July 28, 2014 | 2032 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this foundation after trying BB and CC creams that did not work for my skin at all... They were too heavy or too greasy it was a mess.. Just wanted a nice light weight foundation that has spf to cover up redness on my face and this fits the Bill!
Wore for a couple of days and I love it! Wore well thru the day with no touchups at all.... I have dry sensitive skin and it worked great! Love it!!
Love the coverage: only thing I have noticed is that you need a light hand when apply on face it can get heavy and cakey otherwise its great....
Read some other reviews and I am surprised at how much negative reviews it has gotton...
I just hope Clinique doesn't get rid of it like they do with some their other popular foundations they are known to do that a lot.... I will purchase a full size once I use up the sample... Price is mid-range.. Better than some other brands for dept store foundations and since I like it I don't mind paying for it....

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by InkedDoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was recommended this foundation at the Clinique counter due to my concerns about localised redness on my cheeks (NOT rosacea), but I was cynical about both the shade and formula. I got the palest shade (calming alabaster), but I still feel it's a tad dark for me. However, it spreads and blends well - no cakiness, and no issues with greyness or oxidization either. But as to whether it helps my redness - I don't think it does. My skin looks pretty much the same as it did when using my Max Factor foundation, which is less than half the price. As most people will probably buy this in the hope of reducing their redness, I don't think it's worth the cost, and not everyone with dry skin will get on with the formulation either. It pains me as I really wanted this to be my holy grail foundation, but it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best liquid foundation for redness I have found. Sheer but buildable coverage. Outstanding formulation - creamy, not cakey or streaky. Great for dry skin (is all rosacea associated with dryness?). I still use concealer (IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness) for problem areas, but the Clinique foundation is the first layer that starts to even out tone.

Price is about $27, which isn't drug store cheap but is quite a bit less than other high end brands, like Chanel or Bobbi Brown (at, what? $45 or so?).

I keep sampling other foundations, high end and drug store, but have yet to find a better one than this.

The only downside - I wear the lightest color in the range but would like to go just a bit lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lxurra

I have only recently begun using this foundation as a replacement for my previous Clinique Anti Blemish foundation. Since starting a course of medication that dried my skin out, but left me with no active acne and several red marks, this seemed like the perfect solution (excuse the pun).

So far, I am pleased. The coverage is good for my red acne marks, and is much less drying. The feel is excellent for dry skin- not sticky, sits nicely on the skin and covers well.

I apply with a stippling brush generally, but fingers also works well. I just find you waste less with a brush and a few drops on the back of your hand.

It lasts fairly well. Depending on the severity of your redness you may need to reapply, but I only apply again on days where I am particularly self conscious. Otherwise I am fairly confident to just leave it for the full day.

The lightest shade 01 is a little too dark for me which is a downside. But it isn't too noticeable, especially when I blend it down my neck. Also, I'm used to this- I have extremely light skin so you just learn to accommodate!

The price, like much of Clinique's products is still a lot of money for a small bottle. However you do tend to receive what you pay for- and this for me is a decent quality, does what it says on the tin kind of product.

The sales people where I live are extremely helpful, and I asked lots of questions to make sure this wouldn't cause me to break out. She told me it was oil free and non-comodogenic, so it shouldn't clog pores. Therefore it is good for me to cover my red marks evenly without causing any more acne.

I'll see how my skin is once this bottle is finished- whether the marks have healed more with my other treatments will determine whether I actually need to purchase again. However, if my skin is in the same position as now I would certainly use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product at least 3 days a week for approx 11 months after having a horrible skin reaction to a cheap drugstore foundation. I am very fair and use the lightest shade available: calming alabaster. I live in the deep south and instantly flush when I go outside in the summer heat. My cheeks and nose instantly flush bright red whenever I'm the least bit excited/angry, etc. My allergies cause my nose to be bright red whenever I have sinus congestion (which is frequently). So while i don't have rosacea per se, I want a product that offers some coverage to balance out my propensity to turn red. I've been satisfied by this product's ability to do that. I'd say it is a medium coverage but can be lessened or built up depending on how much you use. A little dab will do ya just fine. I don't have to use concealer with this nor do I use powder. In the past I've ALWAYS used powder to "set" my foundation but I think the finish is just great without it. I'm all for doing less (and buying fewer other products) to achieve the same result. I'm very close to running out and though I'm tempted to try another kind of foundation, I know this one is a special pick for me. If redness is your issue, I'd reccomend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelauren1882

