The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

on 3/29/2015 12:35:00 PM

I felt I had to write this review to help out anyone else who is searching for a good shampoo.Those of us with sensitive scalps and delicate hair know how impossible it is to find a good product.

The verdict: amazing. Best result I have ever gotten with respect to my scalp and hair.

Scalp: I just started using it, but so far flakes are more diminished than with anything I have tried, and no iching or irritation even on the third day after washing. Unheard of!

Hair: if you have fine, dry, wavy hair that still gets oily at the roots, you know how hard it is to find a shampoo that keeps your roots from looking flat or greasy while not stripping your hair, let alone a scalp shampoo. This did the magic of cleaning the roots, leaving them light and fluffy yet not overly drying my hair. AND I am on my third day of not washing, which I have not been able to do with any other shampoo, or even vinegar rinses. I think it somehow cuts oil production.

Products I use/have tried: all drugstore scalp shampoos, nizoral, vinegar rinses. The last two work pretty well, but this is better and leaves my hair less heavy than nizoral, less dry than vinegar. and scalp feels betters.

Conclusion: if you are wondering if this shampoo could really be so amazing, try it! For me it is:)) so grateful for the reviews here

on 11/28/2014 9:05:00 PM

I don't often repurchase a shampoo, but I really love this stuff. cleans my hair without stripping or making my hair dry. hair is left very shiny and silky. I don't use this everyday, but a few times a week, followed by a deep conditioner. Just bought three of the larger sized bottles I love it so much!

on 10/23/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Amazing product.

Suffered from severe scalp irritation and itchiness for years. At one point I can remember having SCABS on my scalp. Perhaps too much information, but the difference now is night and day.

After about a week of using this it COMPLETELY cleared up my scalp. I will never, ever switch from using this to anything else.

Smells amazing, makes me look forward to my shampoos. Also cleans hair very well (I have also always had oily hair and this takes care of that too)

No negatives.

on 10/1/2014 10:11:00 AM

I do not like this shampoo at all. It has reduced my dandruff only slightly, and after only 1 day my hair LOOKS very greasy, although it isn't much. I never had that with any other shampoo, where I could go 3 or 4 days without washing.

My hair is also very hard to comb through and is more knotted than with any other shampoo, sadly.

I've tried this product for a few weeks.. But sadly, another full bottle of a product I don't like.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently switched to this shampoo after years of Head & Shoulder's Smooth and Silky. The latter shampoo seemed to hydrate my hair itself but did not do much to improve my scalp; in fact, I'd start to flake up the next day and it kept my hair feeling weighed down.
I am thinking that H&S might be a good shampoo but I misdisagnosed my scalp problem as dandruff?
Anyways, since switching to this Ginger Scalp Care shampoo, I have not had flakes appear at all! I alternate between this and Avalon Organic's Lemon Clarifying Shampoo through the week and I have not had any issues with flaking for the last few months. I have not, however, tried it in the winter so I hope it's just as effective then!
The only thing I'd say could be better is giving more shine, but as a flake-fighter, it really delivers.

on 6/28/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is just the most wonderful shampoo ever. It smells deliciously spicy, leaves your hair soft but squeaky-clean, prevents oil slicks and clears up dandruff. I've been using it for years on my hair (which is very fine but thick, with greasy roots and bone-dry ends) and it's practically perfect. I have absolutely no complaints about this product. It conditions, cleans, strengthens and reduces hairfall. What's not to love?!

on 5/18/2014 10:34:00 AM

I don't feel that this product has lessened my dandruff considerably, I don't get flakes and it's not visible but yes it's still there. I feel like it works just like how any other organic shampoo would. Maybe I'd be more wow-ed by it if I had used it after long term usage of drugstore shampoos... It is very gentle, has a lovely scent but hasn't provided any miraculous cure for my dandruff. but then again, I live in uber humid Singapore where I guess dandruff and oily hair just occurs more frequently!

on 5/12/2014 9:17:00 AM

My hair changes with the weather and when I was in England last year my hair became flaky and dandruff plagued my hair (TMI... I know)

I tried the normal drugstore stuff but nothing worked.

Went to The Body Shop at Junction 32 and bought the Ginger Shampoo as a last resort and my goodness!

MY HAIR BECAME CLEAR, CALMED AND DANDRUFF FREE!!!

I was head over heels excited and thankful for this product!

I used it with the Banana Conditioner and my hair was beautiful! SALON QUALITY!

If you suffer from flaky scalp, I do think you should try the ginger shampoo and pair it with the banana conditioner too.

Smells amazing if you like that natural fruity or herby smells =)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product helped my dandruff within ONLY 2 uses. Only needed to wash my hair every other day (with my prior I had to each day). Will continue to use during the cold, harsh winter months.

on 1/15/2014 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because it was on sale and I like the smell of ginger. I do not have scalp issues. With that being said, I did find I did not have to wash my hair as often for the duration of my using this product. The bottle lasted for quite some time, as only a small amount is needed to develop a decent lather. (I have very, very long hair!) Definitely recommended to anyone! Love TBS products!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products