November 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Graphite

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Such a disappointment!! C'mon WnW! Pixie is an awesome champagne color so I expected nothing less in quality when I got Graphite. Pixie is a huge hit whilst Graphite was an abysmal miss. The color disappeared right away after literally 5 mins after application, it's not buildable, what little did remain gave me horrible raccoon eyes after having about 5 layers of this oily mess on my upper lids. I would not rec getting this product. Get Clinique Curvaceous Coal for a seriously good dark greyish-black cream e/s pencil. I regret buying this, but I will def keep repurchasing Pixie.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by SummerLC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh. So I bought this product because it was on sale and was actually quite excited about it. I hastily took off the packaging and set the pencil to my eye aaaannnnnndddd.........I touched the tip to my eyelid and the tip broke right off......no lie. Right there. I had to carefully wedge it back in the pen thing. Plus the color didn't even stay.....WASTE!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely NO staying power! Just horrible. Was excited when it when on easily and creamy but with no time it smudges and literally disappears. Junk!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Good colour payoff. Dark shimmery grey. Good to line eyes with but smudges and needs powder e/s on top

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by PrinceChagum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried the purple colour when I was fourteen and thought it was garbage; this + oily lids are more trouble than a monkey in a jewelery store. I decided to give it another go tonight, this time with Graphite, seeing that it was only a dollar. When I got home, I found that it wasn't any better than my first try at Idol Eyes. In fact, Graphite lasted for all of ten minutes before finding its way to my undereyes. Yuck! The tip ended up breaking off the next time I [gently] used it and falling into the drain. Classy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well i cant say this is the best base ive tried nor can i say its a cheap alternative to even the NYX Jumbo pencils but for those on a budget & those with normal lids (oily lid girls, beware-STAY CLEAR OF THESE!)
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Idol Eyes creme Pencils can be found wherever your WNW products are sold. I can find mine in my local drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS, & Walgreens as well as some Walmart stores. and whats great is these are only $1.99!! and cheaper if you can get them on sale. Price & availability will vary depending on your location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Idol Eyes Creme Pencils are a shadow stick made for convience in a pencil form like the NYX Jumbo Pencils. But the formula is different than those. The WNW pencils come in a plastic pencil (so yes it will be difficult to try to sharpen them. ive never tried, ive always just ended up depotting mine but ill explain later in the packaging section. The formula is more of a waxy feel than the NYX but some of the pencils are better than others. These glide on to the eye area w/ ease. You can apply straight to the eye w/ pencil or even w/ your finger or brush. I suggests working in thin layers & building up if needed rather than having too much for any cream product will crease the more you put on. These are made to wear alone or topped w/ powder shadow. W/ these being more creamy than others, i def suggests setting these w/ either powder shadows or even a face powder. I dont think these will last long on anyone w/ oily lids. I have normal lids & dont find these crease or fade too fast. I always put on Eye primer first as well. This will help w/ longevity & performance. Wearing these alone will end up in fading or even creasing. So the formula i think could be a tad better but i can work w/ them. I like them for bases. i have a youtube video on how to depot & add a few things to them to make them last long & be great cream bases! (youtube channel: Christinaanna5) Graphite is a great glossy black color. Its great for dark smoky looks or even lining the lashlines & blending out for looks. I like this as a cheaper alternative to Blackbean Jumbo pencil even though theyre different. I can get some good smoky looks with Graphite. There is only a few colors from the range- Graphite is the darkest, being a nice black cream shadow stick. (Pixie is also a must in my opinion, reminds me alot of Skinny Jeans creaseless cream shadow, color wise) So if you are interested in a cheap cream base, give these a shot. Prime lids & set with powder. I dont suggests for oily lids though, im sure you will hate them if you do.
=PACKAGING=
These pencils come in harden plastic pencil. These are nearly impossible to sharpen which makes them a pain. So i always end up depotting them (just like Jumbo pencils) The plastic tubing is the same color as the shadow color itself. So Graphite has a black pencil. They all have silver metallic logo/info. The size is on the smaller side but still alot of cream shadow inside. The tip is more rounded at first but once you get down through it- unless you find a way to sharpen them, you may not have the convenience of the pencil stick. Sometimes also, check for cracked/broken tips in the stores. They are wrapped in cellophane paper which ensures no contamination. The shade name is also on the pencil itself. I like the ease of using a cream pencil but eventually you wont be able to so i cannot say these are that good in the packaging department, sadly. If they made the pencils smaller or easier to sharpen, id gladly give a better score. But for the little cost, im willing to work w/ them.
Overall, Graphite is a nice black cream base to have. Its a nice dark black to use for those smoky looks. I love using a metallic purple,green or blue on top of this & it looks amazing. So you will have to use a primer & set these but thats what you need to do w/ most all cream bases so i knew that. I love Graphite & wish WNW would come out w/ more colors & esp more neutral & earth tone colors & matte colors. it be great for them to do that. I have all the available colors & enjoy them all. So if you dont have much money to spend & want some fun cream shadow sticks to try, these are great affordable choice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I had originally written a horrible review for this product because I hated how much it smudged and therefore wasn't suitable as an eyeshadow base. however, I've since changed my mind and bumped up my rating of it from a 1 to a 4. the reason for this is because I have found that it works great for when I /want/ a smudgy look. when I don't feel like using much eye makeup, I'll apply my Avon Glimmersticks black eyeliner. I don't normally care for it because the twist-up pencil makes it difficult to draw a thin line, but if I apply my Wet n Wild Graphite pencil over the eyeliner and then smudge it up onto my eyelid with my finger or a cotton swab, it creates a really pretty yet effortless look, almost like a smokey eye. I'm happy I've found a good use for two products that I otherwise would hate. I posted a picture of myself wearing my "easy smokey eye" :) notice that it creases a bit once it gets to the eye crease. I didn't use any eyeshadow base but I'm sure using a little bit in the crease area would prevent that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PickleEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good product for what you get for your money. I chose the graphite in order to achieve a smoky eye, and when I was swatching the shades, I found that all came right off other then this colour. In fact, that graphite stayed on even after I showered. This is all over a decent product, nothing super amazing, but it does the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by angelalynnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really disappointed me. When I immediately applied it I was really excited at how creamy it was and how bold the color was; but after wearing it about 2 hours running errands on a sunny Florida day, it was almost completely gone! So I can only imagine how it would do for a night out. I won’t buy anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

The only reason I gave this product two lippies is because of the color... it's a super dark gray that's almost black...the perfect color to use as a base for a dark smoky eye. It applies smooth but doesn't stay, this creased like crazy on me. I don't have oily lids and I primed with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Still, a lot of creasing. :(