November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by alliemarie655

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing product.

Suffered from severe scalp irritation and itchiness for years. At one point I can remember having SCABS on my scalp. Perhaps too much information, but the difference now is night and day.

After about a week of using this it COMPLETELY cleared up my scalp. I will never, ever switch from using this to anything else.

Smells amazing, makes me look forward to my shampoos. Also cleans hair very well (I have also always had oily hair and this takes care of that too)

No negatives.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like this shampoo at all. It has reduced my dandruff only slightly, and after only 1 day my hair LOOKS very greasy, although it isn't much. I never had that with any other shampoo, where I could go 3 or 4 days without washing.

My hair is also very hard to comb through and is more knotted than with any other shampoo, sadly.

I've tried this product for a few weeks.. But sadly, another full bottle of a product I don't like.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by IHeartSteinbeck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently switched to this shampoo after years of Head & Shoulder's Smooth and Silky. The latter shampoo seemed to hydrate my hair itself but did not do much to improve my scalp; in fact, I'd start to flake up the next day and it kept my hair feeling weighed down.
I am thinking that H&S might be a good shampoo but I misdisagnosed my scalp problem as dandruff?
Anyways, since switching to this Ginger Scalp Care shampoo, I have not had flakes appear at all! I alternate between this and Avalon Organic's Lemon Clarifying Shampoo through the week and I have not had any issues with flaking for the last few months. I have not, however, tried it in the winter so I hope it's just as effective then!
The only thing I'd say could be better is giving more shine, but as a flake-fighter, it really delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ladyjadem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just the most wonderful shampoo ever. It smells deliciously spicy, leaves your hair soft but squeaky-clean, prevents oil slicks and clears up dandruff. I've been using it for years on my hair (which is very fine but thick, with greasy roots and bone-dry ends) and it's practically perfect. I have absolutely no complaints about this product. It conditions, cleans, strengthens and reduces hairfall. What's not to love?!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by nippydips

I don't feel that this product has lessened my dandruff considerably, I don't get flakes and it's not visible but yes it's still there. I feel like it works just like how any other organic shampoo would. Maybe I'd be more wow-ed by it if I had used it after long term usage of drugstore shampoos... It is very gentle, has a lovely scent but hasn't provided any miraculous cure for my dandruff. but then again, I live in uber humid Singapore where I guess dandruff and oily hair just occurs more frequently!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MissBlueJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair changes with the weather and when I was in England last year my hair became flaky and dandruff plagued my hair (TMI... I know)

I tried the normal drugstore stuff but nothing worked.

Went to The Body Shop at Junction 32 and bought the Ginger Shampoo as a last resort and my goodness!

MY HAIR BECAME CLEAR, CALMED AND DANDRUFF FREE!!!

I was head over heels excited and thankful for this product!

I used it with the Banana Conditioner and my hair was beautiful! SALON QUALITY!

If you suffer from flaky scalp, I do think you should try the ginger shampoo and pair it with the banana conditioner too.

Smells amazing if you like that natural fruity or herby smells =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rebeccalexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product helped my dandruff within ONLY 2 uses. Only needed to wash my hair every other day (with my prior I had to each day). Will continue to use during the cold, harsh winter months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I bought this because it was on sale and I like the smell of ginger. I do not have scalp issues. With that being said, I did find I did not have to wash my hair as often for the duration of my using this product. The bottle lasted for quite some time, as only a small amount is needed to develop a decent lather. (I have very, very long hair!) Definitely recommended to anyone! Love TBS products!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Fonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My scalp gets itchy and oily very soon, so I am always in desperate need of a good shampoo.

When I first tried out this shampoo, it made my scalp more itchy and my hair coarse. Then I used it again and again.

Why? Because I used Dove's shampoo, and they have silicone in it! I didn't know it was so harmful until I was told.

Then I reached the 3 weeks mark with this shampoo.

My hair turned strong and soft, my scalp doesn't itch anymore and I don't have to wash my hair every other day as it doesn't feel oily, limp or horrible even after 4 days!

I'd suggest most of the grumpy reviewers to give the shampoo some time, because if they, like me, used shampoos with silicone or other harmful ingredients (that admittedly made their hair very shiny, soft and easy to brush and slippery when wet), they need to wash out first and until then, until their scalp gets rid of the harmful stuff, it might itch more, like mine did.

Don't expect wonders just after one or two tries, you need to use it consistently for a few weeks for it to work, to have your scalp get healthy again. It's common sense, really.

My only concern is the price, as it's really costly. But then again, I stock up on it during sales, so there's that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by blakie

This has saved my scalp, seriously, I beg that the body shop never removes this from the shelves! and it does not even smell bad, like the other antidandruff treatments i have used. I will say though if i stop using it for a week my scalp start itching all over again, so this shampoo and i are in it for the long run! :)