April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lxurra

I have only recently begun using this foundation as a replacement for my previous Clinique Anti Blemish foundation. Since starting a course of medication that dried my skin out, but left me with no active acne and several red marks, this seemed like the perfect solution (excuse the pun).

So far, I am pleased. The coverage is good for my red acne marks, and is much less drying. The feel is excellent for dry skin- not sticky, sits nicely on the skin and covers well.

I apply with a stippling brush generally, but fingers also works well. I just find you waste less with a brush and a few drops on the back of your hand.

It lasts fairly well. Depending on the severity of your redness you may need to reapply, but I only apply again on days where I am particularly self conscious. Otherwise I am fairly confident to just leave it for the full day.

The lightest shade 01 is a little too dark for me which is a downside. But it isn't too noticeable, especially when I blend it down my neck. Also, I'm used to this- I have extremely light skin so you just learn to accommodate!

The price, like much of Clinique's products is still a lot of money for a small bottle. However you do tend to receive what you pay for- and this for me is a decent quality, does what it says on the tin kind of product.

The sales people where I live are extremely helpful, and I asked lots of questions to make sure this wouldn't cause me to break out. She told me it was oil free and non-comodogenic, so it shouldn't clog pores. Therefore it is good for me to cover my red marks evenly without causing any more acne.

I'll see how my skin is once this bottle is finished- whether the marks have healed more with my other treatments will determine whether I actually need to purchase again. However, if my skin is in the same position as now I would certainly use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product at least 3 days a week for approx 11 months after having a horrible skin reaction to a cheap drugstore foundation. I am very fair and use the lightest shade available: calming alabaster. I live in the deep south and instantly flush when I go outside in the summer heat. My cheeks and nose instantly flush bright red whenever I'm the least bit excited/angry, etc. My allergies cause my nose to be bright red whenever I have sinus congestion (which is frequently). So while i don't have rosacea per se, I want a product that offers some coverage to balance out my propensity to turn red. I've been satisfied by this product's ability to do that. I'd say it is a medium coverage but can be lessened or built up depending on how much you use. A little dab will do ya just fine. I don't have to use concealer with this nor do I use powder. In the past I've ALWAYS used powder to "set" my foundation but I think the finish is just great without it. I'm all for doing less (and buying fewer other products) to achieve the same result. I'm very close to running out and though I'm tempted to try another kind of foundation, I know this one is a special pick for me. If redness is your issue, I'd reccomend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelauren1882

I have rosacea and I can't tell you how much this makeup has helped reduce the ridiculous amount of redness I have. It goes on flawlessly with the perfect amount of coverage (not too heavy, not too light). Personally, I've never noticed it oxidize poorly or to a "grayish cast". It will not clog your pores or make you break out. It actually almost helps prevent my breakouts! The ONLY downside to this product is that it does wear off fairly quickly. You may have to layer it or reapply throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This is foundation is ok for redness if you are in a mac nw25 and above because it oxidize really bad to a peachy orange shade. The lightest shade alabaster is still not light enough for someone in a mac nc15/20. Do not try to set this with a powder it will oxidize even more. It doesn't not last it start to fade in 30min after applying. If your face has any acne scars or texture it will make it look worse. I doesn't help with redness it oxidizes to make your face look peachy/orange to cancel out the redness making your face look red. It is a good foundation for those who use tanning lotions because the oxidized color matches the tanning lotion better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third bottle of this product. I have early-onset papulopustular (and ocular, for what it's worth) rosacea, and this doesn't cause flushing, it doesn't burn, it doesn't break me out in bumps, and it ACTUALLY WORKS. This product makes my skin look flawless.

I think the probiotic technology claim is nonsense (it's makeup, not medicine!), but it doesn't irritate, it doesn't smell bad, and it covers. I am not that pale but I bought this in Alabaster, the lightest shade. They matched me one shade darker (can't remember the name) but it turned orange so I returned it and couldn't be happier with the lighter color.

