April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Dior Addict Ultra Gloss 856 Little Red Dress

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First Dior Makeup product I've purchased. I was looking for a shade of red that would actually compliment my olive skin tone and the lipsticks and glosses from other brands didn't look right on me. I was about to give up until the lady at the dior counter decided to help me out. I tried it and fell in love with it. The gloss is highly pigmented and gives me that glossy cherry red color I was looking for. It was a splurge for me but the quality is way better (in my opinion) than the lancome juicytubes. The product also comes with a tiny brush that makes application easy. Will I repurchase? OUI OUI!!!! I love it!!! I'd llike to try their pinks and nudes as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BEST LIP GLOSS EVER!

I have red lips, so I always purchase red lipsticks / glosses.
I find it really annoying that I have to use a lipstick & then a gloss over the top to achieve the color I want to achieve.

BUT,
With this gloss.... It's all in one!
Vibrant color, smooth gloss (never sticky) & it looks amazing on.

I've had many compliments on this when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING lip gloss. It shows in my lips like a BEAUTIFUL hot pink gloss. Makes me feel so pretty and flirtry.
LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this gloss. It is a gorgeous true red (I really can't see any blue or orange. OK maybe a tiiiiiny bit of blue. It's got really lovely micro shimmer in it as well.

I wouldn't say it's opaque, but it's definitely not sheer. I like to wear this either over red lipstick to give it even more oomph or on it own, for a more subtle look.

The Dior Ultra Glosses are a great formula and are pretty moisturizing. The only reason I look one lippie off is because it doesn't last super long. I don't really mind too much though since lip products seem to just wear off me pretty fast in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Words can't describe how much I love this gloss. I went to Sephora with this in mind and when I saw it, it was love at first sight. :) This is a true red with bits of silver glitter -- super tiny, you can't really see it on your lips, it just adds a dimension of shine. It can feel a bit gritty though. It's not sticky at all, but this also means it doesn't last very long (for me). I love combining this with the MUFE aqua lip pencil in 8C. As the other reviewer said, it is super hard to find great red glosses and this one is truly amazing. I also love the Dior brush applicator. Definitely not a gloss you can apply without a mirror though -- it has amazing color payoff. I will absolutely repurchase, and repurchase, and repurchase... ;) NW20 for ref.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am obsessed with red lip color. I am obsessed with glosses. These two obsessions, sadly, had never really been able to come together until I purchased this tube of gloss as a minimally self-indulgent birthday pick-me-up. It is love! A sheer candy apple red with the "flash" finish of this line -- red microglitter -- that somehow manages to *not* look over the top when I wear it during the daytime. It's clearly sparkly, but in a considerably more subdued manner than you'd expect from looking at the product in the tube, however an extra thick slather for evening and it definitely gives some drama. The wear is amazing for a gloss -- especially one that feels so soft and non-sticky -- and it gradually fades down to a balmy-feeling red stain. Stays on lips; no clown mouth. There is some initial, very slight feeling of grit, from the glitter, but it's so soft and yummy feeling otherwise, that it's not even worth a lippie deduction. It is, ultimately, a fabulously dichotomous lip gloss: a bright, glittery, dramatic red that can apply (and certainly wears) effortlessly. The packaging is amazing. Not necessarily in line with my personal aesthetic (I honestly find it rather cheesy) -- a vial of gloss suspended in an acrylic block and topped with a silver knob -- but it's flawless in execution and feels quite sturdy. Would definitely repurchase, and will probably try other colors in the line -- which is saying a lot, because I typically can't bring myself to splurge, with any regularity, on a $27USD tube of lipgloss. Totally worth it. And then some.