush as I find it too grating on my eyes.

This is a really short handled brush that is good for travelling.

on 12/15/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a super cute smudge brush similar to Sephora Pro Natural Smudge Brush #11 or Classic Smudge Brush #14. I compared them side by side and seriously couldn't tell the difference between the shape or the bristles. Maybe the Japonesque one is 5% softer. The only difference really is the length. The Japonesque one is good for travel and super cute in a shorter length shape with bronze/gold handles. Quality is always top notch with the Japonesque brushes. Really a solid buy if you are into this shape.

Price wise, the Sephora classic is $13, Japonesque is $15.50 regular price (although you can get buy two get one free deals at Ulta), and the Sephora pro is $18. MAC is more.

However I wont buy it again, in fact I returned all 3 of this type. Because of my eye shape, I can't find a use for a smudge brush at all. However, for others I imagine it may be a necessity. If you are into this type, the Japonesque one is a solid buy.

on 9/13/2010 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I use this brush every day for detailing with my eye makeup. This works very well for highlighting my brow bone & tear duct area, for blending colors into one another, and for smudging harsh eye liner. You could probably use this for brow work as well! It has short, dense bristles with a small handle, but it still feels very soft. I think the $15 I paid for this brush is well worth it; I've definitely gotten plenty of use out of it. Great value. The name implies that it's for applying mineral makeup, but I almost always use pressed eye shadows, and it doesn't make a difference, this works great no matter what products you're using!

Popular Makeup Brushes