July 29, 2014 | 1835 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alba Botanica - Acne Dote Invisible Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this product for over a year now. i bought it on a whim (VERY RARE for me) when i was going through a bout of break out. now heed my warning. this is a SPOT TREATMENT. meaning that it is not the answer to all the acne you will ever get. i feel it works a lot better when you concentrate it on one or 2 blemishes (not a black head, a red spot or a white head) instead of spreading all over your face. all in all i really like this product. it works fast on whiteheads. i've seen reduction in a pimple in as little as 3 hours. i really am glad i gave it a go. it's become one of my favorite spot treatments. i can always depend on it to zap away a blemish by the time i wake up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the face/body scrub from Alba's new Acne Dote line at Whole Foods. This did not have any effect on acne spots I applied it to. I know for sure that one of these two products caused my current breakout, which is one of the worst I've had this year. I usually do not break out, as I am one Retin-A, so when a product breaks me out I know it must be really pore-clogging if it manages to clog my pores even while I use Retin-A.

This gel may be the culprit, as I did apply it all over my face one night, and almost immediately after I had all these small bumps on my forehead like clogged pores.

The scrub was very pleasant-smelling and pleasant to use-- however there is clearly an error in the way it is labeled. It says 'oil-free' on the front of the packaging, like all the Acne Dote products, but the ingredients list a bunch of oils, such as orange oil, peppermint, borage, etc. I was very confused. I had read the ingredients online before buying it and did not see any oils listed. I emailed Alba about this apparent oversight in the labeling but never received a response.

On the website, it says the product is oil-free and no oils are listed in the ingredients, but on the packaging it says oil-free while numerous oils ARE listed in the ingredients. I like to know what's in my products!! Very disappointing. Wish I could return these but I'm not sure about Whole Foods' return policy on skin care.

I will not be buying any products from this line until Alba states their ingredients more clearly. How am I supposed to know if any of the products' ingredients are accurate now? Oh well, I guess the scrub will make a nice foot scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I have used this product several times now but I will update as the months go by.

The texture is amazing! I was looking for a gel because I knew it would be easy to spread around without leaving a residue. This mattifies the skin as it dissolves quickly. The packing is a tube that goes to a pointed applicator/dispenser so its really sanitary. I didn't notice a smell the first several times I used it but now its kinda rubbing alcohol like. But I don't believe this has any in it.

Love how it controls my oily skin, spreads, how it contains no "yucky" ingredients, no animal testing, and great packaging!

This is a salicylic acid treatment. My skin always purges when using salicylic acid but then its clear. This usually for me lasts the first couple of weeks so I will update as I reach weeks 3,4 and so on!

Update: I've had one of those cystic acne pimples on the side of my nose. You know those horrible, underground things that inflame and redden the whole area around it? I've doused it with everything I had Blemish Therapy from BE, benxoyl peroxide treatment, sulfur mask etc. It was one of those stubborn ones. I treated the spot with this Alba product twice a day and it is gone! Didn't leave a mark or a pimple it is just gone. Now I don't know if it was on its way out or if it was this for sure but there is literally no pimple from this underground volcano of a pimple! LOL.