October 22, 2014 | 1015 users online

Blush - Stila - Custom Color Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have both self adjusting blushes and love them both. The reason I will not repurchase it the price. I feel like blush is something you can get from any brand at a much cheaper cost. I'm planning on trying some Essence blushes after I run out of these.

Pros
Both look great on me
Product lasts a long time (I'm going on 3 years now and they still work great)
Colour stays all day and blends well

Cons
Both compacts BROKE within a few weeks of buying (the hinge part snapped on both)
It takes time to learn the right amount to put on (VERY easy to use too much)
Price

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So when I first purchased this blush, it was in the coral shade and it wasn't my favourite. As much as the lady at the make-up counter insisted that coral was more my colour, it turned out to look like more of a brick red on my very fair skin (which has very pinky undertones).

So I handed that shade off to my olive-skinned-bff and went back in pursuit of the blush that I coveted originally- the vibrant pink shade.

Pros:
- Unlike it's coral counterpart (which featured a very prominent shimmer), the pink shade has a matte finish.
- Although the pink looks shocking in the pan, it is entirely natural and buildable, when applied with a light hand.
- Although the blush is pricy, a little bit of product can go a long way.
- Excellent staying power.

Cons:
- The pan. In both the coral and pink version I got, the centre began to crumble for reasons unknown. The coral in particular became quite messy, although I was always sure to close the compact gently. Curious. Very curious.

All in all, I loved this blush. It was the perfect sheer, matte pink for me. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the coral for myself, it does look lovely on my friend who has undertones are less pink (and she doesn't mind the shimmer).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetdream707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This blush is highly pigmented. I just need one dab and swoosh when putting it on both my cheeks. But the color then fades or brightens, according to your skin tone. I think this works great. It really does compliment my skin tone and gives me a cute flush. Not natural but not outrageous, I think the color on me in just right. Lasts maybe half the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm doing a massive blush purge and I own many blushes from all different brands and price points that I just want to throw out. I was interested in the concept of "custom color" and want just one pink. I do know Dior makes a similar blush but decided not to get the Dior because of the ingredients and also the fact that the Stila one is half as much in price. I swatched the tester and was shocked by how cool and pale it was. I got it anyway and I'm not disappointed. I love it. It actually turns into more of a soft pink-red coral on me and it looks very natural on my skin tone. I found that this blush is very pigmented yet still natural looking. It contains no shimmer or sparkles which I'm happy with that since I'm oily. I experienced no rashes or skin irritation with this blush. The price is affordable at $20. Overall, very happy with this product and I'm getting going back for the peach one too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

By looking at the neon pink, clown-realness shade of doom in the pan, I thought this blush was going to be a horrible garish pink color that didn't flatter anyone. I found it to go on very light and natural looking, and I LOVE the way it gives me the slightest tinge of color on my very pale skin. Apply it very lightly and then build more as you need, you'll have a beautiful healthy glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect! The colour is a really pretty pink when applied, and much less full-on than it looks in the pan. It's easy to blend, can be worn quite sheer, or built-up, and stays on all day without needing to be touched up. The compact is really neat, with a good quality mirror, and the product last forever. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

the color looks like a scary neon pink but if you apply it with a light hand, it's so pretty. it holds more product than a nars blush for a much cheaper price. and since you don't need a lot of product, it will last much longer. i don;t have the same issue with opening it so that definitely doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

I have to agree w/a previous reviewer, love this blush! I have tried a lot of lower-priced blushes to try to get a very true pink/blue for my complexion. In summer I look a bit more neutral, but for winter I wanted a true pink.

Yes, it does look vivid in the compact, but try a little on your wrist or cheek with a light hand and blended, this has a lot of pigment and looks just beautiful.

The compact is hard to open, which is annoying, since it would be easier to drop, so take care there.

Awesome color and will certainly buy a back-up now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I *LOVE* this blush!!! I have it in pink and it's the only blush that can truly emulate the color of my natural flush, which is a cool pink color. The color looks really scary in the pan and you definitely need to apply this with a VERY LIGHT hand, but it really looks beautiful once it's on your skin. I have had several compliments already. I will buy this again and again! The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. I find that it isn't very easy to open. I actually have to look at it and insert my fingernail inside the indention to open it. I would rather have a normal clasp like most compacts have, but this is definitely not a deal breaker. I paid $20 for this at Sephora. For a great blush, I think this is actually a reasonable price. I recommend this to any girl who wants to look gorgeous! :) :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this! I just bought it today and the color is very nice. it's very adjustable, I notice that it's a lot more reddish toned when I put it on. I daresay I bought pink but on my skin it looks coral. I really like it, it goes on very nicely, its much more wearable than it appears in the pan, seems to have good lasting power so far. I would buy it again, the only problem is that mine is really hard to open I have to be really careful, I already nicked it with my thumb nail :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No