LUSH Liptint in Double Choc

2.7

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Black Treacle, Japan Wax (Rhus Succedanea), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Icing Sugar, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera), Flavour, Glycerine, Hazelnut Oil (Corylus avellana), Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa), Dark Chocolate, Brandy, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Cocoa Absolute (Theobroma cacao), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), *Limonene, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Bronze Powder, Silica.

on 3/26/2013 8:34:00 AM

love the smell and taste of this product! however, dosent apply very good and not keen on the dark colour either i was expecting a more sheer colour i guess. i adore lush, just wish the products didnt have a use by date on them! theyre quite expensive and it sucks to throw them out when they go off. such a waste!

on 1/26/2013 10:21:00 AM

God I hate this product. It smells and tastes good but I can't show myself in public with this on. I can't apply it smoothly, It comes on my lips in pieces and it just doesn't give them an even colour. I'm really pale so it was my bad for choosing the colour without swatching it but nevertheless even if it was red, I couldn't use it. Sorry, Lush, I love you but not because of this product.

on 6/2/2012 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This product has me 100% because of it's colour. It's the most mesmerizing brown. I am olive toned girl and I love how it looks on my lips, makes them appear fuller and matches mu skin tone. I can forgive it it's flaws because of this. It's creamy, but gritty. It goes on wierdly but after a while it melts on my lips and the spreads beautifully. So that is not so big of a problem for me. The smell... chocolate, who wouldn't go crazy for it? The flavor... kinda artificial.

I love the smell and taste of this lip tint. It is a more realistic chocolate scent and flavour than Whip Stick. The colour itself is OK, if not a little too brown for my complexion when the seasons turn so I do need a tan to pull this off (NC20-25, neutral-warm). I also need to wear lip balm under and over this for it to not make my lips dry out.

on 3/3/2011 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Got this in a gift box, would not have touched the stuff myself as brown lip colours are not my thing. I won't comment on the colour as that is pretty subjective, all I can say is that it is gritty, drying, stings a little, and totally hideous on my lips.
As other reviewers mentioned it dries to form a crust on the top and you have to "break" the surface to get to the smooth part. And do not think about applying without a mirror unless you are looking for the "Toddler who found the chocolate bars" look...

on 2/14/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love the scent of this lip tint. As another reviewer mentioned, this is one of the few chocolate lip products that actually delivers on a recognizable scent.

However, I hate the way this product applies. Its a pain in the ass to get out, and it feels gritty at first. The sandy feeling goes away after the heat from my lips melts the tint but still… I apply this on top of Ultrabalm for a bit of extra moisture and sometimes mix in a bit of snow fairy lip tint (holiday LE). Overall, I like this and would get more, hopefully the one I picked up is just wonky.

ETA: Once i got through the top layer of the tint, the grittiness went away. Maybe being all natural created a crust on the top. I Still love the color!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like these! Not as slippery as their regular balms, feels almost matte in its texture on the lips. The color is a bronze/natural color, and I find it to work well on my NC 25 color. Love the scent, better than their whipstick. I think that these are sheer enough to work on any skintone. I would repurchase.

on 9/6/2010 4:05:00 AM

Double Choc contains both hazelnut oil and dark chocolate, and as a result is one of the most realistically chocolate lip balms I've ever used. You know what I mean -- so many lip products promise chocolate and deliver plastic. This one genuinely tastes of chocolate. While it isn't super pigmented, it does leave a subtle bronze-y tint on my lips, which I really like; it's great for those "I'm not wearing any makeup!" looks that everyone is always trying to achieve. The reason I've knocked it down one lippie is that it's moisturizing properties leave something to be desired, as it isn't the most emollient of lip balms that I've tried. As such, it will probably only be used when my lips are in good shape and not dry from the cold. I wouldn't buy again as there are simply too many other lip balms that I love (one of them is LUSH's very own Ultrabalm!), but I will enjoy using this one up.

The best thing about this is it smells amazing and tastes good too. I was excited to see Lush make a lip tint because I swear by their lip balm and how great would it be if there were tint in it? But this is terrible stuff. Really drying on my lips, and goes on a chalky grey-brown color that makes me look like I am suffocating/dead. A corpse with flaky lips. I had to waste things but this is unwearable and will have to toss it.

Popular Lip Treatments