April 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rebeccalexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product helped my dandruff within ONLY 2 uses. Only needed to wash my hair every other day (with my prior I had to each day). Will continue to use during the cold, harsh winter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I bought this because it was on sale and I like the smell of ginger. I do not have scalp issues. With that being said, I did find I did not have to wash my hair as often for the duration of my using this product. The bottle lasted for quite some time, as only a small amount is needed to develop a decent lather. (I have very, very long hair!) Definitely recommended to anyone! Love TBS products!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Fonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My scalp gets itchy and oily very soon, so I am always in desperate need of a good shampoo.

When I first tried out this shampoo, it made my scalp more itchy and my hair coarse. Then I used it again and again.

Why? Because I used Dove's shampoo, and they have silicone in it! I didn't know it was so harmful until I was told.

Then I reached the 3 weeks mark with this shampoo.

My hair turned strong and soft, my scalp doesn't itch anymore and I don't have to wash my hair every other day as it doesn't feel oily, limp or horrible even after 4 days!

I'd suggest most of the grumpy reviewers to give the shampoo some time, because if they, like me, used shampoos with silicone or other harmful ingredients (that admittedly made their hair very shiny, soft and easy to brush and slippery when wet), they need to wash out first and until then, until their scalp gets rid of the harmful stuff, it might itch more, like mine did.

Don't expect wonders just after one or two tries, you need to use it consistently for a few weeks for it to work, to have your scalp get healthy again. It's common sense, really.

My only concern is the price, as it's really costly. But then again, I stock up on it during sales, so there's that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by blakie

This has saved my scalp, seriously, I beg that the body shop never removes this from the shelves! and it does not even smell bad, like the other antidandruff treatments i have used. I will say though if i stop using it for a week my scalp start itching all over again, so this shampoo and i are in it for the long run! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo! It has a great ginger scent and it leaves my hair incredibly soft. I was having problems with my scalp being kind of itchy and dry, but even after just a few days of using this, my scalp is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used countless bottles (400ml ones) of this shampoo. Whenever I get bored of this shampoo and try new ones, i find myself going back to this one again.
I have some eczema on my scalp and it can get sensitive too. When my eczema gets really itchy, I've to switch to stronger stuff like Selsun. Once the eczema has calmed down somewhat, I switch to this Ginger shampoo. It really helps to keep the eczema and itchiness at bay. I don't really like dandruff shampoos because I find them quite strong. I went for a 'scalp check' 3 months back and the scanning machine showed a healthy scalp, there's no inflammation and my follicles are clean of residues. While other shampoos will make appearances in my bathroom, this shampoo is likely to be a permanent feature.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo works its magic rather quickly - within a few days, the amount of dandruff I had had reduced. I continued to use this faithfully everyday, and now with about 1/4 of the bottle left to go, I'm glad to say that my dandruff is gone!!! I found it's scent pretty funky, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It lathers really well too, which I really like (unlike the Rainforest series). I usually pair this with a conditioner to make sure my hair doesn't dry out.

I will use up whatever's left of this and the Rainforest shampoo to see which is better... But if I had to choose I'll definitely re-purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by saintkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my boyfriend as the only one that worked was neutrogena and that is a bit expensive. This did not work in reducing his dandruff or reducing itchiness at all. I am using it now because there is no point in him using it. I find it is a nice gentle shampoo, with a nice scent, makes my hair feel clean but it does not reduce itchiness for me. Good as a general shampoo, but not for dandruff.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MalsHt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't work at all :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chrisssie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product after reading the reviews on MUA. I've used this product for on and off for about 6months. It doesn't do anything to resolve my dandruff or relieve the itch. Will not buy again, waste of money.