December 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is seriously my HG product! When I bought this a few months ago I wasn't expecting to like it so much but I needed a cheaper concealer because I go through quite a fair bit. I bought medium cool 03 for my face and shade 02 (not sure of its name) for under my eyes and this combo works great! It literally lasts for 8 hours which is my typical school day and with touch ups it could last a lot longer. The collection pressed powder is also brilliant for setting it. Overall, love the brand and this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mimipoj2811

Brilliant concealer. As with a lot of drugstore/high street makeup brands the shade range is a bit limited. I bought medium which was a little bit too yellow and bought light to try which was too pink. I then bought Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20. I mix the Maybelline concealer with the light shade in the Collection concealer and it's my perfect match. I set with a light dusting of powder and it stays put all day without looking heavy or cake which is important especially under eyes. Definitely recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

I bought this after seeing lots of positive reviews from the YouTube community.. and it's great! I have a few high end concealers that I love and this rivals them. It's very easy to use and blend and the price is excellent. I am a NW15-20 and I have no 1 fair and cool medium, the cool medium is just a tad dark but still blendable. It's very thick and creamy so you only need a tiny amount and the coverage is excellent for spots and dark patches. I use the no 1 fair under my eyes to brighten but it does need setting or it will crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I purchased this a while back based on the positive reviews. It is a full coverage concealer with a thick and creamy consistency. I prefer to use this on my blemishes and acne scars rather than under the eyes because it creases and tends to look a little cakey, and will emphasize lines if you have them. It also has the tendency to cling to dry patches so I wouldn't recommend this to dry skin types either. The colour selection isn't that great and caters mostly towards fair-medium skintones. I will consider repurchasing because I like the coverage it provides and has a good price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by p206p206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

It is my emergency concealer. i usually use MAC studio finish but I don't feel like carrying around my concealer and bruh to do some touch ups if my make up smudges. This concealer gives you full coverage in a good price. I like the packaging (despite what many say about it) because it's easy to put in the handbag. The only downside is colours. I'm usually in NC 15-20 so I got "medium cool 2" its slightly too dark but ok for covering small area. It is blendable. Even if you try to put it on foundation which is already set.
Consistency quite thick as for a liquid concealer. It does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by gemma2802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm only on my first bottle of this, it took me a while to finally buy it after seeing all of the hype, but I definitely regret not buying it sooner as it's amazing. The coverage is brilliant, my dark circles and spots vanish instantly. I do have to set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to make sure it doesn't crease. It lasts all day, I usually only reapply if I have a large spot on my face, but it stays on my under eye area perfectly. I blend it into my skin either with my ring finger or my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The consistency is thick and creamy, with excellent pigmentation and applies very well with the doe foot.
One flaw I'd have to mention is that this can set quite quickly on your face, so that you should need to blend it in almost straight after applying. I'm someone who as a typical aspect of my makeup routine applies concealer to all the places I want to apply and then blends it, so because of this I've had to stop doing that, although I occasionally forget.
There's only 4 shades of this, I use the shade 'Fair', which luckily is a very good match for me. I'd like for Collection to bring out a few more in the range however. I have a dry skin type, which isn't a problem for me at all unlike other concealers.
For 4.19 (Boots retail price), this is an absolute bargain; a little goes a long way and I would not hesitate to repurchase it. With this price, you can't expect to have an amazing looking packaging, however it's not ugly. I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I screw the lid on, some product will occasionally spill out of the lid, which can be a pain if you're using it on the go.
A new essential to me that I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A few years ago, I went to MUA Top Picks to search for the most highly rated concealer, out of sheer desperation and anguish that my current concealers weren't doing a good job, and saw that this was rated #1. However, I was disappointed because I knew that this brand was not available in my area.

Fast forward to beginning of the year. I was walking past a pop-up store for Collection and thought it sounded familiar. Peeked at their product range and saw the concealer on display. Could it be? And it was! Long dramatic story aside, I was overjoyed and proceeded to test the colors available, finally settling on Cool Medium. Even received a 20% off the retail price. Awesome!

I have to say, when I first started applying the concealer with my fingers, I didn't see anything worth raving over... but after I tried blending the formula out with a brush, it looked flawless. I put the concealer to the test -- foundation, concealer, loose powder, blush & contour. Onward to my day. When I returned home ten hours later, the concealer had not budged an inch from where I had applied it on my face. To say I was elated would be an understatement (I'm sure anyone with a combination face feels me on this). From an arm's length away, my undereye area did not look like I had had four hours of sleep and I could barely see my acne scars. Finally!

My complaint would be that the shade range is limited. Four colors? Come on. However, that aside, the staying power is incredible and I did not experience any discomfort or itchiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by violetstarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this product - I've been buying it for about seven years now! Easy to apply and blend, high coverage and lasts all day and night. It also lasts very well as you only need a tiny dot of it to cover several spots. I've used this to cover acne many times and it never irritates or worsens it. Also works perfectly as an under eye brightener.
I see that many people with more dry skin have not got on with it, my skin is very oily so perhaps it's better suited to oily types.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ladypunx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best (& cheapest!) concealer I've tried yet. Formula is creamy, highly pigmented & gives great coverage. One thing I would say though is always make sure your skin is well moisturised before application, as sometimes the product can get a little cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It has good coverage but it dries to my skin and looks cakey
Writing rubs of within a week, colour range is poor
overall not my favourite concealer and will not be purchasing again