I have rosacea and I can't tell you how much this makeup has helped reduce the ridiculous amount of redness I have. It goes on flawlessly with the perfect amount of coverage (not too heavy, not too light). Personally, I've never noticed it oxidize poorly or to a "grayish cast". It will not clog your pores or make you break out. It actually almost helps prevent my breakouts! The ONLY downside to this product is that it does wear off fairly quickly. You may have to layer it or reapply throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This is foundation is ok for redness if you are in a mac nw25 and above because it oxidize really bad to a peachy orange shade. The lightest shade alabaster is still not light enough for someone in a mac nc15/20. Do not try to set this with a powder it will oxidize even more. It doesn't not last it start to fade in 30min after applying. If your face has any acne scars or texture it will make it look worse. I doesn't help with redness it oxidizes to make your face look peachy/orange to cancel out the redness making your face look red. It is a good foundation for those who use tanning lotions because the oxidized color matches the tanning lotion better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third bottle of this product. I have early-onset papulopustular (and ocular, for what it's worth) rosacea, and this doesn't cause flushing, it doesn't burn, it doesn't break me out in bumps, and it ACTUALLY WORKS. This product makes my skin look flawless.

I think the probiotic technology claim is nonsense (it's makeup, not medicine!), but it doesn't irritate, it doesn't smell bad, and it covers. I am not that pale but I bought this in Alabaster, the lightest shade. They matched me one shade darker (can't remember the name) but it turned orange so I returned it and couldn't be happier with the lighter color.

Expensive but SO WORTH IT.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Humn... I am both impressed and unimpressed with this foundation. There are some things about it which really make it a cut above many others, but there are some issues in which lower the quality of this formulation as well.

I was really surprised that this foundation didn't emphasize my dry patches because it's a dry formulation. It did a great job in coverage and didn't settle or cake at all. I would definitely consider this to be a full coverage foundation. It applies nicely using any and all methods - fingers, sponge, brushes and buffers which is excellent. I LOVE that the packaging is sanitary and stable! The squeeze container is an excellent way to insure minimal wasting of the product and its pretty air tight so that the beneficial ingredients (antioxidants, vitamins, probiotics) stay potent. And thumbs up to the ingredient list which far surpasses any other foundations out there. On the flip side of that the fact it's a dryer formulation does call for us dry skinned gals to moisturize and/or prime, so I am not sure how much these ingredients penetrate, if at all.

Did it perform as advertised and cover my annoying red undertones? Yes indeed. However, it did so leaving a slightly grey cast, reminiscent of when you have a high SPF cream on your face; you know, that weird zinc shadow that is really obvious in photos, in which makes people wonder if you are part Zombie . Also, while I don't mind shelling out the big bucks for a great foundation, you aren't getting a lot for your money here IMO. At $27 an 0z for a good but NOT great foundation, it's not the most impressive foundation or bang for the buck. The price may not be a lot compared to many other high end foundations but I feel like those are a cut above this one in terms of quality; the Clinique is more comparable to a good drugstore brand and if it was one it would be a top performer. But in comparison to the high end foundations this one ranks low. For me the biggest downside to this is shade range and the matte finish to it. Shades are really limited for Clinique in general and all of them tend to either have a slightly peach or pink undertones, neither of which work for me. This one doesn't have enough tan in it (I am NC30) and makes me look slightly unhealthy, while the next shade up was way too dark. The matte finish is also an issue because A) I just don't like the look of it on me and B) I have to even out the peach/pink undertones AND grey cast (mentioned above) with a darker powder and this addition makes it look a bit heavy in the end.

While this foundation definitely has its cons, they can be worked around. Also a lot of the problems I have with this product are based on my skin = someone else with normal or oily skin may find this stuff to be their holy grail. Me personally, I gave it a try but won't be returning to it. This one will end up in my "too expensive to toss so wear it while running quick errands in my sweats" drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by JennyI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product. I have longstanding rosacea and it covers the redness well. Contrary to the other reviews, I don't find it wears off by the end of the day. I use it with the yellow Clinique mineral powder and they work well together. I definitely recommend this product.