October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Mascara - Essence - Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I bought this to set my eyebrows after filling them in as I don't see the point in paying a lot of money for a product that can't really screw anything up. I use it every morning over my eyebrow pencil and it dries quickly without going on overly wet. It holds my (heavily filled in) brows in place all day without them smudging or losing their place.

The price is amazing (AUD$3) and I like that the packaging is clear so you can see how much product is left. I've already repurchased this several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's great. Does the job. Holds my eyebrows in place for a good while. Super cheap. What is there not to like? Even the brush is a quite nice size. Have not tried it on my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never had a brow gel before, but for its price I can hardly complain. I put this to use when I am going to a special event like a wedding and need my brows to stay put though mine rarely misbehave. Can get a little crusty on the brows if too much is applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first brown gel, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it works great for me! It goes on smoothly and the brush grooms my brows nicely and much more easily that I was expecting. I haven't noticed any clumping, and the gel is not visible after it dries. I also have not experienced any flaking. The tube is clear and fun to use - it's neat to be able to see the product and how much you have left! The price is cheap and cheerful. I'd say that the biggest downfall is that it doesn't have extreme holding power, but if you're careful about not touching your face then it 'holds' up just fine lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Josiegleeson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cheap product but the packaging looks cheap. The gel inside is very wet, takes ages to dry, comes out in blobs and the brush is really hard to use for brows as you get product all over your face. I find it didn't keeps my brows in place and would prefer to just hairspray my spooly instead and use that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my tried and true brow gel. I don't see the point in spending tons of money on a brow gel. This definitely gets the job done just fine. I will repurchase over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Staurhy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by abr94

I've had this product for a while now and I've had no problems with it what so ever. It really does the job and keeps my brows in place so that's all that really matters. It's very cheap as well so I'll definitely buy another when it runs out since I don't need anything fancy for brow gel. Packaging is alright hasn't broke on me so that's the main thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TiniLen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very little to say about this product.

First of all, I haven't tried it as a mascara and I can't find a reason why. Especially after using it as a brow gel, the product was tinted by my foundation and the brow shadow I used once or twice and it turned beige.

As far as brows are concerned, it does make them look good and well shaped but it only last for less than an hour.
Also, after waiting for ages for it to dry, it leaves clumps which are quite noticable.
Last but not least, I find the packaging ok for the price, but after a while, the wand has snapped off from the lid and broke, both the two times I bought this product.

I wouldn't repurchase, I just bought two tubes the first time I saw this product, believing that I would be a savior for my natural thick brows. Big mistake!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by glitter854

This is easily the best brow gel I've ever boughten. It keeps your brows in place all day and makes them look nice and neat, even if you don't fill your brows in with a pencil or powder. I've tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, and this is 100 times better. It does take a bit of time to dry, but it doesn't leave your brows sticky, or crusty. And, it's dirt, like dirt, cheap. At $1.29 CAD, this is the best brow product out their.