August 29, 2014 | 1767 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - fresh complexion concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm so bummed about this concealer, not because it doesn't look great on the skin, last all day without creasing and cover my slight dark circles, but because it gave me huge cystic acne underneath my eyes.

After the first day of using this product, I developed a ginormous cyst right below my tear duct on my right eye. Day 2 of using the product and I developed another cyst under my left eye. This is the only new product I've used on my eyes.

If you're not acne prone, this is definitely a product to check out; it's super cheap and gives good coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer in the lightest shade they had a few years ago when I was in the process of looking for a new skin makeup. This is one fo the first ones I tried. I can't remember off the top of my head what I paid for it, but I think it was under $5, so a good value. Cute little bottle, too. :)

Formula wise, this stuff was very good- perfect color match to my pale skin, and blended in flawlessly. It was very creamy and easily blendable. I used a powder to set it (I think it was the clean make-up powder, which I didn't like that much, lol). I used this sort of like a foundation, and blended in all over. So for about a week or so, I thought I hd found my new favorite concealer.

Boy, was I wrong, lol. This stuff left my skin feeling very oily, even after removal (I have dry skin normally, so this left me with the exact opposite). But worst of all, it left me with HUGE painful cystic acne! All over my face where it had been applied! (We're talking multiple-core zits here with 2-3 whiteheads PER ZIT! XD lol). Even after I stopped using it, it took several months for my skin to completely heal. Out of all the skin make-up I have ever used that has broken me out, this one by far was the worst of them. I was disappointed because the concealer initially seemed like the perfect one. I have not purchased it since then, I do not recommend it for girls with acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG concealer! I've been using this for years since my mom used it to cover up her circles. I use it as concealer and on those days where I feel really confident in my skin, I'll wear it as a foundation as well. It blends well, it covers, it brightens my face, and it doesn't melt off on those hot summer days. I'm also really pale so it's nice having something that blends seamlessly into my neck and doesn't make me look like I have a bad tan. I hope CoverGirl never discontinues this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm loving this! Purchased this as a under eyes concealer. No, I don't have super dark circles. But I do look tired. This is quite nice. I can layer this without making it look cakey. the color creamy beige is a perfect match for my fair warm complexion (revlon buff). Will update how it performs on acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by iHaileyloco

OK coverage, but definitely not a good highlighter in my opinion. Doesn't brighten my face the way id like it to..nor cover my dark circles as much as id like. Not the worst drugstore concealer but nowhere near the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

I absolutely love this concealer. I have really clear skin so this is just what I need. However if some people need more coverage, this isn't the best option

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by autumnlee33

LOVE IT! im definitely not a concealer kinda girl i avoid it because ive never found one that worked for me but WOW this stuff is awesome! covers zits/redness perfectly, not greasy, doesn't crease and for me with dry combo skin it lasts all day with a setting powder. its not heavy and feels very natural on the skin its 5-6 dollars @ walmart so the price isnt bad under the eyes its doesnt completely cover dark circles but masks it and makes them less noticeable definitely will repurchase :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

This concealer is a must in my makeup routine! BUT, not to conceal. It has very little coverage, but the colour range goes light enough for me to use it as a highlighter under my eyes! Not many drugstore brands have light enough concealers to use on my very pale skin, but this one is great! It lasts a while, but once again, not very much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer feels good on the skin- doesn't seem greasy or oily. It's not bad to crease, and for that reason it looks good under the eyes. I only wish it were more pigmented! It looks natural on the skin, (blends, doesn't stick to dry patches, etc) but it just isn't enough on its own for my dark circles. I've never tried it on zits, so I can't say how it performs there. Overall I think I can probably get a better concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: light colors available, thin consistency, sets on its own, natural "blurring" concealer
CONS: small color range, not densely pigmented, too liquidy in consistency for some people's liking, doesn't last all day

This was the first makeup item I ever had. My mom took me to Target at the young age of 12, hooked me up with some Covergirl Clean foundation, this concealer, some blush, lip gloss, and a tube of mascara. I remembered liking it then, so out of nostalgia, I repurchased it on my own recently, some 5 years after the last time I had owned it.

Ah, what a lovely product.

Essentially, this is the "tinted moisturizer" of concealers: perfect for a fresh, natural, no-makeup makeup look. My mother all those years ago had, in a sense, introduced me to the perfect makeup for a beginner. With light, soft coverage and a natural powder finish, it serves to blur imperfections more than it completely conceals, ideal for a young girl who doesn't know the correct amount of product to apply. For someone more advanced, the coverage may seem lackluster or nonexistent, but I find it perfect for minimalism, natural skin- it doesn't sink into lines under my eyes or into pores, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't need to be set with powder, and it doesn't look makeup-y. The coverage is softly buildable.

You won't like this if you're searching for a high coverage concealer, have severe discoloration, have a deeper skin tone, or like working with thick concealers. However, younger girls, minimalist girls, fair-skinned girls, and low-maintenance-makeup girls, rejoice.

I'm glad that I repurchased this concealer.