Nivea A Kiss of Recovery SPF 6

4.1

Active ingredients Dimethicone 1.2% Avobenzone 1.0% Octinoxate 6.7% Inactive ingredients Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Panthenol, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Menthol, Beeswax, Water, BHT, Fragrance, Iron Oxides

on 1/7/2015 11:04:00 PM

I usually buy EOS, because they smell delicious and work really well, but at Rite Aid the other week they had these for buy two for a dollar each so there was no way I was passing that up! I got this one, and a kiss of smoothness.
This one, though, is AMAZING. It gives that kind of cool, tingly feeling that a lot of medicated lip balms do, but in a more subtle way. This also instantly smooths the lips (more so than the kiss of smoothness does) and instantly moisturizes them!
My lips were just burning with that awful dry sensation that happens in the winter, reached for this, and put a layer of this stuff on my lips and felt healed two seconds later! Literal miracle worker. Also, side note, I don't know why this site says it's SPF 6, but mine is actually SPF 15 which is even better!
I much prefer this to any EOS i've tried, and that's saying something. I definitely plan on rebuying this one!

on 1/1/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this! I have have had chapped/peeling lips my whole life (I don't know why). I have tried countless lip balms, and some worked decently, and some made matters worse. This is my favorite though! It's medicated, but still has SPF, so it's good all year round! It reminds me of a honey halls, but not as strong, it actually has a pleasant taste/scent. It's not overly waxy, and doesn't make my lips too shiny/sticky. This also works great as a base under a lipstick or gloss, to provide moisture. I went looking for a replacement, and it was sold out everywhere I went, so it must be popular! I just bought 3 backup tubes online!

on 12/26/2013 11:39:00 PM

This didn't work for me at all. My lips grt damn dry only when I travel to cold countries or when I'm onboard. I apply this every 30mins or more coz my lips were like wrinkled and I can see all the skin all over my lips and the lip balm it self... Still searching for the perfect hydrating lip balm.

on 12/1/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is NOT a purse-worthy product.

On a scale of 1-10, with Nivea's "A Kiss of Moisture" (blue) being a 10 for moisture and wearable shine, this is a 2.

However, the best I can say about this product is that it is excellent for under lipstick/lip gloss wear as it gives just enough moisture for a smooth application and no shine whatsoever.

on 5/27/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is, hands down, the best lip balm I've ever tried. Although it's medicated, it's not strongly scented (unlike Carmex medicated balm) and does a great job mending my chapped lips. (I live in a desert.) The texture is waxy but smooth, and melts nicely onto lips without being either greasy or hard. I keep a spare in my purse, my car, my office drawer, my bedside and the bathroom cabinet.

If you don't like the taste, try Nivea "Kiss of Cherry"--it's got a subtle cherry tint, wonderful flavor, and is nearly as good at healing nasty lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to winter lip balm. I have dry skin & the heated indoor air during winter ravages my lips in particular.

The only downside I can see to this product is it is moderately balmy-feeling/thick in texture. If you don't like feeling your lip "stuff," you will not like this particular version one bit. If, like me, you have dry, sensitive skin and/or live in an area with harsh winter weather, at least give these a try! continued >>

on 9/20/2012 11:28:00 PM

I bought this today on a whim because my lips have been really chapped all summer. I am really glad I did.
It has a really delicious creamy chai tea smell and tingles slightly when you put it on. I would say it's on the thicker side, which is nice because it actually feels like it's staying put. If I mess with it too much I do have to reapply. The stick package is nice and sturdy. Oh, and this actually has an SPF 15 now. I also like that Nivea doesn't test on animals. So far, this seems like a newfound favorite.
P.S. The two super dry bits on my lower lip are like 90% moisturized after just a few hours of wear.

on 5/24/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

For the first time in my life, my lips are not chapped and peeling - and all within 3 days of use!

I've found the results from this Recovery balm superior to those of the Kiss of Moisture balm in the blue tube (which softened my lips but never fully healed them). In addition, the texture is better. Unlike the Moisture balm, which was too soft and left me feeling like I had glooped on a bunch of product each time I used it, the Recovery balm is firmer and adheres better to the lip without being waxy. The finish is matte/satiny and is perfect for daytime use.

Recovery smells like chai tea and feels very very very slightly tingly. It is NOT super mentholated/camphor-y like other "medicated" balms or Burt's Bees.

Before finding this, I was about to cave in and buy the $25 Fresh Advanced Lip Therapy balm from Sephora when I saw Kiss of Recovery at the grocery store. I'm so glad I decided to give this a try before shelling out the big bucks!

Love love love loooove this stuff. If you have chapped or dry lips this will heal them literally overnight. It is so soothing, creamy and comfortable on the lips.

on 1/19/2012 7:47:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. It goes on smooth and keeps my lips from getting dry and chapped very well, and it smells really good.