September 17, 2014 | 1281 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Christian Dior - hydra life pro-youth skin tint

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Are they kidding me with these colors? It's insulting. I tried number 1 on my neck in the Sephora. The sales girls said it blended and that it has color matching technology. Then I put it on my entire face the next day. YIKES! I couldn't get this tone with a bottle of fake tan. I read the reviews and it is the first one of Dior's products that has a decent SPF, that means one with more than 1% titanium since octinoxate or ethyl methoxycinnimate (excuse spelling) doesn't count. It also is the first that I could find with proper spf and no alcohol. I feel like they are excluding the Americans of Northern European decent or they just think we are ignorant about sun damage. I just don't know anybody who could possibly be this orange or tan unless they live in the South. I'm so done with Dior at this point.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by melikai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The consistency of this is great, the coverage is better than most tinted moisturisers, however the shade selection is abysmal. The lightest one is at least a shade or two too dark for me, and too yellowy. If they add a lighter shade, I would buy this in a second!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Update, still one of my favorites however Dior has changed the product a bit.
Pro: increased SPF protection , Love it.
Con: A bit heavier and definitely more Orange (My Bf asked if I had a spray tan..). I find that mixing it with my moisturizer or a little foundation solves that problem so I am not too concerned. Will be great for summer. May sample a few other products for winter.

My favorite in my entire makeup bag. Don't know how many times I have repurchased it and will likely continue. No. 2 works for me. In the summer I use it on its own without foundation throw on bronzer and mascara and im out the door. In the winter it gives enough tint with my foundation that I don't feel washed out (I notice a difference without it). It is not my main moisturizer, I often use a thicker moisturizer on dry areas but for my entire face its great and provides some moisture/barrier between my skin and foundation. Sometimes I mix it with foundation prior to applying. It does not take much to cover my face so one container will last me about 6 months and I often reapply twice a day (prior to and after the gym). Love it.
It may sound funny but I know im not the only one.. I often cut the container open after it appears empty and what has sunk to the bottom ridge is often enough to get me through another week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by KlassyLikeThat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the closest TM I've found to Cosmedicine Honest Face since it was discontinued. Not quite HG status, but pretty close. More skincare with color, than makeup with moisturizer.

PROS
Didn't irritate my skin or break it out, and I have fairly sensitive skin.
Moisturizing! I have fairly dry skin, and I'm able to use this as my moisturizer, which I'm not able to do with most TMs.
Finish is natural but glowy with no discernable sparkles.

CONS
A little heavier coverage than I like in a TM, but not so much that I feel like i'm wearing foundation.
I find that this rubs off on clothing much easier than other TMs I've used for the first 5 minutes or so. After 15 minutes or so, I don't notice much transfer.
Not a wide variety of shades. I'm NC35ish depending on the time of year, and 2 is almost too dark. 2 has a strong yellow undertone, not sure about the other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Slightly amazing....I've been looking at BB creams and tinted moisturizers now all summer and today, I asked the girl at the Dior counter to apply some as I had, for once, emerged without my usual Clinique powder. Wow...the BB cream was orangey and dry on my combination skin but she then took it off, applied a dab of moisturizer and applied this.
Dewy?! My skin looked fantastic. Lasted all day. Color No1 is right for me. I have a very very fair complexion but like a tint of color all year round.
So, I've tried the high end brands and this wins, no competition from the others.
It's simply astonishingly good. She gave me a sample to try but...I will be visiting the counter to buy this. My skin glows with this on and it does not feel mask like or heavy.
I have a light touch as I spend a lot on skin care and like my freckles to show through in summer and this is perfect. Worth the amount and more. Superb skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by vmajor2387

This product is fantastic. I have tried numerous tinted moisturizers and BB creams. I generally favour products with: an SPF, light/natural coverage, good skin care ingredients, and which give a "glow effect". This product does all of that, and it does it very well. The scent is so pleasant. This is the only tinted moisturizer I have worn which gets me compliments on my skin time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't seem to get a lot of reviews here. I will say that this is the BEST for my type of skin. For one, I'm oily all over. With that being said, finding a tinted moisturizer that doesn't slide, fade or melt off is a real challenge. The remaining skin issues that I have are: Reactive, moderately sensititive, hormonal cystic pimples a week prior to TOTM and lets throw in clog prone too! The remaining skin issues were brought on in my mid 30's and it has been a real sad and frustrating battle in finding what works for my skin. The CD Hydra Life pro-tint really is my go to product for when my skin is acting up. You would think I would reach for a heavy cover to hide everything but this tinted moisturizer does something that is truly magical. It just blurs away my blemishes. There are no sparkles in this but the formulation is amazing. This is healing skincare and color for your face. Whenever I wear this and I remove this at night, my skin appears healthy, more even and less red. I love that this TM has more coverage than others on the market. I only have to use concealer under my eyes when I wear this tinted moisturizer. Because this is a "glowy/dewy" product, I do like to top it off with a matte bronzer (NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium). I'm NC40 winter/NC42 summer and use shade 2 in pro-tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best tinted cream I've ever used. It gives a nice low coverage (more compared

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by akd45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have this in samples of colors #2 and #3 from sephora - mixed together, they match my color quite well (i'm on the edge of nc42 being too light for me, good match in annapurna in nars tm).

i love the color, coverage, texture of this! i'm lucky in that i don't need a ton of coverage from my base makeup - this provides sheer but thorough coverage. it has a glossy finish - i'm a little oily, so i powder my t-zone, blot once like in the middle of the day and i'm good.

i am curious as to why the colors are so dark (i'm not complaining at all! they match me!). here's my guess - maybe this product is meant as an alternative to those for whom dior's hydra-life bb is too light? on sephora, the price difference between the two products is quite significant (bb is $56, youth tint is $40), but i have to say that the dior tint felt more like an asian bb cream in texture and coverage (my reference points are brtc's blemish recover balm and face shop's let's fact it hd) than the nars tm, which feels quite like makeup with high pigment in texture. just a theory...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by toyrinicole

Love this skin tint! Never really cared for tinted moisterizers because I love coverage. I've been using Cover FX for years, and just recently (4months ago) decided to swith up foundation to something more lighter. Sephora makeup artist applied the smashbox bb cream and she also applied the CD skin tint...it was effortlessly beautiful on my skin! No sinking into pores, no clogging (after a full 12hr day) barely any transfer. I can wear it alone or use a powder for full staying power. So if you're looking for a fresh new foundition with nice coverage, and dewy look, this TM is for you. Hope this helps!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No