MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good medium-full coverage foundation that wears well throughout the day. Very similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear, though this has a much thicker and creamier consistency. This foundation does not look natural though, even with one layer it tends to emphasize pores and fine lines, though this tends to be the case for most matte foundations. It might be good for events or photos, but personally I find it too heavy for everyday use.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially since it's hard to find a good match to my olive/yellow skin tone. After about a few months of using this product I realized that I kept getting small rash like breakouts all over my forehead, keep in mind that I am currently using prescription acne cream. After I stopped using this foundation all my breakouts cleared up!

This foundation is a perfect no fuss foundation that lasts long, looks natural, and not too heavy. And MAC colors are to die for people of all shades. I wear NC44 in this foundation, I use the Sonia Kashuk flat top multipurpose foundation brush and I wear the Smashbox pore minimizing primer - believe me, you will get 12+ hours of wear with this foundation with the right pairing of other products. It will NOT feel heavy or tight on your skin like you are wearing a mask. I wear the MAC studio moisture face moisturizer underneath it too because it improves the wear and look of your foundation.

It's ALL about layering ladies and gents and it stays on ALL day. I work 10 hour days and come home and walk my dog and take off my makeup by the time that happens, I've had the foundation on for 12 hours and I don't feel disgusting at the end either. Most of the time, when I wear makeup, I literally wanna run home and wash the crap out of my face. Not with this, it's so wearable and durable...LOVE!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This foundation and I have a love hate relationship. I used to wear this all throughout high school. I used to model and this is what they would always put on me. Looking back it was a little heavy. I recently went back to using it and it looked AMAZING. This foundation does not break me out which means something. I was at Dillard's a few moths ago heading to purchase this foundation and stumbled into the Estee Lauder area looking at Kendall Jenners new lipsticks. Anyway the girl started talking to me telling me that a lot of the girls at MAC wear the Double Wear and she put a sample on. This is when I fell in love with Double Wear. It is a little fuller coverage than the MAC and looks more natural in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation! It's long-lasting, has a very good coverage and stays in my t-zone. The price is okay, and the foundation doesn't break me out.

Not my top top top favorite but I like this foundation. Its a little hard to find my true match, oddly. Everytime I've gotten matched it's an NC30, I think it does a bit of oxidizing so I'd rather get an NC20-NC25. This foundation is pretty fluid but has good coverage thats buildable.

For reference i am NC15 which is still a touch too dark, but easy enough to lighten with concealer. This is the only foundation Ive ever worn that actually stays in place on my oily t-zone. It in no way keeps me matte but once i blot and reappply powder i'm good to go. If there is a foundation out there that helps with oil control i have yet to find it. It is quite heavy (not as heavy as EL double wear) and i find if i don't wash my face properly after wearing it i will get a pimple or 2 on my chin but i can live with that. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found

I had high hopes for this foundation. However, I wouldn't consider this foundation full coverage. I purchased color NC25 from their online website for about $33 before tax & shipping. It is a buildable product, but it took me about 2-3 layers to achieve the coverage I wanted. And i found that rather inconvenient. The shade i bought is nice but i was really disappointed with the coverage even though it does last m all day. I'll give it that, it can stay on through a lot of what everyday throws at you and a nice shade selection. Overall i'll recommend it to a friend only if they want medium coverage though.

The best foundation ever

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I received a generous sample of this from MAC and have been testing it for the past few days including a bit of New Years partying. I am used to using Studio Sculpt and have gone through several tubes of it but I am curious for other things as I am obsessed with foundation. My overall thoughts are very positive.

Pro Longwear is fluid yet thick. It gives a good solid medium coverage to full. The finish is matte yet it is not the most extreme matte foundation I have comes across. MAC Studio Fix Fluid is even more matte in my opinion. With my skin(currently normal-dry) I didn't need powder with this at all. The feeling is alright, I can feel on my face that there is makeup but when I look in the mirror it looks very natural and undetectable. Big plus in my book for non cakey application. The shade range is pretty good. MAC has some of the best color selections and I am matched to my winter shade at the moment which is NC40 if anyone is curious. This is very long lasting! Truly longwear! This past New Years was nasty in my country, it was cold and raining! Nevertheless, my group and I stayed primarily outside and my makeup still looked fresh and new. I dont think my beloved Studio Sculpt would have held up as much. I needed a heavy moisturizer underneath this foundation. I tried with a lighter moisturizer and it accentuated my dry spots. Definitely not as drying as Studio Fix Fluid!

Pro Longwear is quite comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear except I would say Pro Longwear is slightly better. It is not as drying as Double Wear, I like the texture and feel of Pro Longwear better and it gives very good coverage just as Double Wear. Pro Longwear is a bit cheaper too.

I can see ProLongwear doing very well in warmer weather and in my homestate of Texas. This would be my daily foundation if I were back home. In the meantime, while it is winter I will not use it. Overall, I think this is a superb foundation for : warmer climates, if you like matte finishes, if you want your foundation to stay on all day, and if you have normal to oily skin. Superb foundation, can recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials