CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 8/27/2015 11:04:00 AM

Unfortunately this cleanser doesn't work for me. It caused me to break out in a bunch of tiny whiteheads on my chin. But it's too bad because otherwise it would be a great cleanser. It's not too drying for a foaming cleanser. It leaves your face feeling clean and soft but not squeaky clean and it does a great job of removing makeup. I just wish it didn't break me out

on 8/23/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bought it recently and can already say I really like it. Gentle and non drying for sensitive skin. Lathers and cleans well. Won't take off tough foundation, so be sure to use a gentle makeup remover beforehand. Love the pump feature and comes in a big bottle! Bought for ~$18 and will likely repurchase.

UPDATE: Been using it for a few days and this is SUPER. I never realized how cleansers that are truly made for sensitive skin can be so effective. My skin has always been SO red and flushed even right when I wake up, but after using this, my skin has seriously calmed down. I have acne, so I've always used cleansers for acne-prone skin, but using a cleanser for super sensitive skin has helped with my acne MUCH better. HG cleanser from now on

on 8/20/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This does such a great job of cleansing my face that I forgive it for its horrid, thick, sticky texture. Bleh. However, I'll be glad to switch back to the hydrating formula in the coming colder months when my skin is less oily.

on 8/6/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

You get a good amount for a fair price, it comes with a pump bottle which is a bonus BUT..... within the first two days my entire face broke out in small clogged pores, so many bumps and they wouldn't go away!!! I used it for 3 weeks hoping my face would get better but it didn't. Switched face cleansers and my face is slowly starting to be less bumpy. Really wished this had worked for me.

on 7/27/2015 2:21:00 PM

This cleanser is similar to syrup. Thick and sticky. I found it hard to spread it over my face.
It did not remove makeup.
Pros:
No irritation
Cons:
Did not remove makeup
Expensive for Drugstore
Difficult to spread on the face

on 7/11/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This cleansed well but it irritates my super sensitive skin... :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for my oily/combination skin. My face never feels tight or dried out, and the thick, "syrupy" texture of this cleanser foams up very nicely and cleans my face well. It is a little on the higher end for a "drugstore" cleanser, but it is well worth the price. I was recommended this cleanser by an old dermatologist, and I haven't looked back since. Also, this cleanser does the BEST job of removing makeup out of all the cleansers I've used. I didn't realize how great it is at taking off makeup until I ran out of it the other day and was forced to use some old Biore face wash. I had to literally scrub at my eyes with the Biore and even then, most of my eye makeup was still on my face. With the Cerave, I can just gently massage the cleanser into my eye area and then rinse and voila -- my Kat Von D Tattoo liner, Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, and any eyeshadow as well as my brow products are all fully gone. Foundation and other face products are all removed very easily as well. Yay!

I think this also works very well on body acne. I've been breaking out a lot on my back and shoulders recently, and whenever I use this face wash in that area the acne is significantly better by the next day.

I do occasionally use this cleanser to clean some of my makeup brushes--works great in that way as well.

Packaging is much better than it used to be. A few years ago it was just a plastic pump with a paper sticker label that would get all soggy and shred after a few weeks. It's now a very modern and sleek rectangularly-shaped pump bottle with a nice matte finish, and that sticker label is gone. I think the pump also locks, so you can take it with you when you travel.

I've been using this for years now and have been happy with it ever since. Definitely recommend for oily/combo skin!

on 7/11/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used what seems like hundreds of cleansers over the years. Expensive ones, cheap ones, and so on. This works really well. It foams up nicely and feels really good on the skin. It doesn't strip moisture or anything. Good value size and the price is right too. One of the best, maybe my HG cleanser.

on 7/10/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love how clean my face feels after using this. It really does foam up and leave you squeaky clean. It's unscented and does not leave my skin feeling tight. You also can't beat the price, especially for size of the bottle.

on 7/2/2015 12:18:00 PM

Yea, Im returning this to Target, I got a bump on my eye didnt think it was this till my entire face is getting red bumps this is the only new thing beside their lotion and my face itches when i use that
My face feels clean and the lotion makes my skin feel really soft BUT red bumps and break out no thank you
AND my skin is not sensitive