August 28, 2014 | 1601 users online

Lip Treatments - Balance Me - hydrating rose otto & shea butter salve

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by FloraGreen

Awful product - like a few of the other reviews say, this really dried out my lips, leaving them chapped and sore.

Smells foul, really don't like the smell of any of their products, very synthetic and nasty.

Waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. Probably the worst lipbalm I've ever had. I was so excited to get this because of the hype around Balance Me (can't believe it isn't listed here as a brand??) and the pretty tube. Plus I love everything rose scented. This just sat on my lips and never sunk in. Lips were left coated yet still dry. Very weird, never tried this before. It did give a good glossy sheen, but in this gross filmy way. Passed it along to my sis, she didn't like it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by racheldenison

This is a horrible product, and to think i paid 8 for it! The rose smell is so strong and disgusting, it is moisturising for about 1 minute then lips go dry again. If you want to use it over a lipstick as a gloss, then this product works fine. But, if like me you want a luxury moisturing product, stay away!! A 90p tin of vaseline works 10 times better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sapphire333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The first thing I noticed is it has an usual smell which kind of reminds me of roses and some kind or herb or plant - some people may find it offputting. I didn't find there was a taste to the product when I was wearing it and it felt smooth on my lips. It is a thick texture that squeezes out of the tube, but doesn't feel too heavy. The packaging doesn't really stand out for me and looks a bit cheap. I found that it did moisturise my lips a lot and made them very smooth, but there was nothing outstanding about it. I usually use it as a smoothing base before using lipstick because of its texture. I got this product free in a magazine, but probably won't purchase it once I've run out since it's quite expensive for just for 10ml of product and doesn't seem to be much different to cheaper lip salves.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

a bit thick and tacky for me, tasted foul and ended up wiping it off as couldnt stand the taste/smell/texture. i got it as a free gift with a magazine though so not too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product. I often get dry lips from work because of the air con and I used this and literally after the first application my lips were soft and not cracked. It's not sticky but it is hydrating. This fragrance is kind of pongy. I like the rose scent but there is an ever so slight whiff of mould. I know I'm probably the only one noticing this. I know a lot of old women wear a perfume that reminds me of mould, and this tastes/smells like that. It's probably some kind of plant ingredient but I'm not keen on it as a fragrance. But it's kind of interesting and earthy. It's not 100% like mould. I don't know, I'm rambling on a bit and it's really not that bad. You'll probably recognize it as a plant smell, not mould. That's just me. I would like this formula to be a little richer. You know when you get some lipglosses that are so rich they sort of pull at your lips when you move the applicator around? That's what I've been searching for. But this is a fair alternative. I'll be taking this on my summer holiday. I'm not sure what the difference between a gloss and a salve is, but I think it's pretty much the same, with a different name to get you to think 'Ooh, I haven't got a salve' and buy it in addition. I got this with Glamour magazine, but I know it's pretty expensive to buy. I'm not that big on it though so I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by yferdaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amazing stuff! I've had cracked and dry lips all winter and tried everything but I would end back at square 1 again. I used this lip salve for a couple of days and voila! Soft and supple lips again yay!!! It comes in a squeezy tube which is perfect for hygiene. You only need a tiny amount and it uber moisturising. It can become greasy if you use more. I don't usually buy things with a rose scent (don't really fancy it) but this isn't overwhelming. It's quite subtle. I also use it as a substitute lipgloss. First i use the lip salve and then a matte lipstick on top and it looks fab! It may seem expensive (8 a pop) but considering Elizabeth Ardens eight hour lip balm is 19 and didn't work for me, I'd say this is a real bargain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Organic, environmentally friendly, natural ingredients, yummy. This stuff is expensive, but my, you get a lot for your money and it's incredibly rich - it's going to last me for ever!

Squeeze a bit out and It's quite thin looking, but it's incredibly emollient and really softening. Feels a tad greasy on your fingertips but not at all on the lips, where it matters. It sinks right in. I would not use this as an every day lip balm, it is definitely more of a treatment, something to apply before bed perhaps for rose scented dreams, or on a lazy Sunday when you are not leaving the house and want a bit of a pamper. It's incredibly soothing and luxuriant.

The otto of roses smell is a real surprise - when you first put this on you can really taste it, but it's more like an extension of the scent than a flavour - difficult to describe. It fades quickly to a subtle rose scent. It is very unusual and I suspect it might be a bit of a love or hate thing - personally I love it. There is a hint of a beeswax taste which I am not mad about, losing it one lippy, but I can live with it for the wonderful softness this stuff gives to my lips.

If you want wonderfully soft rose petal lips, this stuff does the trick.