Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

4.2

Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 2/15/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the pressed powder that comes in a compact.

I have finally found the perfect sheer powder! It makes my skin look so smooth and poreless and it truly lives up to its name. I wear this on a daily basis on bare skin with some concealer here and there and it's perfect for that purpose. It keeps my skin matte and it is long-wearing. It does not leave a whitish tint or make my dark skin look ghostly at all. I love it. I also use it as a setting powder over foundation and it looks like perfection. It has not caused any sort of irritation, itchiness, or acne on my sensitive skin. It does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride for anyone who's wondering.

I have tried several sheer powders such as Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Rimmel Stay Matte, Neutrogena shine control powder, and Black Opal Invisible oil blocking powder and Too Faced blows them all away.

This product does what it says, well. I have normal to combination skin. I like using luminous foundation but I have larger pores in my T-Zone. I hate silicone primers and balms that fill in pores. I don't eat guacamole for the same reason, the texture bothers me. This product does the job of cone primers without the unpleasant texture. I just use it in my T-Zone letting the rest of my face glow. I do have a little intel though. I have been to 3 Ulta locations in the last week and not a one had this product in stock. I asked the clerk if the product was just popular and she said that they just had not received inventory. It may be discontinued soon so stock up if you like it. That does seem to be my luck. A lot of products that work well for me do get discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

HOLY freaking GRAIL, people. This is the best powder I have ever used on my oily, overly sensitive, acne-prone skin. It doesn't break me out and it controls shine ALL DAY (12hrs). At about the halfway mark (6-8hrs) I begin to notice a bit of shine peeking through, but it doesn't look like an oily mess; rather, it looks like a natural, dewy complexion. Also, I live in Florida ... it's seriously 88°F with 100% humidity in January right now! I don't really notice that it minimizes my pores too drastically or even creates an airbrushed appearance. My skin just has a healthy, matte complexion when I use this. I apply a very light dusting with a large, fluffy powder brush or stippling brush using a dabbing/patting motion rather than buffing/rubbing. CONS: Packaging! Horrible, horrible, horrible.

on 11/25/2014 4:32:00 PM

This is great for oily skin. It controls oils all day long and also makes skin look smooth. My skin is extremely oily so I do reapply a TINY amount towards the end of the day. A very small amount of this goes a long way. I've had the same container for about a year now. I sometimes use to prime before makeup which works well but I primarily use it as a setting powder which is what I feel it's best at. The only problem is the container itself, it doesn't screw closed easily and it's very annoying to me. But other than that, this is great especially for oily skin.

on 10/17/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this finishing powder. It is the best! Gives my oily skin a smooth soft finish. Minimizes my large pores and controls oil. I like to apply this with my elf stippling brush.

i did not find too faced primed & poreless powder a win unfortuantely i couldnt tell it primed anything, stick to the cream :) its good

on 9/8/2014 6:01:00 PM

This was beautiful the first day that I wore it but it broke me out.

on 9/5/2014 6:25:00 PM

This multi-purpose powder is all you will ever need for priming, perfecting, and finishing a look. Not only do I prime with this, but I also use it to smooth out my foundation after application. Be wary, however, those with dry skin, as this can seek through the cracks and make your skin look like a desert.

on 8/30/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I came across this powder in Sephora and decided to give it a try. The price was VERY steep for a powder, but I got it anyway. When I put it over my BB cream it did not flake, crease, or cake. I used to use the Maybelline Dream Powder before mostly because of the price but I did not like it at all. That powder needed to be reapplied 24/7 and it drove me to the brink of insanity. The lightest colors didn't match me either and I ended up looking very dark and cakey. This powder on the other hand worked like a charm because it was colorless and wasn't heavy on my face. Now I don't need to reapply powder every 5 minutes and that is great. When I use my Urban Decay setting spray it lasts me all day and I do not get a shiney face at all. Sometimes I will use oil blotting papers after running an errand, going to class, or going to the gym and reapply the powder to look more put together, but in general one application of powder should be enough for the day. I am very impressed with this, I will definitely repurchase.

Pros: Convenient/pretty packaging, colorless, great staying power, goes on smooth

Cons: Pricey

on 8/19/2014 9:35:00 PM

Great product! I don't even use foundation anymore. I throw on some CeraVe moisturizer and then use a brush to apply the powder. It mattifies but definitely doesn't make you look pale...it truly is translucent. On special occasions when I do wear foundation, I apply the powder to finish the look and it's fabulous. Highly recommended!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors