August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this product to moisturize my skin - not as a bath oil. I apply it directly out of the shower or bath, on moist skin, and I just love it. I keeps my skin super-soft, absorbs quickly and it smells lovely (light and pleasant, never heavy). I also use it on my hair, on the ends. I have thick, curly hair so this might not work on thinner hair, but it does the trick on mine. I love this product for it's multiple uses and the easy packaging. I found it a bit pricey at first, but then realized I don't use that much of it, even when using it on my body so the value is there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually use this on my hair than on my body. It smells alright although I prefer the smell of the baby bee soap more. It is great for sealing in moisture and does a good job of providing softness. It can be heavy so those with finer hair might want to use caution. On my body I like to use this on my legs. Takes a while to sink in but takes away the ashiness. Worked good when I added it my dd bath water. Overall it is a good product to play around with and don't need to use a lot so the glass bottle will last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sort of on the fence as to whether or not I would buy this oil again. My "baby" is 18 so I didn't buy this to use on any babies in the house but rather to use on my legs and dry skin generally. It is lovely applied onto dried but still damp skin after a bath or shower - very rich and feels very moisturizing. My only issue is the smell - I find it really off-putting. It has that sort of "fake" honey smell that reminds me of some sort of honey/lemon sore throat drops (Strepsils? Cepacol? - something like that). I really don't like the smell at all and, unfortunately, because all the bottles were sealed and there was no "tester" at the pharmacy where I bought this, I couldn't check out the scent before buying. I realize that scent/smell is a highly personal thing but to be honest, I much prefer the smell of cheap old Johnson's Baby Oil, though I much prefer the ingredients in the Burt's Bees. But I think the smell is enough to keep me from repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon this by accident and it is now my HG. I recently had a baby girl and a friend gave us the Baby Bee kit. I put the baby oil in her bath and she always came out smelling and feeling so soft. One day I "borrowed" the oil and slathered it all over my body when I was still wet after showering, and then patted myself dry. I was so impressed with how it moisturized that the next night I thought I would do the same to my face. My skin is very dry and I haven't found a moisturizer that really does the trick without clogging my pores. So after taking off my makeup, and washing with my REN face wash, I rubbed a few drops of the baby oil on my still wet face and patted dry. What a difference! It absorbed instantly and my face felt smooth and soft to the touch. Since it's winter here, and very dry, and I still need to use my moisturizer, but I only a very little. I can imagine that during the summer months, I could probably get by without any moisturizer at all, just sunscreen. I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out at all. In fact, I think the redness in my face has been reduced. The smell isn't overpowering at all, it just hints at its presence. I highly recommend for your baby AND you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely, luxurious oil to keep for use at the end of a shower. I had never really been into the whole body oil thing before trying this based on the reviews, but I think I'm a convert. It feels really convenient to keep this in my shower and just slather it on quickly after toweling off a little. It sinks into the skin just enough that it's comfortable to put on clothes soon after use, while still imparting a nice golden sheen. The scent is delicate and unlikely to clash with any perfumes you use. It's a bit pricey for the size, but I think I'll rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good-enough oil. I like the smell, but it is REALLY overpowering. I suffer from an oversensitive nose, and smells that are just "strong" to some people literally make me nauseous. This one is included. That, combined with the poor package design (glass bottle with a screw-off cap) make this a no-repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a 2oz bottle of this oil in a gift set at my baby shower. I started using it on my feet after showering and saw a huge improvement in texture, specifically on a very dry area on my left heel. I use Avon Foot Works Marine Salt scrub in the shower and apply this oil to my heel after I'm dry. I have been doing this for a month and although there is still a crack in my heel, all of the rough skin around it is now smooth and the crack is much less noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING, but I will start off by saying that it isn't cheap. I bought a tiny bottle of it on sale for $14. However this is the most delicious smelling oil ever! I would buy it for the smell alone! It is so moisturizing and feeels amaaaazing. Would defintely recommend this product if you are looking to treat your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I'm dinking around in the bathroom, looking at my multiple face lotions and creams and potions and whatnot, trying to find something to wake up my face from winter. Then I pick this up, read the ingredients, mentally shrug, and think, "Why not?"

O M G This is FANTASTIC for moisturizing my mostly dry skin. The smell doesn't linger (even though I love it), there are NO greasies, and I swear to God above, my eyelashes are getting longer (I use all over my face). I don't know if it's from the oil or what, but since it's the only thing that I've really changed in the last three months, I can swear up and down that when I put on masacra, my little stubby almost nonexistent lashes actually have some LENGTH to them!

After showering or washing my face, I rub a thin layer all over my face, let it dry about five minutes, then pat off excess if there is any with a damp washcloth. Follow with one of my regular moisturizers (there are many: Oil of Olay original, Clinique Dramatically Different, Redness Solutions, you get the idea) for a bit more matte effect, and voila! My skin is supple, glowing, dewy....and dare I say it? Younger-looking! (I'm a weatherbeaten 40 year old, with dirtbiking/jetskiing/snowboarding/harsh Idaho living on my skin, and I smoke too, bad bad bad)

I have a tiny sample bottle of this from a gift set, and I don't know how long it will last, but when I repurchase, it will probably last me FOREVER...given what I've been paying for anti-aging products in the meantime, this stuff is ULTRA cheap. I can get 3-4 oz of it on ebay for under ten bucks, and ounce for ounce, it's perfect for me right now. Summer is coming, which is short but brutally hot, and the soaring temperatures may make me shelve it for the hot weather, but right now I am in love with this oil. Five lippies!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

i use this every night to take off my eye makeup, smells wonderful i bought mine from target