December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Rainbowliquor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only cleanser I have repurchased in the last 2 years. I have gone through a least 6 bottles. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist to gently and thoroughly cleanse my papular rosacea skin. It helps keep outbreaks at bay and significantly reduces the redness in my skin. It foams beautifully when I use it with my clarisonic. I live that it is fragrance free and causes no irritation! I believe the redness reduction is due to the niacinamide present however I have read that for some people niacinamide can cause flushing. I have also tried the cerave hydrating cleanser and absolutely hated that. It caused my tzone to get breakouts and caused a rash in my cheeks! No idea why. I will be sticking with this for the long term and I love that CVS frequently has buy one get one 50% off sales on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Kmurch92

Made my pores look gross and gave me blackheads :/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a huge fan of the Cerave moisturizers and I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm curious as to why this is called Foaming? There is absolutely no foaming whatsoever. It's more like a gel cleanser. Neutrogena's fresh face foaming cleanser -- now THAT foams. This is like a gel liquid soap that just smears. Now, don't get me wrong -- I like it --- just not that much. And when I buy something that has Foaming in the name -- I want that sucker to bubble up and make me look like Santa. So -- don't think I'll add this to my re-purchase list.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bomkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on the recommendation of about a bazillion people on r/SkinCareAddiction, thinking I struck gold and it would be very possible that this could be my HG cleanser.

It's supposed to have ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and all that good stuff, dermatologist developed, no-frills, made for sensitive/eczema skin. Ceramides and hyaluronic acid occur naturally on our skin, but our skin produces less of it as we age. And Niacinamide helps produce more ceramides and all that as well. I don't really care for fancy stuff in my cleansers (I'd rather have that for leave-on things) but hey, why not this time. I also really like the packaging, as it has a twist/turn lock pump top.

I patch tested on my arm and I didn't have a reaction, so I tried it on my face a few times. It's very nice that it doesn't have a fragrance added to it and it didn't strip my skin at all, despite being a clear, gel-like foaming cleanser. The only thing was that I woke up in the middle of the night with my face inflamed and swelling and ITCHING LIKE KDJ2#$FKJ. And on and on it itched and swelled, for several days. I was near tears. I got desperate and got every anti-inflammatory thing I had in my pantry/fridge and made mask out of them (plain yogurt, oat flour, goat milk powder - just because I needed a fat because my yogurt at the time was fat-free, and turmeric is fat-soluble - and turmeric), which helped immediately and took the itch away for half the day. I was SO RELIEVED. The itch came back so I did the mask every morning and night for several days and my face was finally back to normal.

I'm bummed out that this easy-to-access, no-frills cleanser didn't work out for me, but I am trying Silk Natural's Kiss Foaming Cleanser instead right now, which is much more gentle on my skin, and it's been working out great so far.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by gmagana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No fuss or frills just a basic cleanser that does the job. It is very gentle so I usually spend a good one or too minutes massaging it onto my face making sure it dissolves everything. Love the pump thought, makes it super easy to use in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this cleanser out because I have combination to oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, but It just didn't work out. I first rinsed my face with lukewarm water, then I rubbed a 1/2 pump of this all over my face for about 30 seconds (it foams us to a nice lather), then I rinsed it off (splashing water in my face 10+ times to remove all of the cleanser). I used this product morning and night for a couple of days, but then I started breaking out really badly in my T-zone. At first I thought I was breaking out due to my Mac Prolongwear foundation, but I had been using it 5+ times a week for 2 months, and had never broken out from it before. Then I thought it was my Mac Prolongwear concealer, but then I realized I hadn't started using that until after I started breaking out. Finally, I figured it must be the cleanser (even though it's targeted towards those with sensitive skin), so I stopped using it and switched back to my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. The following morning I woke up and my skin looked a whole lot better, the acne had calmed down and the redness was greatly reduced. Needless to say I will be returning this product, not only did it break me out, but it made my skin's texture super dry, while still overproducing oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

This is my HG cleanser. I have been using it for about 2 years now and I would die if they ever discontinued it . I have combo skin and it's the only cleanser I've used that keeps my skin clear, without over drying it. The bottle is HUGE and lasts a couple months. The product is unscented and removes makeup and oil effectively. I love this cleanser and now my mom in law is also hooked !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by danira5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before using this cleanser and the hydrating cleanser, I thought it was normal for your skin to feel tight after cleansing. I thought it was just unavoidable. This has been my HG for about two years now, and if they ever stop making it I will probably have a meltdown because I have tried a million other cleansers and nothing manages to get my skin clean, avoiding breakouts, while not drying it out. And a little sprinkle of ceramides and hyaluronic acid does not hurt one bit! When you look at the (awful) and super basic ingredients in most of the high end cleansers - department store and dermatologist office brands - $12 seems like quite a bargain. Plus it lasts foreverr. One pump is plenty enough for your whole face. I AM kind of a packaging snob and I wish they would realize that putting paper labels on a bottle that goes inside a shower/comes into contact with water is a really bad idea but, if it keeps the price at $12, I guess I can handle it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG FACIAL CLEANSER. I have gone through 3 of these. My skin type is oily, but due to prescribed topical treatments, I now have combination skin that is dehydrated. My t-zone is still ridiculously oily. This cleanses my skin without stripping my skin. I double cleanse with this, the first time to get off any sweat and dirt built up on my face ( I run cross country) and any powder that is left on my skin. It doesn't feel really foamy on the first cleanse, and I suppose it's because I actually have a lot of gunk on my face it's dissolving.:P on the second cleanse it is really foamy and when I rinse I just feel so clean. This definitely contributes to keeping my skin clear and smooth. I HIGHLY recomend this product if you have anywhere from normal to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by vforvina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

**HG MUST-HAVE** I had hormonal after that flared up all of a sudden, I was on the hunt for the right cleanser to get rid of my acne. I saw a YouTube video on someone who used this and saw results. I ran out and bought it and I love it!! It's gentle and my. Acne stayed clearing away. My skin feels cleans after using this product and I love how it foams.?