January 30, 2015 | 1359 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 8:29:00 PM More reviews by fatnoise

Only american mascara that I own, I've been using this mascara for years and it's the only one that works on my stubborn and straight asian lashes. It's super affordable, you can find this at any local drug store and it comes in a waterproof version as well. In terms of the packaging...it's definitely ugly, it's a bright orange and the size of the it is not sleek at all...but how high end looking do you expect from a mascara that retails almost $10? This mascara is the best for east/south east asians because the formula is drier than most mascaras, it only gets spidery when you use too much mascara or there is a lot of excess product on the mascara wand. However, recently I ran out and bought another at walmart...when I tried it, the formula was very wet and it made my curled lashes droop down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BumbleBees77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite mascara. I layer it on top of Clump Crusher to thicken my lashes for a more dramatic look and it also looks great on its own. Adds great volume and length with plenty of pigment to darken. Removes easily with baby oil or cold cream. Will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara. I love the volume it gives my lashes. I have decently thick and long lashes, so I find that most mascaras make my lashes look too separated, which makes them look like they have less volume than they would with nothing on. I think this is a great mascara if the main thing you're looking for is volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the clump-crusher by CG, so I figured I'd give this Volume one a try. Was a big disappointment. Didn't really hold a curl on my lashes. Keeps clumping up every time I use it. Smudges easily if I try using it on my bottom lashes. And doesn't have much staying power, 3 hours at the most before it just fades/wears out. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I am a lash junkie - and like any junkie, too much of something can be your downfall. I went from being able to use almost an mascara and being asked if my lashes were real to craving really, really long lashes and going the extensions route. I tried just about every extension system out there and let's just say after 7 years of wearing extensions, there isn't much left of the real thing. So this past year has been a rebuilding year. I initially fell in love with the Revlon Grow Luscious formula in the sparkly looking green and purple tube (not the original formula, the upgraded one). I love the brush and the buildable volume, but after 2 or 3 tubes, it either stopped working for me, I got a bad tube, or my lashes just no longer like it. It now does nothing for me, so I needed to move on. I had tried the green tube version of this CG mascara years ago when it first came out and thought it was pathetic, so I was very hesitant to try this. I'm sorry I waited so long, this stuff is awesome! It's a mascara that you can build some seriously heavy volume with, so it's not for the faint of heart or someone who wants "natural" looking lashes (which I certainly don't). The formula is a dark glossy black, and it comes off easily enough at night. After I wash my face there is usually some left on my cheeks and under eyes and one sweep of a cotton pad with some baby oil takes it right off. The silcone brush bristles really can grab every last pathetic little lash I have and heap the product on. My only complaint, and I seriously wish they would fix this because then this mascara would literally corner the volume market, is the circumference of the brush: it's way too big and serves no useful purpose. Just because the diameter of a brush is huge doesn't mean it's going to give huge volume, it just makes it harder to work with, especially in the corners. The bristle composition and placement, coupled with the formula, is what's making the volume happen. So I really wish they would just downsize the brush a little and then this mascara would be perfect. If you have skinny little lashes like I do, this mascara is a definite must. And at such a cheap price point, it's definitely a re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this mascara a few years ago and I wasn't impressed. Back then I wasn't using lash primer which makes a world of difference with my lashes. (short, very thin, Asian lashes)
I picked up a tube as it was on sale to see how it would perform with a lash primer and I must say the results are much better.
I don't get the thick lashes that I do when I use Voluminous but Lash Blast doesn't clump like Voluminous can. Overall, the result is reasonably long lashes with decent volume.
I like the 'winged' look this mascara gives me as well.

Staying power is very good although removal takes a bit of effort but it's nothing like trying to remove waterproof mascara.
I can't miss the orange tube in my makeup bag either. (maybe Cover Girl can make the tube a bit smaller?)

Would I repurchase? Most likely.

EDIT to add: this mascara seems to fade by the end of the day. Maybe it's the wax in the list of ingredients and while I still like this mascara, I'm changing the rating to 3.5 lipsticks because a mascara should last all day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remember loving this mascara when I first tried it a couple years ago. I purchased it again recently and I'm just not feeling the love. I really love the lash blast clump crusher -- for the non-clumping and separation alone -- and this wand kind of does the same, but it has zero wow factor. It does give me volume if I wiggle that humongous brush right into my lash line. It just doesn't perform as good as some others I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by 131pinkbirds

My favorite mascara of all time and I've tried at least 25 mascaras. Better than benefit they're real better than any high end. highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My new favourite mascara!

This mascara gives beautiful volume, fanned out lashes, no clumps. Doesn't feel heavy or goopy like some other mascaras. One coat does the job! My only complaint is that the brush is awkward to hold, thus knocking off one star.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Muneequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG mascara! So, so good. I use the washable version because I like being able to wash of my mascara very, very easily at the end of a long day. I have one coat of this on every single time I go out. It does the job really well. When it's a special occasion I build it up by putting on another coat. When I do this people always ask me if I have falsies on!

In all honesty I have naturally curved and relatively long and thick lashes, so a lot of mascaras usually work for me. But this one just beats all that I've used so far. It is easy to apply, doesn't smudge or run at all, buildable, comes in waterproof and washable versions, evens my eyelashes out nicely, and doesn't damage my lashes or cause them to fall.

This mascara is the queen of drugstore mascaras. Probably the only bad thing about it is how inaccessible it is where I'm from (I always buy it online), and how tacky the orange packaging is. Yikes.