September 17, 2014 | 1819 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Boots - Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

I have used this eye cream for a year now.

This cream hasn't reduced any puffiness or dark circles I have.

The antioxidant ingredients in here may have prevented any more fine lines under my eyes occurring. But in terms of reducing small lines I already have, not so much.

This cream does keep my under eye area quite soft, but its moisturizing effect does not last long as some other eye creams I've tried.

Although its price and SPF is a plus, I am not completely won over.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by woopibaby

I purchased this product simply because I was looking for an inexpensive eye cream. I saw this in my local Boots and from reading the packaging thought it looked good and was worth a try, for under €5 I couldn't say no. I was dying to get home and use it!

I tried it and I actually like the formulation of the product, it doesn't really have a scent that I recall but I enjoyed using it first time. However, then it started to make my eyes puffy and a bit swollen :( I rarely experience any type of reaction like this to products so I was pretty bummed when this happened. However me being the persistent and wanting to get my moneys worth I tried it maybe 3 times after.. same thing happened again!

If it didn't cause my eyes to swell I would say this is a good product because it does moisturise well but it did cause swelling unfortunately. Some people seem to be finding it good and that's great for them if it works! But for me this is ick. I'd rather shop around for something that doesn't make my eyes swell.. so the search for me continues!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. Super cheap & really moisturising. The SPF is a HUGE bonus too! Boots regularly have their Vitamin E range on 3 for 2 making it even cheaper as well. I was using another eye cream which was very moisturising (I have a dry eye area) but it was making my eye make-up slide off even with a primer. I've never had that problem with this cream. Definite repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Worst eye cream ever! I've tried quite a few eye creams in the past but can honestly say this is the worst one ever! I find the formula far too thick which makes the cream difficult to spread under the eye area, which meant I had to rub it in quite hard - not what you want to do to the delicate skin under your eye! The fact that I've only used it twice and that it sits in the bottom of my make-up bag says it all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I've tried various other eye creams in the past, from the very expensive to the rediculously cheap, but none of them have ever really done what I wanted them to. So when I read the reviews on the Boots website for this eye cream I thought I would give it a go. And I'm SO GLAD I did! I've been using this now for just over 4 weeks and I can honestly say I have seen a definite improvement in my undereye area. My dark circles have reduced massively, and although not gone completely, look far better than they did before. I've also noticed an improvement in the appearance of the fine lines which had begun to develop around my eyes too. It's easy to use and a little goes a long way. It has a nice, rich consistency but sinks into the skin very well and doesn't leave any nasty residue or make your face feel like an oil slick. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for an effectve eye cream on a budget or just wants an eye cream that actually works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

for my sensitive eyes, this is a wonderful moisturizer. while i'm not trying to address any lines or dark circles (as i don't think you can really do that topically with store bought products sans ahas) it certainly does what i'd hoped for out of an eye-area moisturizer. it sinks in quickly and does not lend to creasing once makeup is applied.

this does not burn, sting, smell strongly or strange, nor does it leave skin feeling greasy or parched. it has spf 15 which isn't much but it's certainly better than none at all.

didn't expect much from this to be honest, as it's boots brand (which is hit or miss) and it's not very expensive. i also thought i'd go through the tiny tube in a couple of weeks. this tube, with 3-4 times weekly use, has lasted me over 5 months and it's still going.

very pleasantly surprised by this product and will continue to repurchase. in fact it's got me curious to try the rest of their vitamin e line.

well done boots. this really is gentle, moisturizing, and very affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by charlpoploleh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I found this product great! I've tried quite a few eye creams that claim to reduce dark shadows, and none have been good, however this product did actually make a difference. Applying before bed and before make-up seemed to do the trick, especially as it's gentle, which is a huge plus for me as I have sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. I've found that some products have caused my skin to become hot and irritated for a few minutes after use, but this cream was completely fine and I found no adverse reactions. It is also very cheap and last for quite a while. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for a moisturising eye cream, this is definitely not the one. It's very cheap, which is brilliant, but that's just about it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jelliedashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this eye cream while browsing boots for some bargains! This certainly was a bargain, sadly it is no good for dry sensitive skin! I used it every night for a week, I have to say it did make my dark circles a little smaller and my eyes looked brighter :-) Sadly when i touched my eyes or applied make up I found that my eyelids were rough and sensitive :-( I guess I gave it a go though, it would probably be great for someone with less dehydrated skin ( I have very dehydrated skin however much I moisturise!) so if you don't its defo worth a try! However I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye cream is a brilliant little find. It was 2.50 and is as good as the best of the expensive eye creams I've tried. It has SPF 15, and contains shea butter and wheatgerm oil, but isn't greasy at all on me. Just properly moisturising.
It comes in a lovely hygienic tube, so it's easy to dispense the right amount and i don't have to stick my fingers in a yukky jar. The cream soaks in easily and doesn't leave the skin too tacky. It moisturises just the right amount and isn't oily so doesn't make my makeup run. Makeup sits well over it.
The cream is a pale beige colour but doesn't leave any colour on your skin. It hasn't really made my dark circles lighter but I've never found an eye cream that did!
Not sure how it is on puffiness as my eyes don't tend to get that puffy.
I wear contact lenses and have quite sensitive eyes, and this cream hasn't bothered them at all. I've been using it twice a day for a couple of months with no problems.
I'm struggling to find anything negative to say about this eye cream, other than it doesn't magically rid me of my 'I've been repeatedly punched in the face' dark circles. It doesn't have any 'miracle' anti-ageing ingredients in it that I'm aware of, but again, I'm yet to be convinced that any of those things work anyway.
And it was so cheap! Will definitely repurchase - several at once I should think!