CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this cleanser but for a cheaper price, try the Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin. It's a dupe for this cleanser. Since you're just washing this product off, all the claims that Cerave is making about ceramides, etc. and a moot point for this product.

This can be a little drying in the winter and doesn't seem to completely remove my eye makeup if I'm wearing a long wearing eyeliner.

I have sensitive combo oily skin and im nc 25 if it matters.. I have had a hard time with cleansers irritating my skin. this cleanser is a really great one..
the texture is syrupy yes but dont be fooled because it can become foamy. the trick is to dispense one pump into ur hand and mix it with just a little water and rub the product with the water in ur hand to create a foaming effect and then apply to ur face.. you can also wet ur olay spin brush and put a pump into the bristles apply to ur face and turn on(creates foam). I think that this a great choice for sensitive skin I do 2 cleansing rounds and this works to remove most of my makeup for the 1st round. I have also gotten this close to my eyes and it has never irritated them. I use this every morning and night and for me its not drying. I had originally bought this cleanser after reading a ton and reviews and being sold on the product I will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Skin: very sensitive & acne prone on my cheeks.
Oily in the summer; cheeks & forehead.
Slightly dry in the winter; around my nose & hairline.

I recently tried the hydrating cleanser from CeraVe which broke me out & gave me a small rash so I decided to give my face a couple days to calm down & decided to try the foaming cleanser. I read some people reacted terribly to the hydrating one, but the foaming worked wonders.

I happened to not be one of the lucky ones. I used this cleanser a total of three days & I've developed one whitehead, clogged pores, & 3 inflamed pimples. All on my cheeks where I'm prone to breakouts. It's been 5 days that I've stopped using the cleanser & I'm still waiting on the acne to subside. The first few days after they developed they were quite painful & red/inflamed.

There must be an ingredient in both these cleansers that doesn't agree with my skin. I'm sad that unfortunately this easy to access & cheap cleanser which has such great ingredients didn't work for me. Back to trying to find a gentle cleanser for my picky skin.

I've been using this for about 8 months now, and I really don't have any complaints.

My skin is oily and acne-prone on my T-zone, but is normal and can get dry on my cheeks, and sensitive everywhere (though especially on my cheeks). This cleanser does not irritate any part of my face. It just cleanses, and does a pretty decent job of removing makeup (except waterproof makeup, but I don't really expect it to do that). I do need to use some sort of cream/moisturizer after using it or my skin will feel dry, as well as acne products, because this is not made to help with acne and it does not do so. I also only use this once a day in the winter to prevent over drying.

Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone with more oily skin. I might tell you to stay away from it if your skin is drier though. And if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, since I've heard a few people complain about the price (this doesn't really make sense to me- have you seen how big the bottle is?) go for the Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar, which is what I use while traveling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Too drying for my combo acne prone skin. I think it I was oilier this would be great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff worked ok and then all of a sudden after 2 months of use, I got the worst zits I have ever had in my life! I couldn't figure out what was causing them because I had been trying new foundations and primer. I've never had issues with acne in my life. This was the culprit. For two months I had small patches of zits on the sides of my chin and below my lip. And then I got 2 cystic like zits that never surfaced and we're painful and red. It was miserable and destroyed my face.

People, foaming cleansers are not recommended for any skin type! Wish I had known that before I completely stripped my face of moisture.
Immediately after I stopped using this my face is clearing and getting back to normal.

For years I used to switch from face wash to face wash, buying a new kind every time. Since trying this my husband and I have used it consistently for about two years. It's gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out. I still get pimples near my chin from time to time but they're hormonal and I don't think any face wash is going to prevent them completely. I've definitely noticed fewer breakouts overall now that I've made my face routine more simple - just CeraVe face wash, a green tea scrub a few times a week, and a light lotion. I live in New York so during the really cold months I occasionally have to use a more hydrating face wash a few times a week to fight flakiness, but for most of the year this is perfect. It's slightly more expensive than some other drug store face washes, but one bottle lasts us a long time and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm giving this a 1 out of 5 based on my personal reaction to the product. I have sensitive/acne prone skin and after using this for two days I woke up with multiple deep, painful pimples. I stopped using the cleanser for a few days and waited for my skin to calm down. I get deep pimples occasionally so I thought perhaps it was a coincidence and tried the cleanser again. Nope! After a few days I broke out in welt-like pimples again. I can't believe this happened with such a supposedly gentle cleanser. I've never had a reaction like this from any other product before. I did enjoy the pump dispenser and the consistency of the cleanser and ended up using the rest as body wash without problems. Not sure what it was in this formula that caused such an issue with my face.

I have acne prone/sensitive/combination skin. Even so this cleanser isn't recommended. Foam is not good (dermatologist's advice). It's too alkaline which doesn't match with our pH. Tried it myself, it didn't feel like it was cleaning my face. Woke up with an oily face. My face was also left dried. Avoid ingredients like salt.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

A great, effective, and affordable foaming cleanser for my oily skin. This comes in a large bottle with a pump dispenser. $11 at my Ulta store. I wear sunscreen most each day. This cleanser removes sunscreen well, but I use baby wipes first to remove makeup, then cerave foaming cleanser. I especially like this because there is no over drying. It is a great cleanser to use post glycolic peel.