August 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Lip Treatments - Yes To Carrots - Yes to Carrots Conditioning Lip Butter with SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by courtney16spicer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love trying new lip balms and other lip products so when I spotted this one in the chemist I had to give it a go. From my first try I really didn't like this- it had a grainy texture and left my lips oily and a lot of the time white as it just ddidm't rub in. I've often found little blobs of this left on my lips after using it, which has been super embarrassing! There were a few other scents/flavours of this and I decided on the pomegranate as that normally smells great but this just has a pretty bad smell and any hint of pomegranate is just really fake and disgusting. This definitely wasn't worth the price (about double my usual lip balm)and its so terrible that I've thrown it away after just I've a week. I'll definitely be going back to my normal one (Chapstick!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by xylochick02

I have this lip butter in mint, and I have to say it's really the only thing that seems to work to heal my dry, cracked lips. I've had issues with my chapped lips for years, but I have had so much luck with this. I will say that it doesn't absorb quickly, but it goes a long way towards moisturizing and healing. So, I typically slather it on right before bed and let it do its work during the night. When I wake up, my lips feel fabulous! It smells nice and minty, too. :) Will definitely keep buying this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this lip balm in Sweet Fig and it smells delicious, that was my primary motivation for buying it. I think I paid around $4 for this lipbalm which is a bit pricey in my opinion, especially compared to other all natural lipbalms like Burt's Bees which is usually around $3. It goes on smooth but it's a little thick. I appreciate that it has an SPF 15. It leaves my lips feeling soft and it's made of quality ingredients like coconut, olive, and jojoba oils. I wouldn't buy this lip balm again because of the price and the thickness of it, but I'll continue to use this one til it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tweezerhappy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

have the Sweet Fig flavor and loving it. doesn't get all weird and yucky tasting after a while like other natural lip balms. also, it is 99% natural which it makes it easier for me to buy this product especially since it has SPF. love their cause and appreciate their mission.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by music1994

I have the fig one.
Pros:
tastes great
small/portable

Cons:
leaves layer of white on lips after applying, so you have to rub it in for it to not show up
doesn't moisturize very well

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

**** UPDATE**** : They have now changed the formula of this and it's TERRIBLE! It's drying and cakey on the lips. It also now leaves a white "film" as soon as you apply it. Uhg. So frustrating when companies do something like this.

Hands down, my new favorite lip balm.
Fragrance, texture, moisturizing ability, staying power...etc
Also, I happen to live in a very hot and very sunny state, so the SPF is something I actually seek out in a lip balm, and its very important to me. You cant even smell / taste it.
Everything about it is a prefect 5 out of 5 for me.
Will be repurchasing more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I completely agree with the previous reviewer about this lip balm. I love to try new lip products and was drawn to this because it is suppose to be a lip butter (i.e.very moisturizing) and it has spf 15. However, it wasn't moisturizing in the least, and had a gross, grainy texture that left my lips feeling greasy. It smelled and tasted like sunscreen (not pomegranate) and made my lips burn slightly. I normally never throw away lip balms without trying to use them up, but this one went right in the trash after one use - it was that bad for me. Sadly, Yes to Carrots has apparently discontinued the only product of theirs that I like - the C Me Blush lip tints. All the other products I've tried from them have been a miss, and I probably won't be purchasing anything else from them after this experience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

So I saw this in pomegranate at the store and I was like eh what the heck I will just pick it up and see how I like it. I usually like the brand, their makeup wipes are nice but this product is AWFUL. It does not moisturize at all. It feels waxy and gross and leaves a whitish film on my lips. I tried to give it a fair shake and just used it at night for a while thinking who cares I will be asleep but I wake up and my lips are cracked and bleeding...AWFUL just plain AWFUL. I get that it has a decent SPF and smells okay (not that great though) but the texture is gross and why do I even bother with it when it won't even condition or moisturize my lips. I will NEVER repurchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Fig and Pomegranite, and I have repurchased this product many times. No, not because it is so moisturizing and makes my lips feel so great. I buy it to get stable, reliable sun protection for my lips. Who wants wrinkly lips? Almost every chapstick in the d/s now contains some kind of spf, but something folks forget is that these are chem filters. Fine on your face because they have time to absorb. You're supposed to apply them 20 mins before going outdoors. But that's not how we use and rely on lip sun protection. We apply lippie spf products all the time, indoors, outdoors, just whenever. Furthermore, we have likely smudged or licked all the product off before it has had a chance to absorb and offer its label protection. Not so with mineral blocks like Zinc and Tio2. You can apply and they are effective immediatly. I love that this lippie is so cheap and has 6.5% Zinc as its active. It does leave a bit of a white cast on my lips (that's the zinc), but I offset with a lipstick over it. I don't use it indoors as it's not really cosmetically flattering or moisturizing. But it is great sun protection for my lips and that's why I buy it. If I'm going to be in the sun I apply and reapply and my lips never feel chapped or burned. Great product, cheap price. Will repurhcase for as long as it's available. And FYI: I think some of the negative reviews come with confusing this product with the regular, non-SPF Yest to Carrots Lip Butters.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by limari87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I strongly dislike this product. I hate the smell and it does nothing for my chapped lips.