August 23, 2014 | 989 users online

Hair Treatments - Pantene - Pro-V Medium-Thick Hair Solutions Silkening Detangler

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought this for the 3rd time. I really like it. It helps detangle my hair well and it's not expensive. I use it whether I straighten my hair or wear it naturally wavy/curly. I like the smell and think the amount is worth the price. I've used some Oscar Blondie "miracle" leave in that was almost $30 and that did nothing for my hair. I don't even see it on the market anymore. I've used some other drugstore brands but this is my HG leave in.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this leave in conditioner/detangler! I've tried them all...this one is a keeper! It doesnt weight hair down and still lets me volumize. Leaves my hair nice and manageable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I almost never re-purchase hair products, because they all seem to work the same for me: close, but no cigar. Until I found this spray. At first, I wasn't that impressed with it, aside from the smell (which is amazing, so clean and fresh), it didn't seem to do much. One day I forgot to use my argan oil treatment and only used the Pantene spray and WOW. My hair felt like silk and was more manageable than it had been in ages! I have thick, very wavy hair that I blow out every other day because I prefer it straight, and this spray smoothes my hair so much that I only have to use my instyler for a couple of minutes and I have a smooth, silky, shiny blowout with much less work than normal. Usually I have to blow dry, use the instyler, flat iron, and then curl the ends. No more! Plus, my hair doesn't seem to be getting as oily the second day. I think this is because I stopped using the argan oil treatment and opted for this lightweight spray instead. I got it on clearance at Walgreens for $2, so I really hope they aren't going to discontinue it! If so, I will stockpile!

A note to those who said it doesnt actually help with tangles, try this. Brush your hair out before you wash and condition, then spray this into wet hair and start combing from the bottom up. That has really helped me. I used to tug at my hair from the crown, and would create a ton of breakage. Starting from the bottom is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been really indecisive about this product since I first purchased it over a year ago. When I first bought it, I think I just meant to use it as a leave-in conditioner of sorts. I really just picked it up on a whim. I then used it for a while, and eventually just stopped using it in my regular routine.

Over last summer, I decided to start using the product again to finish it, if nothing more. I've never noticed this making my hair greasy or weighing it down. But I also don't notice it making it silkier or nicer, since I generally always wear other hair products after using this.

I do however find that this makes it very easy to comb through my hair after a shower. I have naturally curly/wavy hair, so the only time I manage to comb through my hair is after I use conditioner in the shower, and then once again after I spray this on after letting my hair dry in a towel for about 10 minutes after a shower.

I think I appreciate this product a lot more now that I notice what it does and helps with. It smells nice, and lasts a really long time. I use about 3 or 4 spritz on the bottom half of my hair and really love it. I may try another drugstore detangler or just stick to this in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have really long, thick hair and since it's so thick it tangles very easily. This is such an awesome product as I'm on my third bottle because it does wonders for untangling my hair. I use it every day just spritzing it all over. It smells great and leaves my hair very silky, just as the bottle says. I've never experienced it leaving my hair greasy, mostly because I don't use a lot of it on the top of my head because it doesn't need it there. I concentrate more towards the middle and ends of my hair.

It does a pretty good job at slightly controlling frizz too. I wouldn't use this as a substitute for your frizz serum, but I think the "light conditioning" it says on the bottle does give your hair some control over the frizz. And it's super cheap for a great product. I get mine at Walmart for about $4-5. You can find this anywhere! I just wish it came in a bigger bottle. Buy it, try it, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by joyyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product diligently for the past 1 and half years. At first, I did not see any noticeable results, but I persisted because I don't like to waste products. As long as my hair is not getting worse, I will use a product until I finish it. After about 5 month, I noticed my hair is silkier and less tangle prone. So, I decided to keep using it and my hair got a lot smoother and conditioned than when I started using this product. This product takes some patience because I did not see any significant results until I almost finished the first bottle. Now I am on my 3rd bottle, and I have to say my hair is a lot more manageable.
I use this after I towel dry my hair. I spritz about 6-7 times per side, concentrating on the ends. I only spritz once or twice near the top of my head but never right on top. Even though this product is super light, I don't like the greasy feel of my hair after a long, sweaty day, so I try to avoid getting greasy hair for as long as possible. I just let my hair air dry after. I have to say this product really pays off if used continuously. I find it more rewarding than those products that makes your hair feel good as long as the product is in your hair. I feel like this actually improves your hair itself overtime due to its light (very light) conditioning property and less tangles means less breakage and frizz. Slowly but surely, my hair texture is getting better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by genevabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Yaaay I love this stuff! Best hair detangler out there! And its soooo cheap! 4 Bucks at WalMart. However, it is not a conditioning product like it says. Looking at the ingredients I saw nothing moisturizing, like argan oil or olive oil. But that's ok bc it works so well as a detangler on my long, thick, curly hair it literally "silkens" my strands and makes knots fall loose. What I do is I just spray some leave in conditioner in my hair before I use this to detangle it. Also this stuff makes my hair shiny =D and, it smells so lovely. I dont find it to be greasy unless you over do it, so just don't over do it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by heyjulie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

