December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss of Recovery SPF 6

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Distordedx

This didn't work for me at all. My lips grt damn dry only when I travel to cold countries or when I'm onboard. I apply this every 30mins or more coz my lips were like wrinkled and I can see all the skin all over my lips and the lip balm it self... Still searching for the perfect hydrating lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is NOT a purse-worthy product.

On a scale of 1-10, with Nivea's "A Kiss of Moisture" (blue) being a 10 for moisture and wearable shine, this is a 2.

However, the best I can say about this product is that it is excellent for under lipstick/lip gloss wear as it gives just enough moisture for a smooth application and no shine whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, hands down, the best lip balm I've ever tried. Although it's medicated, it's not strongly scented (unlike Carmex medicated balm) and does a great job mending my chapped lips. (I live in a desert.) The texture is waxy but smooth, and melts nicely onto lips without being either greasy or hard. I keep a spare in my purse, my car, my office drawer, my bedside and the bathroom cabinet.

If you don't like the taste, try Nivea "Kiss of Cherry"--it's got a subtle cherry tint, wonderful flavor, and is nearly as good at healing nasty lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to winter lip balm. I have dry skin & the heated indoor air during winter ravages my lips in particular.

The only downside I can see to this product is it is moderately balmy-feeling/thick in texture. If you don't like feeling your lip "stuff," you will not like this particular version one bit. If, like me, you have dry, sensitive skin and/or live in an area with harsh winter weather, at least give these a try! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

I bought this today on a whim because my lips have been really chapped all summer. I am really glad I did.
It has a really delicious creamy chai tea smell and tingles slightly when you put it on. I would say it's on the thicker side, which is nice because it actually feels like it's staying put. If I mess with it too much I do have to reapply. The stick package is nice and sturdy. Oh, and this actually has an SPF 15 now. I also like that Nivea doesn't test on animals. So far, this seems like a newfound favorite.
P.S. The two super dry bits on my lower lip are like 90% moisturized after just a few hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the first time in my life, my lips are not chapped and peeling - and all within 3 days of use!

I've found the results from this Recovery balm superior to those of the Kiss of Moisture balm in the blue tube (which softened my lips but never fully healed them). In addition, the texture is better. Unlike the Moisture balm, which was too soft and left me feeling like I had glooped on a bunch of product each time I used it, the Recovery balm is firmer and adheres better to the lip without being waxy. The finish is matte/satiny and is perfect for daytime use.

Recovery smells like chai tea and feels very very very slightly tingly. It is NOT super mentholated/camphor-y like other "medicated" balms or Burt's Bees.

Before finding this, I was about to cave in and buy the $25 Fresh Advanced Lip Therapy balm from Sephora when I saw Kiss of Recovery at the grocery store. I'm so glad I decided to give this a try before shelling out the big bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love love love loooove this stuff. If you have chapped or dry lips this will heal them literally overnight. It is so soothing, creamy and comfortable on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mmhmm28

This stuff is amazing. It goes on smooth and keeps my lips from getting dry and chapped very well, and it smells really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I tried this on a whim when my normal Nivea lip stuff (dark blue tube) was out. This at first was not one I really liked. Then I tried it again but smoothed it out on my lips a little longer so it would warm up and melt. After that I have been hooked. This sinks into my lips perfectly leaving me with a smooth, moisturized lips. This does have a waxy feeling, but I think that is why this lasts so long. I can go quite a while without having to reapply which is a nice bonus. The tube I find pretty conveinent. I can use almost all of the balm and when it gets really low I can still dig out the remaining bit. One of the best lip balms out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be a firm believer in Burt's Bees until one of my friends let me try her Nivea A Kiss of Moisture (light blue). I immediately noticed the difference and made the switch. One day, Rite Aid had a sale on Nivea lip balms so I decided to give A Kiss of Recovery a try. Every since that day, I never went back to anything else. I believe that it leaves your lips softer for a longer period of time than all other lip balms I've tried, which includes but not limited to Soft Lips, Chapstick, Burt's Bees, Carmax, and Blistex.