Expensive but SO WORTH IT.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Humn... I am both impressed and unimpressed with this foundation. There are some things about it which really make it a cut above many others, but there are some issues in which lower the quality of this formulation as well.

I was really surprised that this foundation didn't emphasize my dry patches because it's a dry formulation. It did a great job in coverage and didn't settle or cake at all. I would definitely consider this to be a full coverage foundation. It applies nicely using any and all methods - fingers, sponge, brushes and buffers which is excellent. I LOVE that the packaging is sanitary and stable! The squeeze container is an excellent way to insure minimal wasting of the product and its pretty air tight so that the beneficial ingredients (antioxidants, vitamins, probiotics) stay potent. And thumbs up to the ingredient list which far surpasses any other foundations out there. On the flip side of that the fact it's a dryer formulation does call for us dry skinned gals to moisturize and/or prime, so I am not sure how much these ingredients penetrate, if at all.

Did it perform as advertised and cover my annoying red undertones? Yes indeed. However, it did so leaving a slightly grey cast, reminiscent of when you have a high SPF cream on your face; you know, that weird zinc shadow that is really obvious in photos, in which makes people wonder if you are part Zombie . Also, while I don't mind shelling out the big bucks for a great foundation, you aren't getting a lot for your money here IMO. At $27 an 0z for a good but NOT great foundation, it's not the most impressive foundation or bang for the buck. The price may not be a lot compared to many other high end foundations but I feel like those are a cut above this one in terms of quality; the Clinique is more comparable to a good drugstore brand and if it was one it would be a top performer. But in comparison to the high end foundations this one ranks low. For me the biggest downside to this is shade range and the matte finish to it. Shades are really limited for Clinique in general and all of them tend to either have a slightly peach or pink undertones, neither of which work for me. This one doesn't have enough tan in it (I am NC30) and makes me look slightly unhealthy, while the next shade up was way too dark. The matte finish is also an issue because A) I just don't like the look of it on me and B) I have to even out the peach/pink undertones AND grey cast (mentioned above) with a darker powder and this addition makes it look a bit heavy in the end.

While this foundation definitely has its cons, they can be worked around. Also a lot of the problems I have with this product are based on my skin = someone else with normal or oily skin may find this stuff to be their holy grail. Me personally, I gave it a try but won't be returning to it. This one will end up in my "too expensive to toss so wear it while running quick errands in my sweats" drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by JennyI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product. I have longstanding rosacea and it covers the redness well. Contrary to the other reviews, I don't find it wears off by the end of the day. I use it with the yellow Clinique mineral powder and they work well together. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very decent solution to redness. I am not sure about its probiotic properties, and I doubt that it can dramatically change my redness-prone skin but I don't really expect it either. For a good coverage It is important to spread the stuff evenly and quickly, and to use just a bit of it. Its grayish tone is scary but it is meant to cover redness, and it serves this purpose well. For the price I would expect it to be long-lasting, but it is not the case. The coverage is great though, and I use it only when I have really bad skin days. It evens out my skin tone and gives me a mat "barely there" finish. As I'm satisfied with the coverage, and my skin reacts well to it, I will definitely repurchase but, well, it will take ages to finish this tube first.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

I gave this a 2 tube rating because I have a ruddy complexion and the neutralizing agents in this makeup does do a fairly good job of toning down redness. Now for the bad news:
I broke out in white heads on my chin and cheeks. The product consistency is pasty and chalky. The finish shows on your face and reminded me of makeup they use at a funeral (Yikes). Don't waste your money. For those of us with sensitive skin (reactive redness,whether temporary or persistent like rosacea ), remember there's a difference between hypoallergenic products and those for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

Let me just begin this with saying that I have moderately severe rosacea with very dry skin. This foundation does cover it up when I put a second layer on my cheeks. But it WILL come of within a couple of hours if you don't use a setting powder. Even with a setting powder, I'd say it only lasts about 5 hours. It has a semi-dewy natural finish which I do like, but I just cannot justify the price. I can get a much cheaper foundation that lasts all day.

Also, I've had problems with the foundation squirting everywhere when I take off the top.

I do not recommend.