October 31, 2014 | 1513 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alba Botanica - ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gel. I recently tried to swich to a different SA gel, and immediately went back to the Alba one. Because of the alcohol in the product, it does sting a bit when I put it on. However, after using it on a nightly basis for months, I have no bad reaction whatsoever. It seriously calms down the non-inflamed whiteheads I get under my jaw AND it smells amazing! It has bergamot and some other EO's for fragrance.

The package is also well-designed. Because it's made to be stored upside-down, it's easy to get all the product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been having an awful time with breakouts lately. I tried an asprin mask and it worked okay, but it's not something I can use as an overnight treatment (it just rubs off on the pillow). So I picked up the Invisible Treatment Gel at my grocery store for around $5 and it worked wonders. Overnight it made a huge improvement in the redness/swelling around my pimples. I am so pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by xshado

I got this product at whole foods, after a really bad breakout (Due to the clarisonic)
I loved the fact that it was all natural and so i had high hopes.
On the label it says it treats the pimple overnight or at least the swelling goes down and the size.
I tried this product every night , and followed the directions for at least 2 weeks.
Nothing happened and it didn't work.
Not even on one pimple.
Once the gel dries, it kinda gets crusty on that spot, and your skin feels still. Be careful not to touch it or rub it against something because the gel will come off really easily.
The thing i actually liked about this product is how natural it was and how it felt on my skin. It's clear gel so you can't even tell you have it on. The packaging is really neat, you just squeeze out the product onto your finger and put it on your skin.
Instantly you feel the tingling/burning sensation on your skin.
The burning feeling is not that bad it goes away in like a minute, that sensation makes you think it's gonna work, but it doesn't.
Now this may have worked for other people, but it just didn't for me, and i have no idea why.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by kaceywacey

The main reason I like this spot treatment is because of how it looks and feels on my face. It doesn't dry all crusty so that I can't move my face and it doesn't dry into a noticeably shiny spot on my face. I can put this on my pimples day or night and not worry about that layer of salicylic acid cracking or something. I've put powder foundation over it after it's dried and it seems to still do that job. Although it does not bring my instant results (if you know something that does, tell me!), it really does help. If it's a deep pimple or one that's about to blow, it definitely helps bring that thing down a notch.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently broke out due to a new face primer I started using. So I bought this product, the packaging isn't so great, alot of product came out when I barely squeezed it. When I applied it on my face it did burn a little but I like that feeling, I might be weird but I do. I use alot of chemical peels so im used to that feeling. The next morning there was a big improvement, the size had gone down almost completly, and they didn't hurt anymore. Im really happy with this product, I would buy again!=)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by beauty702

there are two different reviews for this product on this site but that's besides the point. I bought this because I could not find the Burt's bee's spot treatment acne at my Walmart (they were restocking but now its back! yay). So i decided to give this a try before reading any kind of review for it. I have to say that I will go back to my Burt's bee's one because its ten times better. This one burns/itches like crazy when you apply it on a pimple and on top of that it does not even make the pimple go away. I have to say that if you have a big zit it will definitely reduce the size but I have noticed that the pimple never really disappears it just remains smaller then the original size (the first application is when you see the size reduction but after using it again nothing happens to the pimple). Which I mean I bought this because I wanted it to get rid of the pimple not just make it less noticeable. Not only that but the packaging sucks. when you squeeze it you can't just get a small amount a whole glop of it just oozes out no matter how much I try to control it.
So would I buy this again. No. if you want to go the natural route with your acne treatment (and you just want spot treatment) I would suggest the burt's bee's spot treatment acne. its way better a little pricier but it actually works.

by the way I have been using this for a month now and the pimples that I had a month ago are still there. I don't know about you guys but if I don't put treatment on my acne they just don't go away so that's how I know that this product def. did not work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

AMAZING. this beats clean&clear's and neutrogena's spot treatments, and any drug store spot treatments I have ever used. It promises to get rid of or lessen the pimple in 4 hours, and it keeps it promise for good.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by herehereandhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the Alba line so I was stoked when they came out with acne products. I'm 21 and I STILL suffer from acne, mainly hormonal. I don't have super bad skin, but enough to make me want to improve it. I bought the whole Alba Acnedote skincare system and used it diligently for about 3.5 weeks. I WAS NOT impressed. This gel has a great consistency and isn't bad under makeup but it did nothing to really clear up my acne. In fact, my skin has gotten worse since using these products and I don't understand why because they are organic and chemical free. I had a horrible reaction to the face & body scrub, broke out in hives all over my arms, back and face. After the cleanser and astrigent broke me out I got a huge cystic, under the surface pimple on my nose. I put this on for 3 days and saw absolutely NO change in the size or redness of the pimple. My advice is to simply avoid this whole Acnedote line and just stick to the normal alba products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I have used this product several times now but I will update as the months go by.

The texture is amazing! I was looking for a gel because I knew it would be easy to spread around without leaving a residue. This mattifies the skin as it dissolves quickly. The packing is a tube that goes to a pointed applicator/dispenser so its really sanitary. I didn't notice a smell the first several times I used it but now its kinda rubbing alcohol like. But I don't believe this has any in it.

Love how it controls my oily skin, spreads, how it contains no "yucky" ingredients, no animal testing, and great packaging!

This is a salicylic acid treatment. My skin always purges when using salicylic acid but then its clear. This usually for me lasts the first couple of weeks so I will update as I reach weeks 3,4 and so on!

Update: I've had one of those cystic acne pimples on the side of my nose. You know those horrible, underground things that inflame and redden the whole area around it? I've doused it with everything I had Blemish Therapy from BE, benxoyl peroxide treatment, sulfur mask etc. It was one of those stubborn ones. I treated the spot with this Alba product twice a day and it is gone! Didn't leave a mark or a pimple it is just gone. Now I don't know if it was on its way out or if it was this for sure but there is literally no pimple from this underground volcano of a pimple! LOL.

UPDATE#2: I've decided to move on to another product. This one just smells too much like rubbing alcohol. I don't think this has rubbing alcohol in it but a different form that is used in skin care products as a disinfectant for acne prone skin. I may return to this though because its so natural.