pantenes old, classic detangler (before they reformulated) was my HG for many years and the only thing that i would reepurchase. However, having run out of my old bottle, i chose to buy the new formulation because i figured that the new formulation must be better than the old one. well, it isint. My hair tangles easily and with 1-2 sprays on the knot with the old formulation i was able to comb through my hair with no fuss. I feel like i have to spray the whole bottle on my knots now for it to work. It's not as conditioning and detangling as it was before, and that is really dissapointing because that was one of the main reasons why i loved the old formulation so much. So, if your hair tangles very easily, like mine, i would say to skip this and try something else. i will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

First of all, I am a product junkie, and I love trying new things. I was excited about the new Pantene Curly Hair Solutions Series, and was excited to pick a few things up. I wanted to get the detangler for curly hair, but my CVS doesn't carry the whole line, so I picked up this one instead.

My Hair: Long, medium-thick, lots of it, very curly (3B highlighter sized ringlets) very, very dry, damaged, prone to breakage and frizz, overly color treated

As most of you curly girls already know, brushing curly hair while dry is a big no-no. I use this as night before I go to bed. I spray a ton in my hair - like 30 sprays - to get my hair damp. I then brush it thought with a paddle brush and then put it in a braid so that my hair isn't a rats nest by the morning. It works great for that. It is slightly conditioning, like it is marketed to be, but is i not enough for my very dry hair. I use a very thick, creamy leave in in the morning, so for my uses it works well.

Unlike what another review suggested, I think it is a huge step up from just plain old water. When I take my hair out of the braid in the morning, it is very silky (hence, their silkening claims) and smooth and shiny. I just cant stop running my fingers through my hair - it's so healthy feeling.

Another way I like to use it is as a refresher or re-styler. If my curls start to fall or get frizzy, I will spray this on it and restyle it. I helps keep the frizz down and reactivates whatever products I already have in and so I can restyle it. It really helps make having second day hair possible - which is a huge feat for very curly hair like mine.

I previously I was rotating between Aussie Hair Insurance, Garnier Triple Nutrition or Infusium 23, and so far I think I get better results with the Pantene. However, I love the Aussie sent the best! The Pantene smells nice and clean, but I wished the smell was stronger and lingered longer. I just love having hair that smells pretty. All of these I felt like they were only a little better then using water - for the exception for the Garnier, which is more like a shine spray. With Pantene I actually see and feel a difference in my hair after using it.

There are only a few cons I can think of. First, is that I feel like it is a little bit sticky when I first apply it, but as it starts to dry it goes away, so it's not a real problem. I also find that it sort of coats the hair, which for me means it keeps frizz away, but I could see how someone with fine hair wouldn't like it. Also, I use it up super fast. I am already half way through the bottle and it been only two weeks, but it's pretty cheap, so I can live with it. They need to release a huge refill bottle like infusium does!

I like these new pray bottles. The designs are pretty (but I wished I could find the pink curly hair version.. booo!) and they are easy to hold and spray with one hand. I like that the cap is large, because I always lose those little tiny clear ones most brands use and it annoys me to no end.

The first two ingredients are: water & glycerin, which helps to hydrate the hair. It also has Castor oil, which I find works well in my hair. I hope I can find the one for curly hair so I can compare them, but my hunch is it is about the same things just repackaged a bunch of times - I find that a lot in hair care lines.

Overall, I am impressed, and I will continue to use it. I would recommend it to anyone with medium to thick dry, fruzzy hair.

update: When shopping today I was able to find the Curly Hair Detanlger, and I see that the curly hair version does not have glycerin in it. I picked it up and am going to compare the two. Will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Margaret1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it as a detangler. I have very long and thick hair. Washing it is always a chore because it takes about 2 hours to brush it out again afterwards because my hair is so long. This stuff cuts that time in half. If I had to change one thing, I would make it more conditioning though.