September 23, 2014 | 1595 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Ananya

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by nippydips

A very unique scent and I love the packaging! A sleek cylindrical slim glass bottle, refreshing change from the usual plastic spray bottles from body shop!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by stls

A good friend of me wore ananya in high school and I loved it on her! So I bought the perfume oil.
On me it's a whole different story though. I find it too heady, too flowery- musky, too much tuberose, too much peach and musk. It's not fresh or delicate or modern. Pure '90's! I appreciate classic scents but it's not classic, it's dated.
Lasting power is exceptional, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

It kind of gave me a headache if I accidentally put on too much (meaning I had to make sure to only do one small spritz, not one big one!) but I loved it! It was lush, intense, heady stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ananya smells very exotic and sophisticated. The thing is the scent morphs a lot. Like at times, it smells very beautiful, floral, and clean, but then other times, it smells too coyly sweet and just too oriental. It does last all day, which is a good thing. It smells good on my wrists, but not so much on my neck. Maybe this is the kind of scent that smells better when it is very faint. I do like the concept of perfume oil over regular perfume because you don't have to deal with spraying it and there isn't alcohol so the scent pretty much smells like the scent in the bottle without having to wait for the scent to die down to see what it will really smell like. I'm thinking that maybe Ananya just doesn't really work with my body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love perfume oils. First of all, a little bottle of 30 ml or so lasts you ages (usually about six months in my case). Secondly, there's no breathing in of the perfume when applying, unlike EDTs. And thirdly, the scent lasts throughout the day. So, with that said...

I usually like a bit of heavier perfumes (TBS Vanilla Perfume Oil is a favourite). Though the problem with many heavier perfumes is that they can smell a bit...dusty if that makes sense. I wanted something a bit fresher. Ananya is a wonderful scent in that respect. It manages to be both a heavy and a fresh scent all at once.There's a decidedly green tone to the scent, like leaves that you have crushed between your fingers. But then there's the smell of exotic fruits and flowers too. It is a scent that has to be experienced.

I do wish Body Shop would consider reintroducing the dropper caps they once had when I was a small child since the sticks are just a plain nuisance. I never use them, since I figure bacteria will go onto them anyhow and so I would rather use my finger for a less messy and more accurate application.

To summarise: If you like the scent this is absolutely one of the best choices you can make for everyday use. Though I will probably not repurchase, since one bottle lasts me so long and there is always a new scent I want to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this in my 20s until a cabbie told me how much he loved my perfume because it reminded him of his...grandmother. That just lodged in my head forever. I'll still smell it in the shops though for an instant timewarp to '93.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by beckiebarnett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this scent since I was 16 and 14 years later, it can still do no wrong. DUDES LOVE THIS SCENT. It lasts forever and gets you noticed. That is what I wear fragrance for. What more can I say?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dmwfa

total headache scent for me, but it smells nice on some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this fragrance for years and years, My sister first introduced me to it and I sort of stole it from her! I love it! It's a scent that you won't find a lot of women wearing. Which makes it nice because it's not your typical common fragrance and makes you unique! I get lots and lots of compliments on it, especially from men. Just a warning tho..use sparingly. A little goes a looong way and if you use too much, it can tend to be overpowering and give one a headache!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my signature scent... and has been since i tried it out some 10-11 years ago.. the first time i tried it i bought the "whispers of ananya" EDT and then the body shop discontinued it... then they brought it back as just plain Ananya EDT, then they discontinued that one... then brought it back as a perfume oil lol...

i wish they still had the EDT but in some ways the oil is better as it has more staying power.... i love to put it on right after i shower at nights and when i wake up in the morning the scent is still strongly present... for some reason it really agrees with my body chemistry and doesnt smell the same on others.....

everytime i wear it i get at least 5-6 people asking me what im wearing and telling me how good it smells... the only con for this product is the applicator... if you use that to apply it on your skin youll get dust and lint all over it and itll get all in the oil... other than that i have no complaints...

love this scent