The Body Shop Passionfruit Cleansing Gel

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/21/2012 11:06:00 PM

I compare this with Clinique's step 1 Gel, and I think all the gels are the same....This one cleans well, just by observing the cotton puff used after step 1, and not much grease wiped out....It really can take the place of Clinique step 1, which is much pricy...

on 11/29/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this a week ago and find out that I have less breakouts. My skin feels really smooth and believe me, this is weird for me. I usually have 2 breakouts a week which leave terrible dark spots. Now, thanks to this gel, I actually look OK without my foundation, in just a week.
Of course I went back and bought the 4 bottles I could find in the store today. It is no longer available on the body shop website.....sad.

on 7/11/2011 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is affordable , smells very nice but this is my first facial cleanser which is not foaming up and i don't think it cleans neighter

on 4/6/2011 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This facial cleanser is amazing. I've tried so many, and I truly believe this gel youwl work for any skintype. The scent on this cleanser is quite great, because its not to strong but fruity and fresh. In Germany they currently have a deal going on, where the 8.4 FL OZ bottle is only 3 Euros. Its as cheap as a drugstore cleanser. Since its such a light gel, I think it would be gread for sensitive and dry skin types, but since it cleans and rinses your face, its also great for oily skin. In the Winter I have normal skin, and my cheeks get really dry, and going in to summer, My T-zone gets realy oily and the rest is normal. I like using this product with a sponge that came in the loreal 360 cleanser, but its just a rubber brush you can find anywhere. I highly recomend this product, if youre looking for something, that is fresh, lightweight, cheap and just great for any skintype. If you have a body shop near you, try it, you have nothing to lose !

on 12/4/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I've been buying from the drugstore trying to find something that will work for my skin type without any luck. I have normal to dry, sensitive not breakout prone skin. So you'd think it would be easy to just wash my face. But it isn't. Everything that has acne medication in it seems to make my skin worse. Ever since I started using this I hardly EVER get pimples and my skin feels moisturized and healthy. I would definitely recommend this to people that ONLY need to wash their face. It wont take off your make up so you'll need makeup remover, or to wash your face twice with this cleanser. I don't wear foundation so it's not an issue for me, but it's obvious how it can be an issue for someone else. I have already bought a backup and it's on sale for $5.99 right on the website! 2 originals for $10. Good price!

on 12/4/2010 12:13:00 AM

The smell is wonderful. THis has reduced my blemishes and pimple almost 50 percent. It is gentle and effective without the drying effect. Hopefully the body shop wont discontinue this becasue it is such a great product. Works great with avene thermal toner and my aloe vera moisturizer. Will update after a week.

on 10/5/2010 6:47:00 AM

I love this. I have very dry skin and this isn't drying at all. Cleanses fairly well, no breakouts, feels refreshing, etc. So far so good. And it's cheap compared to other products by the body shop. 250 ml for under 4.

on 8/7/2010 1:30:00 PM

I really want to like this product. At first, when I tried this, it cleansed my face well and gave a refreshing effect. But soon, I got horrible spots, which I didn't have for ages :(.

When I stopped using it, it was gone after a few days...
So I'm a bit disappointed. Definitely worth a try though because it cleanses well!
Ah well, body shop can't help it.

on 5/29/2010 1:48:00 PM

This cleanser feels very fresh and the smell is so yummy ~
I use it after I wash my face with DHC Oil Cleanser so I'm not sure about it's make-up removing qualities but it does give you a very clean feeling afterwards and doesn't dry me out.
It's Oil Free and doesn't contain harsh chemicals which is a plus.
You do get quite a lot (250mL) with the price you pay for ($17.95AUD).
nice and simple.

Ingredients: Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Passiflora Edulis Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Methylparaben (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 4/9/2010 11:51:00 AM

i would love to be able to recommend The Body Shop products but i must say i've been very disappointed with them. my friend who works there uses the same skin care line and she has amazing skin. i tried this instead of the seaweed face wash and found it too drying and i'm not sure if it was my toner and moisturiser combined also but it seemed to break me out in spots and blackheads. maybe my skin was reacting to the little oil?