Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 6/21/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Okay, so the good news is, it really camouflaged my redness (fair skin, rosacea, red flushes, combination skin with dry cheeks and a very oily t-zone) and the first 30 minutes it looked great on me.
The other good news is, I didn't buy it, just tested it Out.
This is why:

The bad news.
After that it oxidiced into a horrible yellow mask.
My pores on my cheek where very very visible and my freckles turned Grey.
My boyfriend asked if I used a tanner.
Then I decided to get it of my face, well that was a challenge. I had to use four cleansing wipes and my fifth still turned yellow.
So after six cleansing wipes I was released from my yellow mask.

on 5/3/2015 12:11:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I have fair skin with pink undertones and it is hard to find a foundation that doesn't irritate my rosacea, dry it out, or accentuates my pink undertones. This is perfect. It only take a couple of drops to cover my entire face. It covers my rosacea very nicely leaving me looking spectacular. I also like that it comes off easily with makeup remover.

on 4/27/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have rosacea and very fair, very sensitive, dry combination skin. I bought the Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Alabaster and have been using the Redness Solutions Regimen (cleanser, moisturizer, protective base) daily. I love the results although I can't say which particular product has done the most work. My redness has been greatly improved. The foundation covers well, Calming Alabaster was a good match for my very fair skin. I also sprung for the foundation brush which I thought was overpriced but turned out to be totally worth it. I start with the green tinted Protective Base, then I only need 2-3 drops of foundation to cover my entire face. And I've always needed full-coverage foundations to even begin to cover my redness. No oxidation, doesn't settle into my eye lines. Very happy- will purchase again.

on 3/27/2015 7:41:00 PM

I am super fair skinned with pink undertones - oily/combo skin with history of cystic acne. Early 30s with early signs of aging at smile lines, larger pores & some wrinkling between brows. This foundation is my go-to. If I set with a powder it lasts all day without settling into creases. An ELF hd powder touch up on hot days is all it takes to keep the grease away. Blotting papers don't strip the makeup either so the finish stays even. I have tried everything under the sun - and keep coming back to this!

This is my HG foundation! I have redness to my skin and finding a foundation that helps with this has been like trying to find the holy grail. I have used a green correcting cream before putting on other foundations, but never saw a dramatic difference. This one really does cover the redness and times out the skin. The calming ivory was the perfect match to my skin as it didn't make me look like Casper like other foundations do. I would only say the slight downside is that it seemed to make the pores next to my nose appear a little larger, but easily taken care of with a Pore minimizer. Apply only a little with a foundation brush - a little goes a long way so the $30 price tag was worth it. Def buying again :)

on 11/7/2014 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This isn't bad. I use clinique whenever I break out or my skin goes crazy. Mostly I try not to use foundations with mineral spf, as they can interact with my chemical sunscreens. The mineral spf in this is coated . So you could wear it a non mineral sunscreen. I use it alone or with the redness base (horrid but it doesn't break me out). This is nicer than Even Better, though they are similar. It seems makes my pores like much smoother. With a brush it they can streak, so I use my hands or a BB to pat it down. This has medium coverage that can build. You could also smooth it out to thinner too. Hard to get a good color match. Lately I am liking Ivory, but I have tried a few. It's a bit tanner than I'd like, but oxidizes to pale. The undertones are bit golden. Whereas No 2. Alabaster is more neutral. Both darker then I'd ideally like. No. 1 Procelain is almost quite pale in the Even better version, but turns very pink and doesn't cover very well. If you can find a shade that works, it is pretty good at covering redness. The finish is statin and a little dewey, depending on what I have underneath. It's something I come back to and get frustrated with. My skin likes it. It's replaced Even Better, which I always went back to and always left. It's nice to have a fuller coverage that doesn't clog my skin.

on 10/4/2014 10:08:00 PM

I always been prone to redness, and having a very fair skin, is really difficult to cover it. Also, I have combination skin, and the oil often removes anything.
I think this is the perfect product for me. I've been using it for the last two years, and it's the only one that covers everything perfectly just by itself. I often have some pseudo-acne and allergic reactions in my chin, and this never broke me up.
I use the ivory shade, and it fits me just like heaven. I try to use this product alone, without powders or primers, to avoid the cakey feeling.
It's quite expensive here ($50 usd aprox), but I think it worths every penny (and lasted longer than I expected).

I was really sad to give this product a three out of five. I received a sample of this product in shade 02, and in the store it looked good. However, it oxidized to a much darker, orangey shade. Not good for someone with cool undertones and very fair skin! I will say the coverage for redness is great, and this didn't seem to sink into any pores or dry spots. Giving Even Better a shot next.

on 8/18/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation looks flawless and masks redness...for about a few hours. After that I got extremely oily and the foundation practically slid off my face. It's great for redness just not oily skin.

Pros:
Coverage is good
Color match was pretty accurate

Cons:
Oxidizes very quickly and makes imperfections more obvious

on 7/30/2014 12:13:00 AM

This was the first "high end" foundation I had purchased in many years, after what seemed like the millionth drugstore foundation I bought made me break out. I chose Clinique because I recognized the brand.

And now, having expanded my makeup tastes and techniques, I'm still loving this foundation. I don't use it every day, but on days when my mild rosacea flares up. It evens out my skintone and masks the redness. Paired with a brightening/illuminating primer, it gives the skin a healthy glow.

I find it goes on a bit streaky with a brush, but that it has a flawless application with a beauty sponge.

I'm NW20 and wear the shade "Calming Ivory". It's slightly cooler than I normally choose, but that can be easily fixed with bronzer.