April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a huge fan of this. I've used it with and without the Studio Finish Skin Corrector and I find it oxidized in both situations. But I have to say the thing that absolutely irritates me the most is the waste of product due to the pump style packaging. No matter how softly I squeeze down on it, a huge amount dispenses and since I use very little the rest goes to waste. I thought a liquid form concealer would be a better fit for me than the Studio Fix Concealer but I much prefer that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Btays

I've been through a myriad of concealers and have been searching for a concealer that is light enough for my skin tone (even the lightest shades of most brands are too dark for me) provides excellent coverage, and stays all day. A lot to ask, right? This concealer provides everything I ask for. I have it in NW15 and it is just the right shade to match my very fair skin tone. I have acne prone skin with a lot of redness and acne scars and this covers them right up but leaves a nice dewy look. The packaging is really nice and comes with a pump which you should be cautious with because a little goes a long way. Overall, this is an excellent product and I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase. I would recommend this concealer to anyone who is searching for a full coverage concealer that stays all day, and doesn't mind a thicker formula. Love love love!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Pistachiosforall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Absolute crap. I bought it because of stellar reviews here and I am very disappointed!! I gave it three different tries and used various methods of applying from brush to fingers to sponge.. but it still looked disgusting.
1. I am an NW30 and have always been at MAC, this concealer had a very pinkish hue for some reason that have my skin and under eye area a dull cast, which defeats the purpose of a concealer!
2. Very drying settles into fine lines that I didn't know I had. (I'm in my 20s for god sake!)
3. Doesn't blend well. at all.
4. It lasts all day..but when it makes your skin look the way it did to mine its not necessarily a good thing!
Please try it properly before you buy..get a sample and look at it in real natural light (not the florescent lighting at MAC)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Bijanx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with this concealer. I'm not a huge fan of MAC foundation, but this concealer is like an eraser! I don't think I've ever used a concealer that is this great. First of all, I have some red spots, freckles, and some minor acne scarring on my face. I just dip my brush and start erasing it all away. It works wonders for someone who loves full coverage. I actually found this product on Youtube after someone did a tutorial of using it on their whole entire face to get a flawless finish. It's quite pricey for a little bottle, however a little does go a long way with this concealer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this stuff at all. It really oxidized on my skin and looked very dry.. I don't have particularly dry skin either (more combo).

the pump also dispatchs way more product than necessary. haven't used more than 10% of it :/

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by debpeters

I mean seriously, has no one noticed the horrible smell from this thing? it smells like an old damp dirty rag. I really don't know what's in it to make it smell so terrible but I'm sure it cant be good for my skin. The concealer itself isnt bad, neither is it amazing. The only upside is the fact that it doesnt feel dry or cakey on even though it's a long lasting concealer. it covers relatively well, and is definitely buildable. Smell doesnt usually bother me, but this time it's enough for me to safely say I will never ever repurchase. Also do take note, I noticed the NW shades run alot more orange than the studio finish concealers. I'd love to hear back from someone else who has noticed the smell because I'd like to know I didnt get one from a bad batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by amyhodges

Pros- Really good product! Covers up allot and really high lights under the eyes! I would recommend this to people with dark under eyes ! Cons- However they need to fix up the pump, it lets our WAY too much product and I end up wasting half of it :( which is a pain as it does cost $40

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good for covering blemishes but I don't get people who put it under the eyes... it is drying and accentuates fine lines. And the packaging is rubbish: you can't control how much goes out. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CathyAMR101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first higher ended liquid concealers, and I was looking for something that could pull double duty as under eye and blemish concealer. This one was recommended by the SA at MAC. She matched me to NW20 but I feel this is too pink for me. I have yellow undertones (but redness on my face) and this doesn't quite match. I think NC20 would have worked better, but I can't deduct points for simply having the wrong color. My issue with this concealer is it oxidized like crazy on me by the end of the day. I never understood what people meant when they say something has turned orange on them, now I know! It literally turns orange on my skin. I have very oily skin and this is probably what affected this but for a longwear concealer I expected more. It is definitely not long wearing on my oily skin, by midday the blemish I've covered that morning is completely bare. It's not bad under my eyes though, probably because they are drier there, and does last all day with only slight creasing. Overall, I will not repurchase this because it simply does not play well with my skin and I've accepted the fact I will need two types of concealers for different purposes. For those with drier/normal skin types, this one may work better. Oh, and a note on the packaging. I at first felt that the glass bottle felt high end and luxe, but am scared of dropping it, like other reviewers have mentioned. Not travel friendly either. Also, the pump is not user friendly because it dispenses wayyyy too much product at once, and it is very difficult to moderate this so it only dispenses what you need. I've been putting a pump into a Sephora sample container and use it from there. I am now trying the MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #3 and though it is slightly pink, it DOES last all day and doesn't oxidize! More expensive but I find you pay for what you get. Also, the Lumi concealer by Maybelline in fair is quite nice as a drugstore concealer, though it is not full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

I am a bit so-so about this concealer. I have this one in NC20 and the color is a bit off for me, especially underneath my eyes. It's too yellow. If I bought this again, I would buy maybe NW15 or NW20. It looks a bit ashy underneath my eyes, and it does crease. When I first bought it, it didn't but now it definitely does a couple of months later. I don't know why.

References:
This concealer in NC20 is too dark for the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory, but it is slightly lighter than 200 Soft Beige. It kind of oxidizes though so during the day it turns into the same color.

Pros:
- It lasts for a long time if you pump the concealer into a little sample pot and use the leftovers the next day (that sounds really weird but you know what I mean). I've had mine for about 6 months and there is plenty of product left, and I use it pretty much every single day.
- The consistency is not too thick.
- Color selection is great!

Cons:
- It creases underneath my eyes. I don't have wrinkles but I have, like most of us, fine lines underneath my eyes.
- Packaging, a glass bottle and you have to be careful because you really have to practise to be able to control how much comes out.
- It is a more expensive concealer.
- I don't know if this breaks me out, which sounds odd because I've used it for so long... I'm trying to figure that out. Sometimes I feel like it does, other times I'm sure it doesn't.

I hope this was somewhat helpful! x