October 23, 2014 | 830 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Serum de Rouge in Plum Serum (880)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

God I love this! It's a beautiful formula, beautiful colour, beautifully flattering. I got these as a gift from my cousin, which was terribly evil (and lovely) of her, as now that I've experienced such a great lipstick, I'm gonna be stuck to it for the rest of my life. When it runs out, I will def buy. This is my favourite from all the shades in this line, although the rosewood one is a perfect colour for MLBB.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Already owning the lipstick in Rosewood 740 and Raspberry 760 (separate reviews) I knew the formula was great and was happy when Dior came out with this gorgeous plum shade. My lips very easily and quickly react to preservatives in most lipsticks. They tingle for one day, then are dry and flaky the next. Also, my lips are very pink, naturally, so a lot of lipsticks turn fuchsia on me. I can actually say that this is a true plum, not too purple, too pink, too red, or too brown – all problems I’ve had with past “plums.” This is dark without being garish or ghoulish; and it has drama without being too bold. It’s very complementary to my light olive skin with cool undertones. I can easily make it more sheer by applying lip balm first, lightly blotting that off after a few minutes, then applying this (of course it doesn’t last as long, but it gives a nice stain-like look). I will definitely buy this again and will probably keep buying these lipsticks from Dior as the formula is just fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an easy, comfortable, sort of weekend color. Something I could put on without looking in the mirror. I bought this color anticipating a sheer plum color (like Clinique's Black Honey). But... This is not sheer. It's a full on color and it is DARK. The lipstick itself is gorgeous. It's soft and moisturizing on my lipsticks but the color was just not right. I love the way these lipsticks feel on my lips so I'm going to keep on trying them to find the color that works for me.