Lancome Prune Juicy Tubes

4.1

I got this in a swap, and I like the sheer grape color. I also agree with another post saying that this would go great with smokey eyes! This even matches my NARS Sin blush! But...it's way too thick for my liking!! It's almost to the point where it's gummy! Think Maybelline Fruity Jelly glosses taken down a notch!

on 8/19/2004 5:15:00 PM

I've been wanting this for a long time. I was guessing it'd be one of the most pigmented JT's around, and a grape color (which suits my NC20 skin so well). I only had Lychee, and after getting a bit disappointed but the fact that it's so very sheer, I decided to give a try to the opposite side of JT's: the darker ones. If neither satisfied me, I figured I'd quit trying with JT's. Well...

The veredict is out and even Prune is also too sheer. I will probably be settling with MAC from now on. But it does have its qualities: the slight berry stain it leaves on my lips is very natural and, although not 'grape' per se, compliments my skin very well. (Beach Plum seems to have much more pigment though - this is what I should have bought instead!) The slanted tip applicator is easy to use. And a plus: it LASTS! Sticky as hell, but that's the price.

Now, the smell... absolutely no prunes in there! To me it's like watermelon gone rancid. I really dislike it. But it fades after a while and it's not too overpowering. I can live with it. (Duh, Lancome - is artificial grape scent so hard to make? It'd have been a zillion times better than this!)

Definitely not buying this again. For a pretty berry stain I already have MAC's Decorative lustreglass - less transparent, about the same staying power, and a pleasant vanilla smell. Rancid watermelons, yuck...

on 7/29/2004 3:43:00 PM

This looks like a super pigmented gloss from the outside of the tube, but when its on your lips it gives the nicest sheer berry stain. I love it! Its just the perfect amount of tint, and it lasts long too! too bad its d/c

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a really oozes grown up glamour i love it i totally agree with candy_highbeams it does look great with smoky eyes

on 3/18/2004 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just RIS since I have not been able to find this anywhere. This is a scary looking color in the tube, but it is such a pretty sheer berry color when it is on. I like the smell, even though I don't have a clue what it is. I am going to be on the lookout for a backup for this one, I do beleive...

on 3/16/2004 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just when I thought I couldn't love the JT'S more than I already do they make this color. I love it!!! It's a sheer purple on me that's so lush and wet looking. I just love the high shine and the smell, yummy! ;D

on 1/27/2004 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why I like this so much.. it is just gloss!?! I finally caved and bought this 2 days ago... yes willpower indeed. I like the prune because of the faint purple tint it has.

I got home with it and wasn't expecting much.. I mean how much colour is there in a gloss? Wrong.. the tint looked great on my pigmented lips. I actually looked quite polished in a natural way just wearing the JT.

I have swapped for some CJs and am curious to compare the two.

on 1/16/2004 4:36:00 AM

Really wanted to love this since I thought it would *perfect* on my LLL asian skin. It does look nice and natural, not nearly as dark as it appears in the tube...but the smell. I'm not sure what it reminds me of but it just didn't sit right with me. This JT leaves me with a nice natural flushed lip stain and I normally like JT's fragrances but I simply can't bear to use this when there are better things sitting in my drawer. Won't repurchase again.

on 12/23/2003 10:00:00 PM

This is a great purple berry color. It is the closest lipgloss to Club Monaco glaze that I found so far. This is a darker berry than beach plum. It stays on the lips pretty well and doesn't fade. It even tastes great.

on 8/30/2003 8:28:00 PM

I'm so glad I picked this up before it is nowhere to be found. On my lips, it looks like a pretty, sheer berry color. I didn't find it too be dark at all, it just made my pigmented lips a darker shade. Smells like watermelon.

Recommended for Medium Skin