Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 3/27/2015 7:41:00 PM

I am super fair skinned with pink undertones - oily/combo skin with history of cystic acne. Early 30s with early signs of aging at smile lines, larger pores & some wrinkling between brows. This foundation is my go-to. If I set with a powder it lasts all day without settling into creases. An ELF hd powder touch up on hot days is all it takes to keep the grease away. Blotting papers don't strip the makeup either so the finish stays even. I have tried everything under the sun - and keep coming back to this!

This is my HG foundation! I have redness to my skin and finding a foundation that helps with this has been like trying to find the holy grail. I have used a green correcting cream before putting on other foundations, but never saw a dramatic difference. This one really does cover the redness and times out the skin. The calming ivory was the perfect match to my skin as it didn't make me look like Casper like other foundations do. I would only say the slight downside is that it seemed to make the pores next to my nose appear a little larger, but easily taken care of with a Pore minimizer. Apply only a little with a foundation brush - a little goes a long way so the $30 price tag was worth it. Def buying again :)

on 11/7/2014 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This isn't bad. I use clinique whenever I break out or my skin goes crazy. Mostly I try not to use foundations with mineral spf, as they can interact with my chemical sunscreens. The mineral spf in this is coated . So you could wear it a non mineral sunscreen. I use it alone or with the redness base (horrid but it doesn't break me out). This is nicer than Even Better, though they are similar. It seems makes my pores like much smoother. With a brush it they can streak, so I use my hands or a BB to pat it down. This has medium coverage that can build. You could also smooth it out to thinner too. Hard to get a good color match. Lately I am liking Ivory, but I have tried a few. It's a bit tanner than I'd like, but oxidizes to pale. The undertones are bit golden. Whereas No 2. Alabaster is more neutral. Both darker then I'd ideally like. No. 1 Procelain is almost quite pale in the Even better version, but turns very pink and doesn't cover very well. If you can find a shade that works, it is pretty good at covering redness. The finish is statin and a little dewey, depending on what I have underneath. It's something I come back to and get frustrated with. My skin likes it. It's replaced Even Better, which I always went back to and always left. It's nice to have a fuller coverage that doesn't clog my skin.

on 10/4/2014 10:08:00 PM

I always been prone to redness, and having a very fair skin, is really difficult to cover it. Also, I have combination skin, and the oil often removes anything.
I think this is the perfect product for me. I've been using it for the last two years, and it's the only one that covers everything perfectly just by itself. I often have some pseudo-acne and allergic reactions in my chin, and this never broke me up.
I use the ivory shade, and it fits me just like heaven. I try to use this product alone, without powders or primers, to avoid the cakey feeling.
It's quite expensive here ($50 usd aprox), but I think it worths every penny (and lasted longer than I expected).

I was really sad to give this product a three out of five. I received a sample of this product in shade 02, and in the store it looked good. However, it oxidized to a much darker, orangey shade. Not good for someone with cool undertones and very fair skin! I will say the coverage for redness is great, and this didn't seem to sink into any pores or dry spots. Giving Even Better a shot next.

on 8/18/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation looks flawless and masks redness...for about a few hours. After that I got extremely oily and the foundation practically slid off my face. It's great for redness just not oily skin.

Pros:
Coverage is good
Color match was pretty accurate

Cons:
Oxidizes very quickly and makes imperfections more obvious

on 7/30/2014 12:13:00 AM

This was the first "high end" foundation I had purchased in many years, after what seemed like the millionth drugstore foundation I bought made me break out. I chose Clinique because I recognized the brand.

And now, having expanded my makeup tastes and techniques, I'm still loving this foundation. I don't use it every day, but on days when my mild rosacea flares up. It evens out my skintone and masks the redness. Paired with a brightening/illuminating primer, it gives the skin a healthy glow.

I find it goes on a bit streaky with a brush, but that it has a flawless application with a beauty sponge.

I'm NW20 and wear the shade "Calming Ivory". It's slightly cooler than I normally choose, but that can be easily fixed with bronzer.

on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this foundation after trying BB and CC creams that did not work for my skin at all... They were too heavy or too greasy it was a mess.. Just wanted a nice light weight foundation that has spf to cover up redness on my face and this fits the Bill!
Wore for a couple of days and I love it! Wore well thru the day with no touchups at all.... I have dry sensitive skin and it worked great! Love it!!
Love the coverage: only thing I have noticed is that you need a light hand when apply on face it can get heavy and cakey otherwise its great....
Read some other reviews and I am surprised at how much negative reviews it has gotton...
I just hope Clinique doesn't get rid of it like they do with some their other popular foundations they are known to do that a lot.... I will purchase a full size once I use up the sample... Price is mid-range.. Better than some other brands for dept store foundations and since I like it I don't mind paying for it....

Update: This made my skin super dry so had to stop using it and had to get another foundation thats better suited for my skin.....

on 5/27/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommended this foundation at the Clinique counter due to my concerns about localised redness on my cheeks (NOT rosacea), but I was cynical about both the shade and formula. I got the palest shade (calming alabaster), but I still feel it's a tad dark for me. However, it spreads and blends well - no cakiness, and no issues with greyness or oxidization either. But as to whether it helps my redness - I don't think it does. My skin looks pretty much the same as it did when using my Max Factor foundation, which is less than half the price. As most people will probably buy this in the hope of reducing their redness, I don't think it's worth the cost, and not everyone with dry skin will get on with the formulation either. It pains me as I really wanted this to be my holy grail foundation, but it isn't.

on 5/22/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best liquid foundation for redness I have found. Sheer but buildable coverage. Outstanding formulation - creamy, not cakey or streaky. Great for dry skin (is all rosacea associated with dryness?). I still use concealer (IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness) for problem areas, but the Clinique foundation is the first layer that starts to even out tone.

Price is about $27, which isn't drug store cheap but is quite a bit less than other high end brands, like Chanel or Bobbi Brown (at, what? $45 or so?).

I keep sampling other foundations, high end and drug store, but have yet to find a better one than this.

The only downside - I wear the lightest color in the range but would like to go just a bit lighter.