October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

The first day I put this on my face I was INLOVE, the second day, not so much. I feel like I wanted to love it so badly that I ignored the fact it dries unbelievably fast, the texture of the foundation was quite sticky feeling and it was actually hard to apply. This foundation does however give my face a flawless glow, I mean I GLOW. I have patchy, red, oily, acne prone skin and this foundation makes my skin look AMAZING. Granted you do have to add a little more foundation over top of your blemishes but this foundation is build-able so that isn't a problem at all. I set it by dusting some loose powder and a finishing spray (because this does make my skin a little dry, which I defiantly am NOT) and it stays all day. No touch ups needed, I leave all my concealer, powder, EVERYTHING at home and I don't have a care in the world. Props to Mac for making this foundation have amazing staying power. This will definitely be my HG foundation, I just wish it applied smoother like there other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cw192

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to swear by this foundation as it was the first one I had come across that didn't literally fall off my face due to my oiliness. It has superb staying power when applied on top of a primer and set with a powder (I use skinfinish natural). After around a month of daily use it started to feel heavy and cakey on my face and I decided to look for something with the same staying power but less heavy and since then I have swapped back to my old HG Revlon colorstay which is very comparable to this foundation. Overall a good foundation for an oily skin but can at times feel too much for daily wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by LuvForMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After getting tired of using the same Mac Matchmaster foundation, I decided to switch to something new. Trying out the Pro Longwear Foundation. First time put it on my face with my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush, a lot of patches. The foundation dry very fast. The next day, I applied it on again, I am so happy that it went well. I realized that I did not apply it properly. I set it with my Mac MSF in Medium Dark, even better. The con is, the foundation does not cover my acne spots well, so you have to use a concealer. Overall, I am satisfied :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have an oily/dry skin combo. After I started with acne medication my chin, cheeks and "outer" forehead got flaky and dry. I exfoliate and use embryolisse lait-creme the night before I use this, and my face looks good. It's a buildable coverage, but I use the matching concealer as well, and I absolutely love this. Worth the money!

It stays on for hours, even while I'm sweating. It's great for oily skin, definitly try this out! Love the classic glass-packaging with a pump as well. Just overall a great, great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, I have very oily skin but I love a dewy finish which I think is so so hard to achieve! I think a lot of people rely on there foundation to do all of the work when it comes to controlling oil on there face but it is essential you are preparing your skin properly before applying your foundation. The colour match for me is perfect & it applies to my skin really well, you can taylor make the coverage depending on what brush is used to apply, I either use my RT buffing brush for a lighter coverage or my RT angled foundation brush for maximum! Once applied leave for a few minutes to let it really settle into your skin. I then apply my MAC Blot Powder in t zone & will top up throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever worn! It stays on my face all day and makes my skin look flawless, while matching my skin tone perfectly! I do tend to get shiny skin but this foundation has a very nice matte finish to it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by JKra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only had a sample of this. At the MAC counter I was deciding between this and Matchmaster so the SA put this on half of my face and Matchmaster on the other half. It looked really pretty at first but a few hours later, the Pro Longwear side had weirdly "separated" on my face. You could only see from close up but it was...hard to describe but not smooth. Perhaps my skin is a little too dry for it? It wasn't peeling, just...separating. The Matchmaster side remained smooth and clean. Obviously, I went back and purchased the Matchmaster, which I love. It probably has to do with skin type. This was with no primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Lauraf127

This foundation is good for people with clear skin that needs some coverage. It is not good to put over any blemishes as it just enhances them with dry patches. The foundation does last a long time and it doesn't have any paint smell like mac studio fix. However, this foundation made me breakout really bad in random areas that I wouldn't normally. I also don't really like the look of this foundation on my face - basically it looks like you have a full face of foundation instead of naturally flawless skin. I am going to go back to my all time favourite mac studio tech foundation - it runs out so fast but it is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by xxKerplunk80xx

This foundation is everything I have been looking for! I needed something that wasn't going to slide off my face in work and no other liquid foundation seemed to be doing the job, the others seemed to slide or just fade. This one is quick drying (to stay in place) so you gotta be on your toes while applying it. Blends perfectly and will not budge, longest it has stayed for me is 14 hours, i top it up with transclusent powder to avoid a shiny forehead. I love it and would definitely recommend it xx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product today! The girls as MAC did my makeup for me and i ended up buying pro long wear! I got the colour NW22 as i tan in winter and my skin goes quite dark in summer! The foundation doesnt feel thick when i wear it, and it covers up all my pores. It stays on all day/night and it takes a bit to get it off your face because it really is long wearing!