Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 7/3/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My number one. I've used many mascaras but I always go back to this one.
Even much more expensive ones don't match up to this one.
I have long lashes and so I often find that other mascaras just make my lashes look even longer but stringy which just looks horrible while this one makes them look plump and thicker.
I won't bother trying any other now. Im a life long devote 😊

on 5/20/2015 10:05:00 PM

My main goal for a mascara is volume and this mascara gave me very little (I do not like having to apply more than 2 coats to acheive this so not sure if I had to keep building up). I like a mascara with more drama and the effect of this one was just too natural for my taste. On a positive note--it didn't flake or clump.

Just a very 'meh' product.

UPDATE 6/20/15--I should know never to judge a mascara 2 days after purchasing--I now really like it! After experimenting, I've found that I am able to build up volume quite nicely by blinking my eyelashes down on top of the wand (held as closely to the bottom of lashes as possible) several times and I do like how my lashes stay separated without clumping together. For instance, I like Miss Manga because of the volume and drama it supplies but it really does clump much more readily and I find myself having to separate the most badly clumped lashes with another tool (which I don't really mind for the effect).

Another huge plus to the Lash Blast Volume is that it holds my curl very, very well.

This is becoming my favorite everyday mascara.

on 4/16/2015 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have long lashes but deep set, small eyes with prominent brow bones. The stubby, short bristles work great because I can coat my lashes but don't get blobs on my brow bone as I normally do with longer brush bristles. No clumping or flaking.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Does NOT work for me at all. The bristles are so incredibly short, it's like just using a stick with mascara and trying to paint your lashes. I got this with a coupon and will give it away to a friend with really long, naturally voluminous lashes because maybe that's who this works for.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice mascara! I purchased it in Target for around 6 dollars. It doesn't flake, smear or take on that crunchy feeling, my lashes feel nice and soft. The brush is super duper thick but I have not had any trouble applying it, even to my bottom lashes. I use it in the black/brown shade. I don't know if any of you are aware of this but there is a technique called "minking". What you do is first put on a coat or two of brown mascara and then a coat or two of black on top of that. This technique will give you thicker, fuller and longer looking lashes. The brown shade thickens them up and the black shade lengthens them. I find I get close to that same effect when I use the black/brown shade, but if you really want to see the results try the brown first and then the black on top. I always keep all three colors in my makeup bag. Minking your lashes will give you gorgeous false looking lashes. Give it a try sometime!

on 3/27/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This review is for the normal version. After using the purple Lash Blast for a long time I tried this one out. I haven't noticed a huge difference between them. I love the giant brush which is a remake of that old Max Factor mascara - I have kind of thin and short lashes and it works well to coat them all the way to the root. The mascara isn't too thick or thin, nor clumpy. It does flake a little bit after a few hours but it's not a huge deal. As far as volume, it does a decent job of that too. My lashes like to lay very flat and this gives them a great amount of lift. Overall I think this is a great product.

on 3/20/2015 9:34:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for YEARS! I've tried my fair share and I have to say that this is my absolute favorite! I love the brush and the formula it is just amazing! I use the waterproof version since I do curl my lashes and I love it! One high end mascara that is closely related is the benefit they're real. But I think benefit's is more volumizing. I highly recommend this!

on 3/17/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There are a few mascaras that I really like. Most of them are HE and quite pricey. One must toss their mascara every 3 months, so spending $30 on a mascara is sometimes something that I really hesitate doing! If I'm not using Le Volume De Chanel or Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes, then I use this pocketbook friendly Cover Girl mascara. The tube is large and in charge - ORANGE! The wand is similar to the Chanel wand. It's rubbery and helps to separate your lashes. I buy the very black and it is a nice black color. It applies well and provides adequate volume to my thin lashes. I always curl them first. I would recommend this mascara as a more affordable alternative to the luxurious, yet pricey mascaras out there. The thickens, lengthens, separates lashes. It does not clump or flake for me.

EDIT: 4/14/15 - I found that by the end of every day my lashes felt dry and my eyes were irritated. It's unfortunate, because this is a more affordable mascara than the others I love (YSL faux cils, Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel le Volume).

This is probably my very favourite mascara. It gives me such full, fluttery looking lashes! The formula is not too dry or too wet, just somewhere in the middle, and you can put on however many coats you want and it never gets clumpy or spidery. My lashes stay looking perfect throughout the day, no flaking or anything. Although the brush is quite big, I find it easy to use and very effective.
It costs about $7 or $8 which is pretty average for a drugstore mascara. I'm not a big fan of the orange coloured tube, but the product is great so that doesn't really matter.

This is ok but not the best it really doesn't live up to its claims at all & there's way to much fallout & clumps

Video Reviews & Tutorials