October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - North Pole

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

NORTH POLE is one of the fragrances in the Yankee Candle Festive Collection and is officially described as being "What holiday dreams are made of . . . a sweet blend of icy cool mint and sugary rich vanilla cream". I just love the combination of the icy and energetic peppermint , with the soft and creamy vanilla undertone - I could eat this candle. My only complaint with this fragrance is that you can't buy it in the UK :(

I've found that the tarts and tea lights throw off a stronger scent than the candles, so I think that they are the better buys.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here. The fragrance lasts as long as the candle does and is strong enough to travel over the house. I even catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Vanilla with some peppermint. Minimally foody but still too foody for me. It's not offensive enough to make me angry that I spent money on it (unlike Soft Blanket) but I wouldn't buy it again. A cozy peppermint scent for Mrs. Claus. I just prefer bracing spearmint scents because I'm a Grinch. :)

Adding: same as BHG Frosty Peppermint Snow. I prefer YC Jack Frost over these two because it has a bit more peppermint and a bit less vanilla.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this!!! I am saving it for the month of December! I'd really like to try this in the Large Tumbler Since that is the most powerful candle of all sizes even the large Jar.

What holiday dreams are made of . . . a sweet blend of icy cool mint and sugary rich vanilla cream.

To me... this is white chocolate with a light vanilla and light candy cane fragrance! what a cool scent. Perfect!

I always burn my candles for 3 hours and trim the wick before I light it each time. Always have a
Illuma-Lid ! I also turn my ceiling fan on and off every 30 minutes to move the scent around more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by classygirl

I have multiple YC's that have a peppermint base. My favorite, by far, is Jack Frost which is heavier on the peppermint, and lighter on the vanilla. North Pole is the opposite. It's heavier on the vanilla and lighter on the peppermint. Regardless, it's a nice, soothing scent if you like the more foody-type, mint scents. I also have Peppermint Swirl and find that to be in between North Pole and JF in terms of peppermint/vanilla combo. They're all lovely though and have rebought many times. Even my husband requests I repurchase them. I've gotten many compliments over the years. I haven't repurchased NP only bc I prefer Jack Frost, but would if JF was discontinued.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice christmas scent. Its vanilla and mint scents mix well together. I gave this as gifts too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lulu12step

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Is it possible to love something inhumanly? THis candle was given to me as a gift (the large jar type) and i light it immediately. I was covered in christmas. Its white jar and cute label make sit an easy gift however the scent may be harder. It is a snow, light peppermint and sugar scent. It smells like pure christmas, no artificials.
Packaging: Easy to open, basic, love the color and label
Price: I hate yankee candle prices! I know its worth it but I cannot stand to waste money ( sorry :( )
Overall: Lovve!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

The snow white candle and label with white lights and candy canes are enough to put you in the spirit. Light the candle and I dare you not to start caroling within minutes!
I bought this last Christmas and went back and bought more within a week. I put tarts and votives in almost every room. Have you ever gone over someone's house for dinner and they have a scented candle that makes the food taste like the candle? North Pole will not do that. Everyone commented on the scent, and loved it. In fact I kept putting out more of this candle all Winter.
Yankee Candle describes this scent as "a sweet blend of icy cool mint and sugary rich vanilla cream"
The sugary rich vanilla cream sounds a little gross to me so I'll keep it accurate and simple...
North Pole is Peppermint bark candy, It is the white chocolate kiss shaped candy sprinkled with Nonpareil that you get at a great local candy shop. North Pole is not sweet or sugary, It is cool peppermint candy cane with just enough of a warm white chocolate twist to make it irresistible.
2012 update: It is the best of all the mint scents Yankee candle has...... Try it and Enjoy!