October 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by victoryrose

I always been prone to redness, and having a very fair skin, is really difficult to cover it. Also, I have combination skin, and the oil often removes anything.
I think this is the perfect product for me. I've been using it for the last two years, and it's the only one that covers everything perfectly just by itself. I often have some pseudo-acne and allergic reactions in my chin, and this never broke me up.
I use the ivory shade, and it fits me just like heaven. I try to use this product alone, without powders or primers, to avoid the cakey feeling.
It's quite expensive here ($50 usd aprox), but I think it worths every penny (and lasted longer than I expected).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I was really sad to give this product a three out of five. I received a sample of this product in shade 02, and in the store it looked good. However, it oxidized to a much darker, orangey shade. Not good for someone with cool undertones and very fair skin! I will say the coverage for redness is great, and this didn't seem to sink into any pores or dry spots. Giving Even Better a shot next.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Juliarose512

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation looks flawless and masks redness...for about a few hours. After that I got extremely oily and the foundation practically slid off my face. It's great for redness just not oily skin.

Pros:
Coverage is good
Color match was pretty accurate

Cons:
Oxidizes very quickly and makes imperfections more obvious

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Jinruiqiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first "high end" foundation I had purchased in many years, after what seemed like the millionth drugstore foundation I bought made me break out. I chose Clinique because I recognized the brand.

And now, having expanded my makeup tastes and techniques, I'm still loving this foundation. I don't use it every day, but on days when my mild rosacea flares up. It evens out my skintone and masks the redness. Paired with a brightening/illuminating primer, it gives the skin a healthy glow.

I find it goes on a bit streaky with a brush, but that it has a flawless application with a beauty sponge.

I'm NW20 and wear the shade "Calming Ivory". It's slightly cooler than I normally choose, but that can be easily fixed with bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this foundation after trying BB and CC creams that did not work for my skin at all... They were too heavy or too greasy it was a mess.. Just wanted a nice light weight foundation that has spf to cover up redness on my face and this fits the Bill!
Wore for a couple of days and I love it! Wore well thru the day with no touchups at all.... I have dry sensitive skin and it worked great! Love it!!
Love the coverage: only thing I have noticed is that you need a light hand when apply on face it can get heavy and cakey otherwise its great....
Read some other reviews and I am surprised at how much negative reviews it has gotton...
I just hope Clinique doesn't get rid of it like they do with some their other popular foundations they are known to do that a lot.... I will purchase a full size once I use up the sample... Price is mid-range.. Better than some other brands for dept store foundations and since I like it I don't mind paying for it....

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by InkedDoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was recommended this foundation at the Clinique counter due to my concerns about localised redness on my cheeks (NOT rosacea), but I was cynical about both the shade and formula. I got the palest shade (calming alabaster), but I still feel it's a tad dark for me. However, it spreads and blends well - no cakiness, and no issues with greyness or oxidization either. But as to whether it helps my redness - I don't think it does. My skin looks pretty much the same as it did when using my Max Factor foundation, which is less than half the price. As most people will probably buy this in the hope of reducing their redness, I don't think it's worth the cost, and not everyone with dry skin will get on with the formulation either. It pains me as I really wanted this to be my holy grail foundation, but it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best liquid foundation for redness I have found. Sheer but buildable coverage. Outstanding formulation - creamy, not cakey or streaky. Great for dry skin (is all rosacea associated with dryness?). I still use concealer (IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness) for problem areas, but the Clinique foundation is the first layer that starts to even out tone.

Price is about $27, which isn't drug store cheap but is quite a bit less than other high end brands, like Chanel or Bobbi Brown (at, what? $45 or so?).

I keep sampling other foundations, high end and drug store, but have yet to find a better one than this.

The only downside - I wear the lightest color in the range but would like to go just a bit lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lxurra

I have only recently begun using this foundation as a replacement for my previous Clinique Anti Blemish foundation. Since starting a course of medication that dried my skin out, but left me with no active acne and several red marks, this seemed like the perfect solution (excuse the pun).

So far, I am pleased. The coverage is good for my red acne marks, and is much less drying. The feel is excellent for dry skin- not sticky, sits nicely on the skin and covers well.

I apply with a stippling brush generally, but fingers also works well. I just find you waste less with a brush and a few drops on the back of your hand.

It lasts fairly well. Depending on the severity of your redness you may need to reapply, but I only apply again on days where I am particularly self conscious. Otherwise I am fairly confident to just leave it for the full day.

The lightest shade 01 is a little too dark for me which is a downside. But it isn't too noticeable, especially when I blend it down my neck. Also, I'm used to this- I have extremely light skin so you just learn to accommodate!

The price, like much of Clinique's products is still a lot of money for a small bottle. However you do tend to receive what you pay for- and this for me is a decent quality, does what it says on the tin kind of product.

The sales people where I live are extremely helpful, and I asked lots of questions to make sure this wouldn't cause me to break out. She told me it was oil free and non-comodogenic, so it shouldn't clog pores. Therefore it is good for me to cover my red marks evenly without causing any more acne.

I'll see how my skin is once this bottle is finished- whether the marks have healed more with my other treatments will determine whether I actually need to purchase again. However, if my skin is in the same position as now I would certainly use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product at least 3 days a week for approx 11 months after having a horrible skin reaction to a cheap drugstore foundation. I am very fair and use the lightest shade available: calming alabaster. I live in the deep south and instantly flush when I go outside in the summer heat. My cheeks and nose instantly flush bright red whenever I'm the least bit excited/angry, etc. My allergies cause my nose to be bright red whenever I have sinus congestion (which is frequently). So while i don't have rosacea per se, I want a product that offers some coverage to balance out my propensity to turn red. I've been satisfied by this product's ability to do that. I'd say it is a medium coverage but can be lessened or built up depending on how much you use. A little dab will do ya just fine. I don't have to use concealer with this nor do I use powder. In the past I've ALWAYS used powder to "set" my foundation but I think the finish is just great without it. I'm all for doing less (and buying fewer other products) to achieve the same result. I'm very close to running out and though I'm tempted to try another kind of foundation, I know this one is a special pick for me. If redness is your issue, I'd reccomend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelauren1882

I have rosacea and I can't tell you how much this makeup has helped reduce the ridiculous amount of redness I have. It goes on flawlessly with the perfect amount of coverage (not too heavy, not too light). Personally, I've never noticed it oxidize poorly or to a "grayish cast". It will not clog your pores or make you break out. It actually almost helps prevent my breakouts! The ONLY downside to this product is that it does wear off fairly quickly. You may have to layer it or reapply throughout the day.