November 26, 2014 | 1846 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Belle d'Opium

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by skylamor

This is like a modern version of Opium. It's not as heavy as the original. I quite like it. If you like incense and oriental notes in a scent, you'll like this one. I think YSL did a great job on the combination of notes here. It certainly does not smell cheap but rather quite expensive, sort of along the line of Tom Ford fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Faynt

A girl should always have two or more perfumes on her vanity to suit different occasions and moods, and Belle d'Opium is my choice for daily wear. I'm never one for floral scents, especially the overpowering Jasmine ones which you can find in so many perfumes these days *cough~boring*. Now, everyone has a different olfactory reaction to a scent—I get that—so I'm just going to say that Belle d'Opium is hands down a perfume that smells and makes me feel sexy, mysterious and alluring. I'm glad it does not smell too heavy and overly oriental (or floral) so much that it feels as if I'm wearing my grandma out.

I just can't get enough of that spicy concoction of sandalwood, Casablanca lily, gardenia, white pepper and—though ironically—jasmine (which thankfully does not overpower my senses like other perfumes that have this ingredient in them), amongst others. The only drawback is that by the time you get to that last spritz, there's still quite alot left in the bottle—oh, what a tease. I've kept most of my used bottles, and if i can find a way to pry the tops open successfully, I'm sure I'll have enough for at least one good bottle. On the plus side, I've received many compliments from women and men, gay and straight, compared to the other perfumes I wear. Well, until I find another scent that can capture my attention as well as this has, it will continue to be a winner.

Oh I suppose, never ever trust perfume reviews because, like I mentioned, every one of us responds differently to scents. It's one thing to read a review and all its flowery critiques, and another to try it for yourself and see how you feel about it, from the time the vapours hit your senses down to the very last explosion of notes. If it rocks your boat, right? Well, this certainly rocks mine, and all the other people who have told me how fantastic I smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this. However it turned to a grape juice,pachouli nightmare

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've bought it today and I really enjoy it.It's my favourite from ysl ; original opium smells like cheap air refreshener,cinema is way too vanilla and sweet,manifesto is horrible... I recommend trying it on your skin and not on those little papers that you get in the drugstore,because it smells a million times better.After an hour on the skin the scent is very similar to "Givenchy - Play". Packaging is beautiful as well.It's a bit expensive,but it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Nothing at all like Opium very sweet and artificially vanilla though there is none mentioned in the notes, perhaps it is a chemically jasmine/gardenia note which is apparent on my skin which gives the vanilla smell. Some compare this to Estee Lauder Sensuous noir but they are in no way similar apart from the dark purple bottles. This smells slightly sweaty and is overly sweet. Yuck

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is like the little sister of the original Opium, for me still too oriental, so it isn't a favorite of mine
But in terms of straight oriental scents this is nicely made!! I like Vapeurs way better
It is fresher, on me Belle is too heady, too oriental
But it is definitely a more wearable version of the original, that I find suffocating!!!
Nice incense note mixing nicely with the floral notes, not overly done.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My sister was kind enough to give me this fragrance after finding it did not work for her. I use it on occasion, sometimes combination with the legendary no.5. The smell is quite spicy and very lovely. reading other reviews I see many users have picked up on fruity notes but on my spin it is predominantly spice, floral then a slight fruit. I enjoy the warmth of the fragrance and find it suitable in the fall or winter weather and for evening use in the spring/summer. I would definitely purchase this fragrance again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Reminds me very much of the original, but is lighter and much easier to wear. A very pretty, light oriental, if such a thing exists. I'm not a huge oriental personality, but this is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by xdollpartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume with a passion! I actually had this forced on me buy an insistant shop assistant lady and wow, I am glad she was so forceful! This is a bottle I have always avoided simply because the bottle looks far too expensive and maybe appeared a little...pretentious in my eyes. I expected it to be overrated. This is a 'don't judge a book by it's cover' lesson! I believe I was gabbing away about what kind of perfumes I usually like to the lady, trying to pry her away from pulling out the grand looking royal blue bottle to spray and the moment she sprayed onto the tester stick, I shut up. I was quite overwhelmed, the jasmine and peach infused with sandalwood is pure magic! There is a spicey punch to it too which makes it so unusual. I walked around the store with this for maybe 10 minutes looking through other perfumes and I could not stop smelling this. I asked for a sample on my wrist and I swear, I could still smell this the next morning after showering. the dry down stays well rounded on me, the perfect blend of floral and wood with the faint hint of spice and a gorgous musk to pull the notes together.

Belle D'opium is lavish yet well preserved, a confident fragrance with longevity. The bottle looks so regal on the dressing table, it really goes with the scent. A garunteed get noticed fragrance with an air of mystery and sexiness in a class of it's own. Worth the money in my opinion however this is usually cheaper online than in superstores!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how perfume smells different on everyone, and I respect that everyone has their own opinion. I got a sample from a swap, and at first I was taken aback by it, just by sniffing the bottle.... it didn't smell good by itself, so I thought "Hey, it might be better on my skin." I was only half right. It smelt SO good after the first spritz and thirty minutes went by and it started smelling generic on my skin. I can't really describe the scent, it is in fact indescribable to me. However if the top notes stayed on my skin I would have bought this perfume in a heart beat.