Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing
I suffer with so much redness I cant even explain and this foundation covers it
I didn't want to actually buy it because i saw the price and the size of the bottle and thought that'll only last me a couple of weeks!! But I went for it anyway
it lasts me 2-3 month!
Definitely recommend this to everyone, even if you don't suffer from redness because its got great coverage without feeling like your plastered in make-up and you don't even need to use a lot!

Love this. LOVE it. A half-bottle of Calming Ivory was given to me by a girlfriend with slightly darker skin than me, and as luck would have it, it is an absolute PERFECT match for my skin, which doesn't happen for me a lot, I usually have to mix a lighter and a darker shade to get it right, and I have NEVER seen a foundation cover redness without having to be caked on, but this one somehow does it!

I apply with my fingers because my stippling brush just broke and haven't replaced it yet. It goes on smooth, not greasy or sticky at all.

Two small negatives I have noticed: it does seem to maximize the pores on my nose, but that can easily be fixed with a minimizer. And the application seems to be a little streakier when its applied over a primer. Blending this out with a sponge is well worth it, because combining this with my favorite purminerals primer makes my skin look absolutely flawless.

I have noticed no issues with oxidization as others have mentioned.

The price is high, but I am still working on the half bottle my friend gave me and that was several months ago. I'd say definitely worth it.

I tend to try something different every time I need to buy foundation, because I've never really found something that was a perfect match for me. But I think I found it! Will definitely be repurchasing again and again!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have recently come to the realisation that I have rosacea, and to be honest, I’m really down about it. I have combination skin and large pores, but as I advance into my 30s I find my skin is a lot more stable.

However.

I have used Mac Face & Body since 2012 and love it. I love the buildable coverage and the way it works with my skin. I last bought some in October last year. I just can’t use it now without using lots of very thick concealer which kind of defeats the object of using a sheer foundation. I find that as a result, I am completely incapable of doing 'no make up' looks. And forget about wearing none at all!

I went to the Clinique counter and bought their Redness Solutions cleansing wash (jury still out on that one) and the lady gave me a sample of this foundation. Not sure of the colour, but it’s just right for my skin tone. Have not seen any oxidation but have genuinely not found that to be problem since about 1995 anyway!

I love it. I find it gives great coverage to the redness which I am really self conscious of, but isn’t cakey. I use it over a silicone primer (Body Shop Vitamin C) and it gives my skin a beautiful flawless finish – not quite poreless but as close as I am going to get with my pores. I then set with Mac Prep + Prime powder. My skin looks great.

I’m really broke right now so I’m devastated I won’t be able to buy this straight away, but Christmas is coming so maybe I’ll ask for it as a present.

Works well to cover my redness and overall surface "pinkiness". *Stays put a long time and does not oxidize or break up. I apply with my shiseido foundation brush and get great results. It evens my skin tone without looking super make-upy and caked on. I have found that the primer I use tends to effect how well the product blends, stays, and appears. This may or not be a reflection on the product itself, but I would say the same about any foundation I have used both in the drugstore and $$$ range.I wish there were more fair shades for winter but I can wear this in the summer without issue. Feels comfortable and light and the smell is not overpowering and is easily forgotten. Performs well for a reasonable price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Okay, so the good news is, it really camouflaged my redness (fair skin, rosacea, red flushes, combination skin with dry cheeks and a very oily t-zone) and the first 30 minutes it looked great on me.
The other good news is, I didn't buy it, just tested it Out.
This is why:

The bad news.
After that it oxidiced into a horrible yellow mask.
My pores on my cheek where very very visible and my freckles turned Grey.
My boyfriend asked if I used a tanner.
Then I decided to get it of my face, well that was a challenge. I had to use four cleansing wipes and my fifth still turned yellow.
So after six cleansing wipes I was released from my yellow mask.

I absolutely love this foundation. I have fair skin with pink undertones and it is hard to find a foundation that doesn't irritate my rosacea, dry it out, or accentuates my pink undertones. This is perfect. It only take a couple of drops to cover my entire face. It covers my rosacea very nicely leaving me looking spectacular. I also like that it comes off easily with makeup remover.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have rosacea and very fair, very sensitive, dry combination skin. I bought the Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Alabaster and have been using the Redness Solutions Regimen (cleanser, moisturizer, protective base) daily. I love the results although I can't say which particular product has done the most work. My redness has been greatly improved. The foundation covers well, Calming Alabaster was a good match for my very fair skin. I also sprung for the foundation brush which I thought was overpriced but turned out to be totally worth it. I start with the green tinted Protective Base, then I only need 2-3 drops of foundation to cover my entire face. And I've always needed full-coverage foundations to even begin to cover my redness. No oxidation, doesn't settle into my eye lines. Very happy- will purchase again.

I am super fair skinned with pink undertones - oily/combo skin with history of cystic acne. Early 30s with early signs of aging at smile lines, larger pores & some wrinkling between brows. This foundation is my go-to. If I set with a powder it lasts all day without settling into creases. An ELF hd powder touch up on hot days is all it takes to keep the grease away. Blotting papers don't strip the makeup either so the finish stays even. I have tried everything under the sun - and keep coming back to this!

This is my HG foundation! I have redness to my skin and finding a foundation that helps with this has been like trying to find the holy grail. I have used a green correcting cream before putting on other foundations, but never saw a dramatic difference. This one really does cover the redness and times out the skin. The calming ivory was the perfect match to my skin as it didn't make me look like Casper like other foundations do. I would only say the slight downside is that it seemed to make the pores next to my nose appear a little larger, but easily taken care of with a Pore minimizer. Apply only a little with a foundation brush - a little goes a long way so the $30 price tag was worth it. Def buying again :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This isn't bad. I use clinique whenever I break out or my skin goes crazy. Mostly I try not to use foundations with mineral spf, as they can interact with my chemical sunscreens. The mineral spf in this is coated . So you could wear it a non mineral sunscreen. I use it alone or with the redness base (horrid but it doesn't break me out). This is nicer than Even Better, though they are similar. It seems makes my pores like much smoother. With a brush it they can streak, so I use my hands or a BB to pat it down. This has medium coverage that can build. You could also smooth it out to thinner too. Hard to get a good color match. Lately I am liking Ivory, but I have tried a few. It's a bit tanner than I'd like, but oxidizes to pale. The undertones are bit golden. Whereas No 2. Alabaster is more neutral. Both darker then I'd ideally like. No. 1 Procelain is almost quite pale in the Even better version, but turns very pink and doesn't cover very well. If you can find a shade that works, it is pretty good at covering redness. The finish is statin and a little dewey, depending on what I have underneath. It's something I come back to and get frustrated with. My skin likes it. It's replaced Even Better, which I always went back to and always left. It's nice to have a fuller coverage that doesn't clog my skin.