July 31, 2014 | 2046 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Mummy May I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I absolutely adore this shade! I'm a big glitter fan, so when I saw this being released, I was all over it even before seeing it in person. On a whim, I ordered 2 figuring a deep fuschia/purple glitter would be worthy of having a back up ... and was I ever right!!

This on it's own requires a few coats to go opaque ... but application is flawless as with most China Glaze polishes, and where this really shines is as a layering shade over a complimentary color. All in all .... I love this one. Another winner from China Glaze! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mostly just wasn't what I expected. Super sheer and doesn't build as well as I would like, and the color . . . while it may be unique, ultimately I'm not so sure it's worth it. I was expecting something more shimmery and with more depth. Ultimately, I may be the one at fault, though. More and more I'm starting to supsect that I only think I like dark colors. I own a bunch, but I always seem to be wearing bright colors or the occasional pastel. The only dark color I own and actually reach for regularly is Zoya's Valerie.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not big on glitter but when this Halloween 3-pack went on clearance I had to have it. Alone this color is alright; over CG Grape Pop it's amazing. I haven't noticed any unusual chipping or wear and tear with this color; but I do use a top coat over it. I don't wear it enough that I would repurchase a full price. Clearance probably

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

This is a really unique color, but a crappy formula. It chips like crazy! I had obvious wear the next day and I hadn't done anything with my hands other than make myself something to eat and sit around the house. I get the impression that since this is a Halloween polish, they excepted everyone to remove it the day after and so there was no point in making a long wearing formula. I disagree because this could have been a go to polish for me year round. Not anymore. It is also hard to remove and textured after it dries. The only good thing about it is the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by jaybirdiscrafty

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Black base with purple glitter. My favorite of the 3 from the collection. Application was good. Did have wear and chipping. Very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Weird application and chips fast but definitely worth it for the color (very dark vampy purple base with fushcia glitter). Pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This colour is a beautiful and unique shade. It's a chunky, square purple glitter suspended in a deep plum, almost black base. I generally use 3 coats for complete opacity and to achieve an even spread of glitter across my nail. That goes without saying that the surface of my nail becomes extremely bumpy.

I don't know about you, but I HATE bumpy nails- I find that they don't reflect light nicely and they're gritty. I had to apply 3 coats of my top coat just to even it out. My manicure lasted 7 days with zero, and I mean ZERO wear, even at the tips.

Like most glitters, it was a pain to remove, but well worth it, as the final product is stunning, indoors and in natural lighting.

In summary:

Formula: 3/5
Durability: 5/5
Colour: 5/5

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by girlwiththecrappypram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely color...for the 12 hrs it stayed on my nails. At 8pm I applied 2 coats with Seche base and QD top coats...at 8am when I was drying my hair it was completely flaking off my nails. Massive fail. Thankfully I only paid 1.89 for it at Sallys. I haven't had this issue with other CG polishes, but this was just horrid.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by crookedXreaction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, this polish is gorgeous. It had a fine application... nothing to write home about, but it was fine. I put this on my toes and it chipped probably in two or three days. That's a little ridiculous for me considering my toenail polish can last three weeks without looking chipped or worn. I applied a topcoat as well as a basecoat but the wear was awful on this polish as well as on ick-a-bod-y which i applied on my hands. I never usually have chipping problems with China Glaze, but these were bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Pinkprincess1220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the color but not the texture. I never have a chipping issue with any of my other china glaze polishes but after a day or 2 I start to get chipping, I use orly bonder and orly sec n dry with all of my polishes I dont think I will be buy jelly polishes again