December 21, 2014 | 1239 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I immediately fell in love after my little sister told me to try this new mascara she got. I didn't think it would work all that great, but was I wrong! It lengthens lashes perfectly and it also has lengthening properties, I noticed the benefits only work if you use it alone and everyday. It is one of my top mascaras I use, but the new ScandalEYES Rockin' Curves is now my main go to. Love it, but I believe they have better versions of lash accelerator that I will be trying once I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by michellemariem

I love this mascara :) I am blonde with very light lashes that are pretty sparse and pretty invisible without mascara so they very easily can be overwhelmed by mascara clumping and looking goopy...even with the high end mascara and it gets super frustrating! I tried this on a whim and omg I am soooooooooo glad I did...if you like a more natural lash one coat will be fab but I like a more dramatic eye (not clumpy or goopy...thought I was asking too much!) and this mascara with 2 coats makes my eyes pop and they are so much longer - and comes off easily with my makeup wipes...definitely suggest for everyone to try :) My daughter loved it so much it is her 'go to' mascara! I am 42 and she is 16 so it is for all ages! A+ from this family ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by nenaaluvv

it works so well and is even helping my tiny bottom lashes grow. I've used the serum before and I want to repurchase and use them together to see the prime results

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by tamiwamilami

Average on lengthening. I got no volume with the mascara. I am waiting for this to run out and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlusterxo

I bought this mascara a few years ago and remembered then it was great, but I lost it and got another one. A few years later and I was looking for a new mascara when I found this on offer in the local drugstore. Price-wise it was a bargain when on offer, but I don't know what the actual UK RRP is? I find my eyelashes don't do anything, but this product really changed that, it both lengthened and volumised my lashes, I curl them and then add a few coats of this.

I'm now coming to the end of this product, so I'm using it on top of another mascara, and it just gives my lashes that extra length to make them stand out! The packaging is nothing special, but I quite like the shape of the brush, i find it doesn't clump as easy as fibre brushes, and is easier to use on the inside lashes because of it's tapered shape!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Pyxiwulf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this free in a contest. Poor transfer, I have to overload the brush to get anything on my lash. Definitely would never pay for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by poppingloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Love this! Bought it on a friends recommendation and sure glad I did! It makes you lashes very dark (mine are like dark brown/black so that says a lot) and lengthens them like crazy! I also like to put maybelline rocket on top of this one as that mascara is for volume. Overall a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by estrella2421

one of my favorites!!!👍

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lippiereviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, in Australia, prices are high. The RRP of this mascara in Australia is 17.95, if I'm not mistaken. At least, in Priceline. I got mine when all Rimmel mascaras were $10, so it was okay. (I'm not one to splurge on makeup, I'm kind of stingy) Other than that, I think the $17.95 is ridiculous.

For the record, my lashes are pretty short, don't hold a curl and grow on an angle downward. As I was starting off with mascara, I wanted length and didn't really care for volume. I also wanted a smaller, not too big brush so I wouldn't poke myself in the eye as I'm very clumsy.

This mascara has quite flashy packaging with the shiny yellow and black packaging in the sleek oblong like shape. The applicator is plastic, which kind of hurts when I poke myself in the eye, but most people aren't inexperienced, clumsy people like me, so it might not bother you. The brush is smaller than most brushes and slightly tapered I believe.

When first getting the product, I didn't like it at all. The formula was very black and intense, coating every lash which I liked, but the formula was also very wet, and gathered a lot of product at the end of the wand. I didn't see much lengthening or 'fibres' as they claimed. It made my lashes clumpy and spidery when I tried to layer it. I put it aside for two weeks and suddenly decided to come back to it, and I loved it.

The product had dried out slightly, making it a creamier, less liquidy formula. There's less product build up, doesn't make my lashes clumpy and lengthens my lashes. It still retains the black and intense look. It doesn't curl my lashes, but again, my lashes are hard to curl. It dries well, and doesn't make smudges on my glasses. After wearing it for eight hours, I rubbed my eyes cause I was tired, and it smudged black all over my hand and my under eyes.

It smells like typical mascara, and didn't really irritate my super sensitive eyes. It made them sting a tiny bit, or maybe that was cause I poked my eye without knowing it (oops). It is pretty easy to remove, but kind of tugs at my lashes. I don't experience any shedding of eyelashes or anything (or much more than I used to) but I don't notice any of the 'grow complex' formula.

You get quite a lot of product, and doesn't dry out as quick as my other mascaras. I'd recommend it to you!