November 23, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Primer - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eye Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After my MAC Bare Study Paintpot became all dried out, I began to look for a primer that looked super natural on my lids. During my search, I came across GOSH's Velvet Touch Eye Primer. When I noticed that it came out clear and dried clear, I bought it. I've used it for a few years now, but that's only because I want to use it up instead of throwing it out before it was empty.
My main problem with this product is that it's quite greasy. It goes on and stays somewhat oily on my eyelids. I just don't like that feeling on my lids personally. As for creasing, I find that it can crease sometimes. Truthfully, the only thing I like about this product is the fact that it dries clear on me.
I will finish up this product, but I definitely will not repurchase this product again. It's not the best eye primer in the world. Needless to say, it does not have the "Velvet Touch".

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blegeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my very first eye primer and I only bought it because it was the only available one at the store. I was a little reluctant because I'd read some pretty bad reviews about it, but figured I'd give it a try. I actually found that this product does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to. my eyemakeup smudges faster than when I don't wear any primer at all, especially when wearing heavy eyeshadow. It gets greasy to look at and doesn't stay put. I'd say that if you're wearing light eyemakeup, it works, but that's about it. I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by hlee82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer comes off like little balls while you apply on the skin. By the time you apply make up over it, you have a giant mess. What is the point of applying a primer if it doesn't stick to your skin and comes off? Very bad product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Soffy

First off; I have VERY oily lids. When using this primer I usually smear it on, and wait a 2-10 minutes before applying eyeshadow. It makes the eyeshadow stick on better and it also lasts longer but does not prevent creasing (although I only see creasing at the end of the day, after 7-10 hours of wear). It works the best when used together with a base (either the creamy basesticks made by Gosh or a light eyeshadow.

I wouldn't buy again because I'm sure that there are betterr primers out there, but I got it for free and if you're on a budget it's an okay primer and works wonderfully with loose pigment eyeshadows to keep them from flaking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

I bought this product at Shoppers, when I got help from an assistant. I always have had trouble getting eyeshadow to stay on my eyes. My eyes absorb the product so quickly, that no shadow has a chance.
I gave this product a few tries before I decided to return it. I found it actually made my shadow crease MORE than it did without an eye primer. It made the problem way worse. Needless to say, I returned it.
When I returned it the salesperson sold me a different primer- Stay Don't Stray- which was just as bad. Returning that one tomorrow. Trying out Too Faced next.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product a lot of testing and trial before writing this review, with GOSH on one eyelid, and the other eyelid either bare or primed with a MAC Paint Pot (I know the Paint Pot is more of a base, but it's comparable in cost -- In Canada, both the Paint Pot and GOSH's Primer cost $20). The verdict? GOSH's Eye Primer is a surprisingly poor product. It did absolutely nothing to slow down creasing: with one eye using GOSH and the other eye using nothing, both would show the same amount of creasing at the same time, regardless of the eyeshadow I used.

On the plus side, GOSH's Primer does brighten shadow colours a bit, but I found it also made them more difficult to blend. Shadows that normally went on smooth began pilling on the lid that was primed with GOSH.

The packaging for this product is nice -- it's a little black squeeze tube with a very narrow nozzle, which gives you a lot of control over the amount of product you want. It feels silky smooth, and glides on nicely. These qualities, however, are not enough to make up for the fact that this product is completely worthless when it comes to preventing creasing, which is typically what one would buy it for. If you're going to spend $20 on a primer, there's better primers you use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After using this for 2 weeks strait I feel confident reviewing this. I prefer this e/s primer over UDPP. First of all it feels soft and smooth, and not sticky like other primers. Secondly it allows me to add shadow to my eyes and blend easily as if there was no primer there at all. This is great because with UDPP I cannot apply and blend e/s as easily. With UDPP I'm often left with harsh lines that are difficult to blend in the crease. The downside to this primer is that it does crease after about 10 hours on me, but I wouls still call it a good primer. Without primer my e/s tends to crease after about 3 hours.
I rarely require 10 hours of MU wear. i have not been able to try this in hot/humid/sweaty weather yet, so I will update as needed. For now I really like this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a primer this is very good. The product is a clear gel-like substance. A little goes a loooong way. I think the name velvet touch is very appropriate, it does feel velvety smooth upon application. It doesn't accentuate pores/lines and it's very easy to blend eyeshadow over it (unlike many eyeshadow bases I've tried). The reason I bought this is because I have a deep scar next to my eye that also goes up into my 'outer V'-area. It isn't that visible normally but everytime I applied eyeshadow that went beyond just my eyelid it would look so bad. The eyeshadow would accentuate the scar and the eyeshadow would look blotchy and uneven. But when I wear this underneath my eyeshadow this problem just disappears. The scar is still slightly visible and obviously it's never going to look like it's not there, but it looks soo much better! The eyeshadow doesn't accentuate the scar anymore and my eyeshadow doesn't look uneven. I'm really happy with this, now I can finally do smokey eye looks etc. (:
I don't have wrinkles (yet) so I can't say from experience that it will smooth them out, but if it can smooth out my scar then it certainly should be able to smooth out wrinkles aswell.
For preventing creasing it isn't as good. When I wear this my eyeshadow doesn't crease more (Iike some eyeshadow bases did for me), but it also didn't crease less. It's just neutral.
But as this is a primer and not an eyeshadow base (GOSH make a seperate eyeshadow base) I'm still going to give it 5 lippys, because as a primer it's really good. I've also heard you can use this on your face underneath your concealer, but I haven't tried that yet. When I do I will update.
The packaging is nice aswell. It's a tube with a twist off cap and a very small opening. This makes it easy to squeeze out the right amount (very little). Seeing as you need so little of one tube will last a long time. Therefore it isn't very expensive. I paid around 12 euros.
Overall I'd say that if you need something to smooth out your eye area this is very good. If you want something to prevent creasing I think it would be better to try an actual eyeshadow base.