CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/23/2015 10:05:00 PM

I looooove this stuff! The issue with my previous cleansers was that none of them felt like they were cleansing enough, like I was just rubbing soap on my face and only doing a mild surface cleanse. Some of them even reacted with my prescription topical and made my skin burn badly. This cleanser has this serum-like consistency, and so what I do is, after cleaning off the majority of my makeup, I dampen my skin and rub this onto my face. Like that it feels like a facial oil and helps remove any leftover makeup. Doesn't sting when I get it in my eyes either. After about 10 seconds of that, I wet my hands and start lathering up the product on my face. Once I'm done my face feels so fresh and clean. :)

on 4/20/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this cleanser. I think it removes makeup pretty well. Itīs a gray-ish gel and usually one to two pumps will be enough per use. What I like about the most about it is that it doesnīt dry out my skin too much and it doesnīt seem to have any super-aggressive substances in it. I do have sensitive skin and get rashes when using products that are too harsh. This does the job without irritating my skin, so I am glad to have found it and will repurchase a 3rd time.

on 4/13/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great basic cleanser! Never makes my face feel tight or aggravates my mild rosacea!
UPDATE: I really wanted to like this product. I saw such a difference in my skin tone just after a few washes- must be the ceremides in this product. However, it made my skin break out with cystic acne...no fun. Really bummed this didn't work out for me.

on 4/12/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been searching for my HG cleanser for YEARS! I'm almost 23 and I think I have finally found it! The past few years I have tried every cleanser under the sun, Cetaphil broke me out, Neutrogena dried me out, clean and clear clogged my pores, I even tried higher end cleansers that cost a lot of money and just never saw any results. I randomly decided to try this after I saw it at Walmart and I am so glad I did. This cleanser has changed my life. I suffer from hormonal breakouts, mostly around the chin and cheek area and they can be pretty painful, I also wear a full face of makeup about 3-4 times a week and wanted a cleanser that would really take off my makeup. What I love most about this cleanser are a few things; it removes ALL my makeup, even water proof mascara. On my lazy nights I can totally skip makeup removing wipes if I use this cleanser, it takes off EVERYTHING. It really does get your skin clean. Also even though it gets your skin clean,it is not drying or stripping whatsoever. My skin feels hydrated and soft, not dehydrated or tight. Over about a 3-4 week period I really feel as if the texture and clarity of my skin has greatly improved. I haven't been breaking out as badly and if I do the breakouts heal much faster.I also love that this is fragrance free, fragrance in anything can be very upsetting to my skin and I have had no bad reactions to this cleanser at all. I'm also happy with the fact that I can find this cleanser literally anywhere; CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, ULTA, Target all carry this. The old cleanser I was using was only available at Sephora and online. The price of this cleanser is also great, 12 ounces for 8 bucks and let me tell you, this bottle lasts FOREVER. I use this twice a day and I've had it for 4 months and I've barely made a dent in it. I love the pump bottle packaging as well, and the pump locks for when you're traveling. There's really nothing that I don't love about this cleanser and I have no interest in anything else. So happy! And my skin is happy too and better than ever!

on 3/31/2015 7:33:00 AM

I have a huge issue with cleansers. Only two cleansers in my skincare career of about 20 years stand out: Kanebo Bio (a pinky rosey foaming cleanser) and Nude Foaming Cleanser(the old packaging in the pump) - that specific cleanser was discontinued, and Nude changed the packaging and upped the price. I am constantly on the lookout for the right cleanser. I used to swear only by natural and organic ranges but now I have to bite the bullet and admit that most natural ranges don't do much for my skin - I need to supplement some of the natural products that I still use with something stronger.

This cleanser is great. It is a clear, fragrance-free gel that foams easily and I think it cleanses well. It is very economic and I like the packaging. It is not cheap as I have to buy it on Amazon for shipment to the UK. Everything I would want in a cleanser except for..

..it dries me out a bit. This could work in hot humid weather but with the winter I can really see my skin begging for moisturiser the minute it goes down the sink. I have said "no" to buying it again because I really want to try Cerave's hydrating cleanser next. I have acne-prone skin but funny enough it is not that oily. My skin is more normal than oily but can be dry with the wrong products. But if you are oily then I recommend.

saw an excellent improvement in my skin tone. Wonderful stuff

on 3/22/2015 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Pretty good gentle cleanser. I prefer this one over Cetaphil. Didn't break me out and left my skin feeling comfortable. I even use it on my eyes to remove excess mascara and it doesn't burn or irritate them. Have repurchased a new bottle already!

Excellent cleanser! I use this every day and it's perfect for my combination skin. Lathers nicely and leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable.

Was looking for a cleanser to remove Makeup without over drying. This was perfect! I loved the texture. It's like a hybrid between a gel like consistency, but with the cleansing power of a foam cleanser when massaged into the skin. Removes makeup very well. HOWEVER, I'm allergic! After one use, I noticed many tiny bumps on my forehead and at first I thought it was hormonal. Upon the second use, this cleanser was for sure the problem. I had lots of small red bumps all in my forehead, hair line, on my eye lids, and some on the cheeks. My skin usually reacts well or not at all to cleansers. I suspect the ceramide (special hydrating ingredient in this cleanser) caused the reaction. So sad, I really loved the way it felt on my skin.

on 3/1/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use the hydrating cleanser before but I didn't feel clean. So I tried this foaming cleanser, it was a little drying on my skin. This cleanser broke me out with tiny little pimples on my fore head and face.I will stay away from the face cleansers but I like there body cream.