July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Buxom stay there eyeshadow: Mutt

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by PamelaLW

There's nothing better than applying eye shadow with your finger, right?? Well that is actually the best way to apply this line of shadows from BE. The spongy, velvety, light-as-air formula is packed with an incredible punch of pigment that lasts for hours (maybe even days?). This color in particular works great alone when placed on the lid and blended into the crease, either by brush or you guessed it...your finger. I don't love the price tag on these, as I think they are pretty comparable to Loreal's Infallible shadow line, but this shade is just plain perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I love this color, and I love cream eyeshadow, but this formula does not stay on my eyelids all day, as it advertises. I need some work to make it last: layer primer underneath, or another longer lasting cream shadow. Its very pricey for the amount as well. It has a very peculiar feel: very bouncy. Its very smooth and creamy feeling, and blends easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I love mac paint pots but wanted to branch out to other lines. Unfortunately, this did not live up to mac. The color is a gorgeous taupe. I wore satin taupe over this and loves the look it gave, really beautiful! But it only stayed on half the day. I found my shadow disappeared on my lid by the middle of the day. Other negatives are the container. It is so small I could only use a brush to get the product. Won't buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

This is a beautiful brown shimmery eyeshadow that I would use for a special occasion. Because of its shimmer, I wouldn't use it for everyday natural look. However, I would definitely use it about every time I go out somewhere with my friends or family! Not only is it very pigmented, but also it is smooth on my eyelid that it doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm a contact lens user, so I know very well when a shimmer irritates my eyes. Without primer, it lasts more than most of the powder eyeshadows of other companies that I've owned. I recommend you use your fingers or spongetip applicator. I like to use sponge, which works very well with this cream eyeshadow. I don't recommend regular brushes. Get a pan of your favorite color! It's so worth it~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, highly shimmery neutral. I see a few people saying that it creased on them, but I've had no problem with creasing, with or without a primer. Pretty on its own, but also very easy to blend powder shadows on top of.

Here's the thing- Bad to the Bronze cream eyeshadow from Maybelline is a VERY similar colour to this (different consistency though), but it's a little less shimmery than Bare Escentuals Mutt. If you want a cheaper dupe, go for the Maybelline!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous review. I thought this would be a nice addition to my collection since the swatches online looked fantastic. But its just way too shimmery for my taste. Great color though. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mutt:

This product is ok, I wont return it but doubt I'll re purchase. Here's my take:
It looks very deep and interesting in the jar, but the payoff is basically a bronzish wash of glitter. It crease horibbly as an all over wash, tried it alone and over primer. I have found this works best over other shadows to add ooph/sparkle. It DOES last all day when used this way and is quite pretty over matte shadows like UD Naked or Buck. Again, its mostly the sparkle that shows up. The photo I took is over Naked(right)and on my bare arm(left), I did 3 strokes each re dipping my brush between strokes.
The best method I have found for application is with a flat paddle shaped brush. Using my fingers gives zero control and results in product where I dont want it, & hardly any color payoff. This can be built up a little as long as its over another shadow.
The texture is very smooth, gel- like and bouncy to the touch. I have a feeling these will dry out very easily if im not religious about closing the jar tightly.
I think the price point is high considering the limited capability and the jar is TINY. Overall, its not horrible and I would like it much better if it cost less or was larger sized. The cap is no larger than a nickle and the circumference of the actual product is smaller than a dime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cperez0711

I love this eyeshadow. I tend to have oily skin, and without any primer, this product lasts me the whole day. Easy to work in with finger. Doesn't have to much shimmer, which makes it very wearable for day or night. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AngelOtter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE these, pigmented and silky and waterproof! This is a great color as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by HeCallsMeGorgeous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love these shadows and Mut is my favorite of all the available shades. It's a perfect lid color for a simple wash or on the outer corner and crease. Stays all day and has the right amount of shimmer for daytime (not as disco-ball-ish as the Chanel mousse shadows).