April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL PRO Extensions

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

my hg mascara. im so in love with this. i use it everyday. it give awesome legnth. lasts all day and the primer really help. im so inlove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this if it wasnt discontinued. It was great. Length, thickening, just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying that, naturally, I'm pretty gifted in the eyelash department. My lashes have decent length and volume with nothing on them. I don't know how this mascara would do on sparse-lashed girls, but on me, it is DIVINE. I like it even better than Covergirl Lash Blast!
XXL Pro Extensions comes with a white primer on one end, which I think gives really good volume. The other end is a regular black mascara, and it gives great length to my lashes! My lashes have never looked better than with this mascara. I'm telling you, they look like falsies!
EDIT: The only teensy complaint I have about this is it smudges when I wear it on my lower lashes. That's no big deal for me, though; I have other mascaras that work in that area that won't smudge. Still love this mascara! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by okrockon

This is usually my go-to mascara, but man! Head's up! Do NOT sleep with this on! I got some in my eyes and it was like glue, first it made it so I couldn't open my eye, then once I could it stuck to my eyeball and made long threads of sticky gunk that I needed to touch my eyeball to get off, and dig out of the pink part of my eye for like an hour afterward. That totally freaked me out! Definitely wash this off asap after coming home. Otherwise it is awesome lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by kalliejane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

XXL Pro Extensions has been my HG for almost a year now and still has yet to let me down! The primer is definately what makes this mascara a 5 star, I use it with my other mascaras as well and it always packs a punch. I have naturally long and curly lashes but have problems with other mascaras clumping and weighing them down as well as smudging-not this one! Long, separated and fanned out lashes everytime. Only drawback (as with any primer) is that if you apply the primer too thick then you can see it through the mascara but I think that only starts to happen when the product starts to dried out and by then you should get a new one anyways ;o)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by deedee258

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the waterproof version. Makes my lashes super long, it's the best primer around. However I follow up with Maybelline's Illegal length fiber extensions waterproof.
To remove the mascara, I use lots of baby oil (only Johnson & Johnson) on a giant cotton ball or pad. A little work and it's gone without losing any lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MyIntuition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Some words of warning... Do not apply the primer if you have a waterproof version of this mascara. You will never get it off without sacrificing some lashes.

I was amazed at how difficult this product was to get off my lashes after my day was threw. I took makeup remover of all sorts in hopes to get it off. Advance two days later and guess what.. I still had dark shadows of leftover mascara under my eyes. Three days and i finally got all residue and goop off.

The lengthening ability to the product is decent. Nothing extreme or amazing.

The packaging is a pain.. It "locks" into place with a gentle motion.. which also leads to being opened in a gentle matter. Not convient for travel. Oh yes and let's talk about the brush.. It's actually really the only feature to this mascara I like. It's a classic mascara brush and wand. Not bendable but certainly workable. It does deliver to much product onto the brush, but just blot the wand on a paper towel and it will remover the unwanted goop.

I think there is again way better products out there then to waste my money in re-buying this mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by scraps

Well, if not for MUA this would not have ever been in my shopping cart,but, based on the reviews I wanted to try it. I cannot believe how well this stuff works. I have NEVER been impressed by a Maybelline mascara EVER but this one is great! I was impressed right off the bat. No clumping, no goop. It went on nice and smooth, seperated my lashes and did extend them. I did not expect much at all. My only complaint are the product chambers are extremely small. It seems you get more of the case and not enough of the product. Perhaps they should sell an extra primer and mascara with it. Other than that WOW is all I can say. Nice one Maybelline!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ogsparklez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the *waterproof* XXL PRO Extensions mascara and it is really nice. It doesn't flake and it lasts all day. I agree with the other reviewers, you do have to be cautious with how much of the white primer you are putting on your eyelashes because then it will make it difficult to cover it with the black mascara and that will cause you to have to use more than you need and the results will leave your lashes very cakey looking. Other than that it is a good formula. My eyelashes really do look longer and the thin brush surely hits almost every strand of hair making them look full. I just wish the formula made my lashes look really thick AND long, but this is fine for now. Also, the price of the mascara matched it's quality, so I won't complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by doofthepeachy

I've gone searching for many different mascaras over the past couple of years. Many don't seem to do much to my eyelashes but this one made them MUCH longer than I expected. When used correctly with the primer, this does give the false lash look. My only problem with it is, just like another reviewer said, sometimes the primer shows through the black mascara. Just don't apply too much of the primer and check to make sure you don't see any on your eyelashes before you leave. But overall, very good product.