Alba Botanica ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel

3.5

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Active: 2% Salicylic acid Other: Aqua (water), glycerin, sd alcohol 40-b, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (1), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, hydroxyethylcellulose , spiraea ulmaria extract, lens esculenta (lentil) fruit extract, arnica montana flower extract (1), camellia sinensis leaf extract (1), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (1), calendula officinalis flower extract (1), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract (1), glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) rhizome/root, salix alba (willow) bark extract, citral, limonene, linalool, fragrance (parfum) (2)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really, really don't like this. I've tried using it overnight numerous times and it has made no difference in any pimple. Not a single one. Today I tried it after washing my face and when I put it on a pimple on my forehead, it burned so badly I thought I was going to pass out! I dunked my head in the sink it was so awful. Now I'm sitting here and my forehead isn't stinging anymore, but I can still feel where the gel was and I'm getting waves of heat rushing to it...not sure what all of this was about but I'm not using it again.

on 7/14/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this for those once in a while breakouts due to PMS or heavy zinc oxide sunscreens and it really works for me. I put a bit on and the pimples are diminished usually overnight. It does not take them away entirely nor does any other treatment that I know of really. It is a good product and I would say it from my personal experience it works for me!

on 1/2/2015 4:59:00 PM

Wanted a more natural bha which is why I tried this.. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working..come to find out the ph is not right for the SA to even work. Also, it smells like acetone. Seriously, very stinging and harsh. Disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this gel. I recently tried to swich to a different SA gel, and immediately went back to the Alba one. Because of the alcohol in the product, it does sting a bit when I put it on. However, after using it on a nightly basis for months, I have no bad reaction whatsoever. It seriously calms down the non-inflamed whiteheads I get under my jaw AND it smells amazing! It has bergamot and some other EO's for fragrance.

The package is also well-designed. Because it's made to be stored upside-down, it's easy to get all the product out.

on 12/11/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been having an awful time with breakouts lately. I tried an asprin mask and it worked okay, but it's not something I can use as an overnight treatment (it just rubs off on the pillow). So I picked up the Invisible Treatment Gel at my grocery store for around $5 and it worked wonders. Overnight it made a huge improvement in the redness/swelling around my pimples. I am so pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/7/2013 2:29:00 AM

I got this product at whole foods, after a really bad breakout (Due to the clarisonic)
I loved the fact that it was all natural and so i had high hopes.
On the label it says it treats the pimple overnight or at least the swelling goes down and the size.
I tried this product every night , and followed the directions for at least 2 weeks.
Nothing happened and it didn't work.
Not even on one pimple.
Once the gel dries, it kinda gets crusty on that spot, and your skin feels still. Be careful not to touch it or rub it against something because the gel will come off really easily.
The thing i actually liked about this product is how natural it was and how it felt on my skin. It's clear gel so you can't even tell you have it on. The packaging is really neat, you just squeeze out the product onto your finger and put it on your skin.
Instantly you feel the tingling/burning sensation on your skin.
The burning feeling is not that bad it goes away in like a minute, that sensation makes you think it's gonna work, but it doesn't.
Now this may have worked for other people, but it just didn't for me, and i have no idea why.

on 7/27/2012 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i've been using this product for over a year now. i bought it on a whim (VERY RARE for me) when i was going through a bout of break out. now heed my warning. this is a SPOT TREATMENT. meaning that it is not the answer to all the acne you will ever get. i feel it works a lot better when you concentrate it on one or 2 blemishes (not a black head, a red spot or a white head) instead of spreading all over your face. all in all i really like this product. it works fast on whiteheads. i've seen reduction in a pimple in as little as 3 hours. i really am glad i gave it a go. it's become one of my favorite spot treatments. i can always depend on it to zap away a blemish by the time i wake up.

on 6/21/2011 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The main reason I like this spot treatment is because of how it looks and feels on my face. It doesn't dry all crusty so that I can't move my face and it doesn't dry into a noticeably shiny spot on my face. I can put this on my pimples day or night and not worry about that layer of salicylic acid cracking or something. I've put powder foundation over it after it's dried and it seems to still do that job. Although it does not bring my instant results (if you know something that does, tell me!), it really does help. If it's a deep pimple or one that's about to blow, it definitely helps bring that thing down a notch.

on 3/10/2011 1:31:00 PM

I recently broke out due to a new face primer I started using. So I bought this product, the packaging isn't so great, alot of product came out when I barely squeezed it. When I applied it on my face it did burn a little but I like that feeling, I might be weird but I do. I use alot of chemical peels so im used to that feeling. The next morning there was a big improvement, the size had gone down almost completly, and they didn't hurt anymore. Im really happy with this product, I would buy again!=)

on 1/30/2011 2:04:00 PM

there are two different reviews for this product on this site but that's besides the point. I bought this because I could not find the Burt's bee's spot treatment acne at my Walmart (they were restocking but now its back! yay). So i decided to give this a try before reading any kind of review for it. I have to say that I will go back to my Burt's bee's one because its ten times better. This one burns/itches like crazy when you apply it on a pimple and on top of that it does not even make the pimple go away. I have to say that if you have a big zit it will definitely reduce the size but I have noticed that the pimple never really disappears it just remains smaller then the original size (the first application is when you see the size reduction but after using it again nothing happens to the pimple). Which I mean I bought this because I wanted it to get rid of the pimple not just make it less noticeable. Not only that but the packaging sucks. when you squeeze it you can't just get a small amount a whole glop of it just oozes out no matter how much I try to control it.
So would I buy this again. No. if you want to go the natural route with your acne treatment (and you just want spot treatment) I would suggest the burt's bee's spot treatment acne. its way better a little pricier but it actually works.

by the way I have been using this for a month now and the pimples that I had a month ago are still there. I don't know about you guys but if I don't put treatment on my acne they just don't go away so that's how I know that this product def. did not work.

Popular Treatments (Face)