April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - fresh complexion concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer feels good on the skin- doesn't seem greasy or oily. It's not bad to crease, and for that reason it looks good under the eyes. I only wish it were more pigmented! It looks natural on the skin, (blends, doesn't stick to dry patches, etc) but it just isn't enough on its own for my dark circles. I've never tried it on zits, so I can't say how it performs there. Overall I think I can probably get a better concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: light colors available, thin consistency, sets on its own, natural "blurring" concealer
CONS: small color range, not densely pigmented, too liquidy in consistency for some people's liking, doesn't last all day

This was the first makeup item I ever had. My mom took me to Target at the young age of 12, hooked me up with some Covergirl Clean foundation, this concealer, some blush, lip gloss, and a tube of mascara. I remembered liking it then, so out of nostalgia, I repurchased it on my own recently, some 5 years after the last time I had owned it.

Ah, what a lovely product.

Essentially, this is the "tinted moisturizer" of concealers: perfect for a fresh, natural, no-makeup makeup look. My mother all those years ago had, in a sense, introduced me to the perfect makeup for a beginner. With light, soft coverage and a natural powder finish, it serves to blur imperfections more than it completely conceals, ideal for a young girl who doesn't know the correct amount of product to apply. For someone more advanced, the coverage may seem lackluster or nonexistent, but I find it perfect for minimalism, natural skin- it doesn't sink into lines under my eyes or into pores, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't need to be set with powder, and it doesn't look makeup-y. The coverage is softly buildable.

You won't like this if you're searching for a high coverage concealer, have severe discoloration, have a deeper skin tone, or like working with thick concealers. However, younger girls, minimalist girls, fair-skinned girls, and low-maintenance-makeup girls, rejoice.

I'm glad that I repurchased this concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for years while suffering moderate and cystic acne, only to look at the ingredients list and discover that it contains parabens and severely pore clogging sodium chloride - yes, straight up table salt! if you accidentally dab some on the corner of your mouth, it even TASTES vaguely like salt. EWW. I discontinued using it on my face and saw noticeable clearing of my acne within a week.

Still, it was the only concealer I had found that performed well under my eyes, so I continued to use it just around my eye area. But no matter how careful I was to avoid bringing it further down my face, I would STILL get tiny red white heads on the tops of my cheeks and even above my eyes.

Luckily I found a better concealer for under my eyes and discontinued using this product permanently. I would NOT recommend it to anyone who has sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

Up until now I uses the Wet n Wild Coverall stick, and I hated it. I only bought it because it was $2. I bought this Covergirl concealer in the shade creamy natural and it works nice. I like it better than the stick. It cover under eye circles well and only cover mild-medium blemishes. I was stuck between this and the invisible concealer Covergirl has but I got this because it was cheaper. It works really well thought, I will probably get this again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love, love, love this product ! Okay, I bought this maybe 10 times and always get nice results! Let me explain. I don't use this as a concealer, but as foundation, since maybe 1 year. I do love the formula. Light to medium coverage, not cakey, natural, glides easily with my beauty blender. The best thing is that it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!! Thats is why I put this all over my face, as a foundation. I always think foundation is too heavy on my face, but this is just perfect to even out my skin tone. I got this in the shades creamy natural and buff beige, and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I also use this as a under eye concealer, since I don't need much coverage because I don't have bad dark circles. When I wear this, my skin is not oily at all. After I put this on, I blot whit the all about matt mattyfing powder by Essence, and it keeps me matte all day. Love this combo for my skin! Near HG. Always repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

way too sheer to cover up pimples but it's good for under eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kcheverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim many years ago when I first started needing concealer, and never felt the need to try anything else. It works on all blemishes and under my eyes (granted I don't have very dark circles under my eyes). Like someone else said, I just dot it on, pat it to blend, and set it with powder. I can see the packaging being a hygiene issue - It's a doefoot applicator, and dotting it on blemishes over and over might contaminate it. It's easy enough to just use a concealer brush with it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lovesabrinaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Previously i had used the essence stay all day liquid concealer but that got discontinued so i thought i'd try this concealer. I've used it for over a month and i wanted to hold off on reviewing until now so i give you guys true review on this.
Honestly, i'm on the fence with this thing. Gotta admit you get alot and the shade matches my skin tone perfectly. The problem is i have super dark under eye circles and although it helps quite a bit, you can still see them. Overtime it also begins to crease which i hate so much and when i try to blend the crease out it comes off and makes my under eyes look bad again. it doesn't cover pimples well either but i've veen blessed this month with not having too many. All in all this concealer is ok, it's annoying yes but i'm gonna keep using it until it's empty and then find a better quality one xx

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I agree with previous posts about this being great under the eyes, but don't even try to cover a zit with it. It won't work. It's more like a bb cream than a concealer IMO. I like the covergirl stick concealer for that random zit.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I wanted to try a new concealer and grabbed this one. Big mistake. It isn't bad for under eye circles but if you want it to cover pimples...forget it!!