December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Adrien Arpel Foam Cleanser

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've known about and used Adrien Arpel products since I was in my early 20's and hadn't really tried anything again until now. I was curious about the Foam Cleanser and decided to order it from the Adrien Arpel website (the Adrien Arpel line is owned by Color Me Beautiful and not by Adrienne Arpel herself for several years now). I'm glad that I did. It is not foamy as the name suggests but dispenses from its push-top container as a creamy texture which emulsifies into a milky lotion that is fragrance free and paraben free. I found that the best way to use this cleanser was to wet my face, dispense a nickel size amount of product onto the palm of my hand, rub my wet palms together to emulsify the cleanser and then apply it all over my face. I rinse it off and finish removing it with a wet warm washcloth and my face is left clean, soothed and hydrated without a greasy afterfeel. It removed makeup efficiently and completely. I like this as a morning cleanser and actually prefer to use the Signature Club A makeup meltdown/cleansing cremes to remove my makeup as they eliminate the need for tugging or pulling to get face makeup and eye makeup off. (Adrienne Arpel owns the Signature Club A line and it's her current incarnation of skincare and makeup products geared towards older women with changing skincare needs). All in all, I recommend this cleanser for those with combination or dry skin looking for a mild, gentle cleanser that is fragrance free and paraben free.