April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Styling Products - Moroccanoil - Curl Control Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This definitely enhances the waves in my hair without the dry crunchy feel. Waves look lush, healthy and defined. But the volume thus gives my hair is just crazy and it stays full throughout the day. Really nice product and would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This mousse (almost like a cream) is like that guy you thought was your first true love before you met your husband. The guy that was so close to perfect, the closest thing to love you have ever had to that point, but something is right...it doesn't feel as easy as it should (as it does when you meet your husband). In this case the MoroccanOil Mousse is the first serious big boyfriend, and AG Recoil would be my husband.

There is something so intriguing about the mousse/cream, it feels like it should be awesome (moisturizing, more weight than typical mousse, but way less weight than most creams). But as I use it two issues keep popping up:

1) Frizz control - it really doesn't help much or at least not as much as AG

2) My curls aren't as bouncy...they aren't weighed down exactly, but they are a bit droopy (2a fine wavy hair)

All that said, this unlike any other mousse product I have tried, there is no crunch, a touch of weight (but just enough to create hold), and no parched feeling left on your hair. It runs about $23.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG I think this is my HG of hair products!! I have tried a million different products over the years to achieve that perfect balance of soft wavey curls without the crunch and here it is!! I'm in love <3 I have the MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream (hope it is the same as the curl control which i'm reviewing) and my hair looks aaamazing! I have fine hair but tons of it, and it is a mix of straight curly wavey frizzy mess and this product not only tames it but give me completly effortless beautiful wavey curls. I shower at night and use the MoroccanOil treatment (the oil serum) and twist my hair into a low bun and sleep on it. When I wake up my hair is still slightly damp and I just scrunch in 1 pump of the Curl Defining Creame and let my hair dry naturally result is BEAUTIFUL curly soft waves. I feel like I keep repeating myself with this but I am so pleased with how my hair looks. It also smells so amazing and my boyfriend asked me what yummy smell I had on. I bought this on Amazon for about $27 and it is 8.5oz only needing one pump for my very long hair (down to the bottom of my shoulder blades) this is going to last for several months. I will absolutely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

the price for the curl control creme in australia is roughly $44. waaay to expensive for the poor performance of the product. you get 250mL in the pump bottle.
no matter how i used it, it made my hair look oily. the consistency is too thick to be able to spread evenly and my waves ended up 'sticking' together and looking greasy- not the nice definition other curl definers and controllers do to me. so far the best ive used is TIGI catwalk curlesque and S Factor Spun Satin. it didnt sink into the hair, it just sat on the top and made some parts stick together like i was wearing a hair gel (but not as shiny looking or as stiff looking). very unhappy with the product!
the only good thing about this curl control creme is that is smells nice. i would not repurchase as there are cheaper things that to a much much better job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best frizz controller for my thick, coarse, very wavy hair. It gives my waves nice hold and definition in a soft way, it's not crunchy or too firm of a hold. It controls frizz while enhancing my natural waves. I use it when I'm going to air dry my hair and then later touch it up slightly with a curling iron. My hairstylist gf recommended it to me, and she has very curly hair. She was right, it's probably the best if what your looking for is soft and light definition to your wavy/curly hair with frizz control and humidity protection. The packaging is great, I love the pump bottle. I wavered between 4 and 5 lippies, and then finally went with 5. Reason is because I know nothing out there will give me perfectly smooth waves without using a hot tool...so I can't expect miracles from any product. Overall this is the best product for enhancing my wavy/curly hair, adding definition without crunchiness or weighing it down.
**EDIT - 24/08/11 - I've dropped my marks for this from 5 to lippies. After using it for a few weeks now I find that it doesn't quite control the top layer of frizz I get on my hair. So I still think it's good, and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sansanmix

The first time I used this product I absolutely loved it. I have 2C curls and would put one pump in when my hair was wet, I would then "plop" my hair and go to bed, the next morning I would have these lovely, soft curls.
If I was getting ready for a night out I'd do the same routine except would only "plop" my hair for 20 minutes, then would pin the hair up with duckbill clips to give it lift at the root while I finished getting ready. Again, hair would look marvelous -- always get people trying to touch asking me is its as soft as it looks.

Product is awesome, however I do find that my hair has gotten used to it --- which just means I need to
take a little break from it.

There are other Argan oil products on the market which I plan on giving a try- but I do still have this one handy for nights when I really want my hair to look/ smell awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Casshausserman

I really like the curl control creme. I have fine wavy hair and with this product I can really make my hair curly. My hair stylist suggested mixing the creme with a little of the light Argon oil and that really helps define the curls and prevent frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ampschell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! Like many of you, I have been plagued with naturally curly hair. My hair dresser suggested I try this and I love it so much. He charges me $27 per bottle and it lasts me about 3 months. It doesn't make your hair crunchy like many other products on the market and actual does help to control frizz. Of course, depending on the weather, I still get frizz here and there, but overall I love this product. I put it in when my hair is damp and then diffuse my hair and throw in a bit of hair spray during the drying process for good measure. I also use MoroccanOil everyday which probably helps with the frizz as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jennifer07

I have naturally curly hair and purchased this product based on price (if it's this expensive it must be great!). No, it does not work for my naturally curly hair. It reminds me of rubbing A*stral*an G tanning lotion in my hair. The hold is minimal. The product does make my hair soft, which just contributes to the frizz. I have used TIGI curls rock for years and I'll stick with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

GREAT for controlling frizz in curly hair. I used to use the Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream, but it just didn't have enough hold for my thick, coarse curls. This has great hold, no crunch and the smell is fabulous, like the other Moroccanoil products. I find that when I use this, I can skip a leave-in condish, as this does it all for me! I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky and I wish I could see how much product is left...aside from packaging issues, this stuff rocks!