October 1, 2014 | 1461 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have an oily/dry skin combo. After I started with acne medication my chin, cheeks and "outer" forehead got flaky and dry. I exfoliate and use embryolisse lait-creme the night before I use this, and my face looks good. It's a buildable coverage, but I use the matching concealer as well, and I absolutely love this. Worth the money!

It stays on for hours, even while I'm sweating. It's great for oily skin, definitly try this out! Love the classic glass-packaging with a pump as well. Just overall a great, great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, I have very oily skin but I love a dewy finish which I think is so so hard to achieve! I think a lot of people rely on there foundation to do all of the work when it comes to controlling oil on there face but it is essential you are preparing your skin properly before applying your foundation. The colour match for me is perfect & it applies to my skin really well, you can taylor make the coverage depending on what brush is used to apply, I either use my RT buffing brush for a lighter coverage or my RT angled foundation brush for maximum! Once applied leave for a few minutes to let it really settle into your skin. I then apply my MAC Blot Powder in t zone & will top up throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever worn! It stays on my face all day and makes my skin look flawless, while matching my skin tone perfectly! I do tend to get shiny skin but this foundation has a very nice matte finish to it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by JKra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only had a sample of this. At the MAC counter I was deciding between this and Matchmaster so the SA put this on half of my face and Matchmaster on the other half. It looked really pretty at first but a few hours later, the Pro Longwear side had weirdly "separated" on my face. You could only see from close up but it was...hard to describe but not smooth. Perhaps my skin is a little too dry for it? It wasn't peeling, just...separating. The Matchmaster side remained smooth and clean. Obviously, I went back and purchased the Matchmaster, which I love. It probably has to do with skin type. This was with no primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Lauraf127

This foundation is good for people with clear skin that needs some coverage. It is not good to put over any blemishes as it just enhances them with dry patches. The foundation does last a long time and it doesn't have any paint smell like mac studio fix. However, this foundation made me breakout really bad in random areas that I wouldn't normally. I also don't really like the look of this foundation on my face - basically it looks like you have a full face of foundation instead of naturally flawless skin. I am going to go back to my all time favourite mac studio tech foundation - it runs out so fast but it is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by xxKerplunk80xx

This foundation is everything I have been looking for! I needed something that wasn't going to slide off my face in work and no other liquid foundation seemed to be doing the job, the others seemed to slide or just fade. This one is quick drying (to stay in place) so you gotta be on your toes while applying it. Blends perfectly and will not budge, longest it has stayed for me is 14 hours, i top it up with transclusent powder to avoid a shiny forehead. I love it and would definitely recommend it xx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product today! The girls as MAC did my makeup for me and i ended up buying pro long wear! I got the colour NW22 as i tan in winter and my skin goes quite dark in summer! The foundation doesnt feel thick when i wear it, and it covers up all my pores. It stays on all day/night and it takes a bit to get it off your face because it really is long wearing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sabripereira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolute love my MAC foundations. My skin is acne prone and very sensitive, so if I put on the wrong product it is certain I will break out. And MAC never disappoints, it actually makes my skin look better when I wear it (it must suck out some excess oil or something, I swear it's like a skin treatment for me).

For a long time I used the studio fix as my day to day foundation and the studio sculpt when I needed more coverage. I ended up buying the prolongwear because they had run out of the studio fix. Since I was at the airport and I wanted to get it cheaper at duty free, I decided to give it a try. Not disappointed.

The biggest plus on this foundation is that when they say it's long wear they really mean it. The only problem with that is that you have to clean it really well at night and make sure it's all gone. The foundation stays put all day and holds the rest of your make up in place. I don't use primers (because they always make me break out) so this is a big plus.

The coverage is amazing, I usually wear just half a pump to cover my whole face. The only con is that I find the texture of it a bit too thick. If i want the foundation to look more sheer i put a bit of water on the tip of the brush and shake the excess off, works wonders. I find it to be a very versatile foundation and it blends really well.

Overall I'm really happy with my foundation. Works perfectly with my prolongwear concealer and mineralize skinfinish natural (my all time favourite product).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chrissy190

The only thing good with this product is the fact that it lasted long. My face use to be oily but now i have combination skin. Before using this product i made sure to moisturize and prime my face since i heard it can be drying on your skin. So basically i did all the steps rights in order for this product to technically work but it still failed. One of the cons that i experienced with using this product is that even on my combination skin it tend to dry up into patches if you try to build on it for more coverage. Another issue that i had with this product is the fact that it was not easy to blend using a makeup brush. When i tried to use the makeup brush it was become streaky and patchy. I tried this product with a beauty blender as well and that did seem to help with the problem but i still experienced problems with building on it for coverage because the finish of this product is very dry and matte looking. The color also seems to be chalky and not as pigmented as other mac foundations, which is why i had to build on it for more coverage. Im not sure why this product had so many great reviews, i would have never bought it if i knew that it is not buildable and has a powdery matte finish that defeats the purpose of using liquid foundation... If you have fine lines, hyperpigmentation, combination/dry skin then this product is definitely not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by meowjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite foundation. By pro-longwear it really does the job lasts all day and night and your skin just looks better and better by the hour. It gives a beautiful matte finish. I always get compliments on my makeup. I'm on my second tube and I wear it almost everyday and it lasts me about 6 months.